Ok... so, are you looking for loud or quiet/romantic? Pricey or moderate? Dinner or just drinks? A little background and we can narrow this down to some great places....
1. Goat Hill Tavern is great... 100s of beers on tap, CROWDED and LOUD on Friday and Saturday nights.
2. The Helm (right next door) is your typical dive bar. Less beer, more booze. Less people, but all of them characters (maybe NOT the type you want to meet on a date)...
3. The Harp is a great, little Irish pub... usually have a good band on Friday and Saturday nights.
4. Yard House is cool. Pretty good food and pretty good beer... pricey in my opinion.
5. Best Mexican food this side of the border is at a little hole-in-the-wall spot called Taco Mesa.
6. There is Club Detroit if yer into "Mexi-Rave-Disco"
7. Newport Fashion Island has all the "Mall Restaurants" to choose from...
Down on PCH, there are a number of little trendy restaurants and bars... go toward Balboa or Newport and you'll hit 20 or 30 hot spots in OC.
Honestly, first date - teacher and you want to make a good impression, keep it simple, go to Yard House. If she looks like the adventurous type, then walk across the street to Goat Hill.
Just my two cents - unsolicited.
Dirty Minion #6
Last edited by dayton1999; 12-08-2009 at 11:21 AM.