Jeep Mechanics in the San Diego Area - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 07-24-2015, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Owl
Wheeler

Thumbs up Jeep Mechanics in the San Diego Area

I typically don't post these sorts of threads, but the service(s) provided exceeded my expectations.

I bought (directly from Metal Cloak) a new lift kit for my 2010 4-Door Rubicon. I was planning on doing the install myself, however time has gotten the better of me. And, while it's fairly easy to get down on the floor, maneuvering and getting up off the floor is a royal pain-in-the-ass.

I hadn't had the best experiences with the larger outfits in the San Diego area, but perusing the local craigslist board, I found an outfit that is a small business, and specialized in Jeeps. The Jeep Shack, on Santa Fe street (near I-5 and Garnet). Travis and Rowell are personable, knowledgeable folks who took the time to listen to what I wanted done.

So, beyond the lift kit, I also had them weld on my new VKS Rock Sliders, weld on new Synergy LCA brackets, and install a new Synergy drag-link and tie rod. The Jeep was in their Shop on the day chosen, and was finished on the day promised. Even though I told them that I'd pay for them to fix / repair items they found during the install, they took care of numerous items at no additional charge. There's more to the story, but it would take much too long to add, and the basis for this thread wouldn't change.

So, any of you in the San Diego area, looking for a good outfit, I can recommend The Jeep Shack.

Lastly, I hope I'm not violating a term or condition for JKOwners.com. If I am, I apologize, and the moderators can certainly delete this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-24-2015, 11:13 AM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Good to know, I visit SD from time to time and it would be nice to have another resource available if I needed some help. Good info.

I don't see how mentioning good service would violate any TOS on any forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-26-2015, 10:08 AM
Granite Guru

I think that is the company that was formerly called brtu4ce
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode