Looking to upgrade axles over the summer and have 3.73's or 4.11's? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 12:09 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Looking to upgrade axles over the summer and have 3.73's or 4.11's?

Here's a thought - if anyone is looking to upgrade gears in their stock axles in SoCal area (OC preferably), would you be interested in axle + cash trade? I'd grab your 3.73 or 4.11 axles and give you my 3.23 axles + cash. I'd be able to do it over the summer (July/August time frame). Oh yeah, front 30 rear 44.
Btw, I got the driveway space and tools to do the swap direct jeep to jeep as well.

I've done that with my XJ a while back - I had 4.11's and was upgrading to 4.88's and buddy wanted 4.11's so he picked up re-geared axles from me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 07:08 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Sucks you are so far away. I'm selling my stockers with 4.10's and a rear LSD for $1000. Don't have the means to ship though.

Current vehicles:
2007 Sahara 2-Door
5.38 gears
Trussed, sleeved, gusseted Dana 44 front w/ factory Rubi locker and RCV shafts
Stock rear Rubi Dana 44 with Auburn Ected locker w/ 35 spline chromoly shafts
6 Speed
2.5 Rock Krawler X Factor System w/ Bilstein 5100 shocks
17X9.5 Spyderlock Beadlocks
37X12.50R17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
F&R AEV Bumpers w/ AEV rear tire carrier
JCR Stage 2 rock rails
Warn Zeon 10-S winch

2010 Jeep SRT8 w/ 440 stroker making 550 whp
post #3 of 7 Old 05-08-2014, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsukey View Post
Sucks you are so far away. I'm selling my stockers with 4.10's and a rear LSD for $1000. Don't have the means to ship though.
I'm looking to spend less . In pre baby years I'd be down for that though
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 05-12-2014, 03:06 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kejtar View Post
I'm looking to spend less . In pre baby years I'd be down for that though
How about 550$ and you bring me the F&R axle housings without any oil or shafts in/on them (leave the gears in though), and I supply and install 4.56 or 4.88 new gears... And only add 200 for front sleeves welded in while doing gears.

Just an offer..
post #5 of 7 Old 05-12-2014, 03:32 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

That's a great offer but I'm looking to spend less and not to go deeper then 4.11s

On the flip side if you have someone that has 3.73s or 4.11s that wants to regear maybe we all can work something out?
post #6 of 7 Old 05-12-2014, 03:39 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kejtar View Post
That's a great offer but I'm looking to spend less and not to go deeper then 4.11s

On the flip side if you have someone that has 3.73s or 4.11s that wants to regear maybe we all can work something out?
Just regeared two this past sat. Both had 3.73's. I can ask if they want to give em back to me for the better good of the world lol. One had water in the diff, so I would not ask him. The other said he wanted to keep them incase he ever trades the jeep back in, but I will ask.

I do about 5 JK's a month though. SO I will try to get a set of 3.73's for ya soon.

Just fyi, the odds of finding a 4.11 stock front D30 are as easy as finding a 100$ bill blowing down the street... And aftermarket 4.11 gears are bank. Thats why I brought up 4.56.
post #7 of 7 Old 05-12-2014, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWKHausSupply View Post
Just regeared two this past sat. Both had 3.73's. I can ask if they want to give em back to me for the better good of the world lol. One had water in the diff, so I would not ask him. The other said he wanted to keep them incase he ever trades the jeep back in, but I will ask.

I do about 5 JK's a month though. SO I will try to get a set of 3.73's for ya soon.

Just fyi, the odds of finding a 4.11 stock front D30 are as easy as finding a 100$ bill blowing down the street... And aftermarket 4.11 gears are bank. Thats why I brought up 4.56.
Yeah, I know that 4.11's are scarce.... 4.56 though would be a hair too deep for me. I only went up one size from stock tires and I'm not planning to go bigger for a while - XJ's for that. Anyways, I sent you a PM regarding what I'm after. Hopefully we can work something out

Last edited by kejtar; 05-12-2014 at 07:57 PM. Reason: damn typo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode