Who do you use for alignment? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 11-23-2012, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage
Who do you use for alignment?

I'm out here in the IE (Redlands), I'm curious who you guys use to do your alignments out here? I'd like to get a full alignment done so I can get everything set (including caster) and know exactly where I'm at with my new front control arms that will be going on tomorrow. I'd really prefer someone who knows jeeps. Thanks in advance.

07 X 2dr- 6spd

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 11-23-2012, 09:13 AM
Rock God

Hey matt. I usually do all my own stuff. But if you want the best & willing to pay a little more. Pruetts in Redlands is the place. South of the blvd, near Texas.
post #3 of 8 Old 11-23-2012, 11:21 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to venom

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Wife
I might just go crazy and kill you in your sleep, instead of just planning it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 11-23-2012, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman View Post
Hey matt. I usually do all my own stuff. But if you want the best & willing to pay a little more. Pruetts in Redlands is the place. South of the blvd, near Texas.
Thanks Kraig. Ill check them out. I know ORW has a full alignment rack but I don't really wanna drive to temecula. I normally would do it myself too but considering that I just did all new control arms and all that, I'd like to just get it dialed in and then get a printout of where I'm at. Drove it tonight though and it drives better than it ever has IMO. And I'm 99% sure the DW is gone!!

07 X 2dr- 6spd

post #5 of 8 Old 11-25-2012, 04:34 PM
Rock God

Pep Boys is pretty good, too

2013 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Warn 9.5ti winch
2.5-inch Teraflex lift
35-inch General Grabbers

2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Rubicon Wheels and Tires
post #6 of 8 Old 11-26-2012, 10:55 AM
RIP Brad

Garage

DIY. There are write-ups here and you'll find it easy. If you lived closer I'd show you. There is nothing an alignment shop can do with a solid axle that you can't do yourself with a tape and angle finder (about five bucks at HF for the both).

Aldo... let me know if I can help you.
post #7 of 8 Old 11-26-2012, 01:09 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx View Post
DIY. There are write-ups here and you'll find it easy. If you lived closer I'd show you. There is nothing an alignment shop can do with a solid axle that you can't do yourself with a tape and angle finder (about five bucks at HF for the both).

Aldo... let me know if I can help you.
Yeah, I'm not afraid to do it myself. But since I just resolved my DW issues and did new front control arms I'm just gonna have it aligned once and get the specs so I know where I'm at and can tweak it from there if I need to.

07 X 2dr- 6spd

post #8 of 8 Old 11-27-2012, 06:05 AM
Rock God

Garage
Post Tape measure

I just use a tape measure to check and adjust the toe-in. I try to set about 1/8" toe-in. That is the front being about 1/8" less than the rear.

Paved Roads - Another Fine Example of Unnecessary Government Waste!
Modes - 3.5" Lift - Steel Jeep Bumper with Winch. Body Armor 4x4 Rear Bumper and Rock Sliders. - Hard Top painted White to repel the HEAT! - Ham\CB Radio - A few dents and Scratches John Bull Mod to Front & Rear Diff Covers. Woods Steering Stabilizer Relocation Bracket. Off-road Front, Rear and Rock Lights, Rear CAM, On Board Air.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode