Second Annual Rowher Trail Run & BBQ - 02.17.13 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 01-26-2013, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Thumbs up Second Annual Rowher Trail Run & BBQ - 02.17.13

This will be the second time that my son Vince and I have sponsored this run, but our first time as co-owners of HigherGround Fab & Off-Road and vendors on JKOwners. Last year we had about 40 rigs join us, and we are looking for a similar turn-out this year.

We are running the Rowher Trail and Lookout Trail at Rowher Flat in the Angeles National Forest (Santa Clarita Valley area) on Sunday 02.17.13 at 11 a.m. followed by a BBQ/potluck at the end of the trail. The trail takes about 2 to 3 hours to finish. This will be a very Newbie-Friendly trail run, so all Jeeps are welcome to join us. Yes, completely stock Jeeps will do fine, and we will team up inexperienced drivers with trail veterans. This will be a great time for all!

Give-a-Way
As always, we will bring along some off-road accessories to give-a-way. So far, we have a Warn 8,000 pound winch, a set of Rigid Dually LED lights, a 48" High-Lift Jack, 2 ARB EZ-Deflators, and some D-rings to give-a-way.

Requirements: Assuming we have dry conditions, any Jeep will do fine. The only requirement is a front mounted tow point.

Difficulty: The great thing about Rowher is that it is a lot of fun for drivers of all experience levels and rigs from bone stock to highly modified. Rowher has moderate to steep hill climbs and some optional areas from easy to almost difficult, and there is the optional and hard-core rock garden/play area at the staging area where we will have the BBQ. We can sit back and watch people break stuff!

Here's a pic of the optional rock garden:

Food: We will supply hamburgers and buns for everyone (please let us know how many people will be in your Jeep), but drinks are on you. Also, it would be great if others can offer to bring other stuff, like paper plates, side dishes, etc. Just let me know what you can bring. If you don't like hamburgers, feel free to bring whatever you prefer.

What to Bring: Bring kids, your dogs, grandma, whatever. There are picnic tables, BBQ grills, and toilets at the staging area, but you should bring chairs for anyone in your Jeep. Also, there is no running water at the staging area.

Note: Since we will be parking in a fee area of the Angeles National Forest, the rules say that you need to display a Forest Adventure Pass on your parked vehicle. I think daily passes are $5.

How to Get There: We will meet at Staging Area 1 inside the Rowher Flat OHV area. In order to get there, exit the 14 Freeway at Sand Canyon Rd. and go North. Make a right when you get to Sierra Hwy. After about 4.5 miles, turn left at Rush Canyon Rd. You really can't miss this turn because there are big signs for the Rowher OHV area. You will take Rush Cyn. and follow it down to Staging Area 1 (where the rock garden is).

Here is a map of the area:

I will be posting up more details as we get closer, but please let me know if you'd like to join us.

Going:
1. Dave "CALIJK" of HigherGround Fab
2. VInce "modestoperandi" of HigherGround Fab
3. Jim Cox of HigherGround Fab
4. Critter
5. gobstopper
6. lbjammin - 2 jeeps
7. BullyWagon

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Wheeler

Count me in! Aaron
post #3 of 15 Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 PM
Wheeler

I'm in, tentatively.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 02-11-2013, 08:03 PM
Granite Guru

hey there I'm just up the road from the Rower flat area in Acton add 2 more jeeps and 3 people to the list!

I usually play up in that area at night to avoid the bikes and quads on the trails and never noticed they added the rock garden in the staging area?
post #5 of 15 Old 02-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobstopper View Post
I'm in, tentatively.
Ok, I'm definitely in.

There's one of me, and I'll bring some paper plates and some chips (or equivalent) if you'll let me know about how much I should bring.

2 bags? 6 bags? A truckload?
post #6 of 15 Old 02-13-2013, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critter View Post
Count me in! Aaron
Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibjammin View Post
hey there I'm just up the road from the Rower flat area in Acton add 2 more jeeps and 3 people to the list!

I usually play up in that area at night to avoid the bikes and quads on the trails and never noticed they added the rock garden in the staging area?
Great! Yeah the rock garden is a lot of fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobstopper View Post
Ok, I'm definitely in.

There's one of me, and I'll bring some paper plates and some chips (or equivalent) if you'll let me know about how much I should bring.

2 bags? 6 bags? A truckload?
Got you down! A bag or two is fine - we usually end up with way too much food.

This is going to be a really big turnout. We have 77 signed up through our facebook page.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this Sunday.

Dave

We are a Custom Off-Road Fabrication Shop
HigherGround Fab & Off-Road
22117 Sierra Highway, Sylmar, CA 91342
(818) 367-9904

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 15 Old 02-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Granite Guru

Second Annual Rowher Trail Run & BBQ - 02.17.13

I'll be there. 1 jeep 2 people
post #8 of 15 Old 02-14-2013, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullyWagon View Post
I'll be there. 1 jeep 2 people
Awesome BullyWagon - look forward to meeting you!

(818) 367-9904

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 15 Old 02-14-2013, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Just a quick update on the Give-A-Way for the Rowher Meet-N-Greet:

So far, we have a Warn 8,000 pound winch, a set of Rigid Dually LED lights, a 48" High-Lift Jack, 2 ARB EZ-Deflators, and some D-rings to give-a-way. Looking forward to giving this stuff away!

(818) 367-9904

post #10 of 15 Old 02-15-2013, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Important Notice about the HigherGround Fab BBQ and Run set for this Sunday. As of right now, it looks like we will have at least 100 rigs show up (counting other forums and our facebook page). We are absolutely thrilled about this and encourage everyone to come and invite more people, but due to the size of the group, HGFab is not going to be able to organize the trail runs, as we will be too busy cooking and getting everyone signed up for the give-a-way. We suggest that for those who want to run the trail, that you break up into smaller groups, pick a trail leader and head out on your own. We will have copies of the trail map at the give-a-way table if anyone needs one.

Some people may want to get out there early and run the trail and be back to Staging Area 1 to eat. Others may want to run the trail after eating Ė itís up to you. There will be a lot of people there who have run Rowher before, so just ask around if you canít find a group to go with. Or, look for people with an HGFab t-shirt and we will do our best to get you hooked up with a trail group. If you are new and just don't know anyone to run with, be friendly, and introduce yourself to someone who looks like they know what they are doing. If you are shy, come find one of us, and we will get you hooked up with someone. Of course, you donít have to run the trail at all Ė you can just hang out, eat, and play in the rock garden.

We will be getting to Staging Area 1 at 11 a.m. We will start cooking at 11:30, and everyone is welcome to start eating at Noon. At 1:00 p.m. we will be doing the give-a-way, so make sure you are signed up at the give-a-way table and present at the staging area at 1:00 p.m., or you canít win.

If you want to run the trail prior to the give-a-way, you should start no later than 10:00 a.m.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday!!

Thank you!
Dave

(818) 367-9904

post #11 of 15 Old 02-17-2013, 08:12 PM Thread Starter
JKowners Vendor

Because of the huge turn-out, I was not able to take as many pics as I normally do, but here is what I got: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...7540438&type=1

I'm pretty sure that Jami got some more pics on the shop camera, and as soon as I get those I will post them up.

Wow; thanks again for everyone that came out for this run - overwhelmingly awesome is about all I can say! See you soon.

Thanks,
Dave

(818) 367-9904

post #12 of 15 Old 02-18-2013, 09:33 AM
Granite Guru

Second Annual Rowher Trail Run & BBQ - 02.17.13

Thank you for an awesome day! It was great meeting everyone and getting to see the awesome work you guys put into your customer's and your own jeeps.

I snapped a couple of pics, and will have some gopro footage from our run soon.

post #13 of 15 Old 02-18-2013, 06:01 PM

Nice pics, thanks for the shot of me in the rocks!
post #14 of 15 Old 02-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Wheeler

Here is a bunch of shots my daughter got.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=891b1139ea

08 unlimited soft top for sale. Only used a couple times excellent shape. Make me an offer.

Rig:
12 JKU Sport
Rubi sliders
Teraflex 2.5" BB
315/70/17 BFG AT TA KO's
post #15 of 15 Old 02-22-2013, 07:34 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporticon View Post
Here is a bunch of shots my daughter got.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=891b1139ea
Nice pics!

Thanks to the crew @ Higher Ground for another great event!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode