JKOwners Forum banner

looking for someone that paints cars...

13K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  H2B 
#1 ·
looking to have my jeep painted for a reasonable price.

#5 ·
I can shoot the color if you find a booth. what color? and how soon?

#7 ·
Hey Moose how much if I sanded/prepped jeep?
A complete paint job would start around 2 grand. Would go up from there depending on body work needed, custom colors, changing the color, two-tones and so on.

One way to save on the labor would be to do the R&I (remove and install) yourself. Mirrors, handles, flares, etc., all have to come off before the Jeep is "properly" refinished. I say properly because a lot of fly-by-night shops will just tape and spray. Not the right way to do it.

If you change the color you have to consider the extra time to paint the inside of your hood, engine bay, windshield frame , doors, tailgate, door jams...you get the point. Stuff that would not normally be painted on a standard all over.

#8 ·
you find a booth, and I'll still paint it. the whole deal to a good or great paint job is in the prep. i like the flat black. i've been considering doing a flat-clear over the blue on my Jeep. I think it would look cool with the blue in a flat tone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.