German Shepherd puppy - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 12-18-2012, 07:43 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

German Shepherd puppy

I found this German Shepherd pup 10 days ago. He is 3 - 3 1/2 months old. No one locally has claimed him. He is pure-bread. We got him his first shots and did all tests on him to make sure he is not sick... and he isn't. Currently we are de-worming him (does not appear to have worms but better safe then sorry). He is eating great (Royal Canine puppy food).

This guy is amazingly smart and easy to train. In the last 10 days he learned to sit. He learned not to steal or grab food. He is housebroken... will not go #2 inside at all anymore and will not urinate inside if he is let out every few hours (still a puppy so he can't hold it too long). His teeth are itching so he is biting right now but this is normal and we are teaching him to only chew toys and not hands.

He is a dominant dog. He will not get along with kids right now and is not a good dog for a household with another dominant dog. He does not bite my hand anymore as he knows I am dominant but he will bite other hands sometimes. He will attack my dominant Husky to show dominance but will not touch my other female non-dominant dogs.

He needs to be in a house with no other pets in my opinion and preferably no kids. At least until he is 1 year old. He will make an exceptional guard dog and because of his high intelligence I demand he goes to an owner that will properly train him to get the most out of a dog like this.

PM me why you think this dog would be right for you.. include where you live, your address, your experience with dogs, who you live with.

Adoption fee is $150. This covers his first shots, all exams that I did on him, his collar and leash, and the food invested so far. He is eating very healthy right now and you should expect to pay $30-$50 a week at a minimum for proper feeding of Royal Canine + bones/ treats.

If I don't find a great owner I plan to keep him.

See video of him here:

Stopa - YouTube

www.californiasurveillanceinvestigators.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Granite Guru

go to the german sherpherd community on face book...they have great ideas on how to train him. Remember, your family is HIS pack. You alpha humane, he is second in command to everyone else...good luck, they are wouderful animals, i am owned by 2 females myself.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-19-2012, 09:50 AM
Rock God

My 15 year old nephew has been hounding me for a German Shepard puppy. Too bad his grades slipped a little this month or this would have been perfect for him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 12-19-2012, 10:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Good lookin' pup!!

I am going to get another one but with several dogs and two kids I really need to start off with a pup straight from mom.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-19-2012, 11:07 AM
Granite Guru

OMG his ears! Best of luck with him, please be smart about the home you find for him, makes me so nervous

Jersey
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Crew!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerdog View Post
Steph, you are the spicy mustard that binds this sausage fest together.
"You cant stop me, you can only try and contain me.."
post #6 of 7 Old 02-25-2013, 08:10 PM
JKowners Vendor

Tell Kate that if she gives that dog away, Oleg will cry

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 7 Old 03-22-2013, 09:31 PM
Granite Guru

What's up with dog? Did you find him a home? I'm not looking but I am curious. You seem like a dog guy and I like how you posted your ad. Glad this wasn't one of those we moved dog has to go, first come first serve deal. I'd just like to know what happened to the little guy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode