redneck in SoCal,,,again - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 10-16-2009, 06:13 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to redneckjk
redneck in SoCal,,,again

heading out your way in a week or so. gonna be there about 2 weeks. any install parties where a wrencher might earn a test ride?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 10-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Openly Hostile

We are going to be installing control arms on Dayton's jeep at my house next sunday. You are welcome to come by if you are close to Aliso Viejo.

Jason
post #3 of 22 Old 10-16-2009, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

great except next Sunday is the 25th and i won't arrive until the 26th at the earliest. currently freezing my arse off in New Jersey, making a transition to western PA. Monday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 Old 10-16-2009, 11:30 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckjk View Post
heading out your way in a week or so. gonna be there about 2 weeks. any install parties where a wrencher might earn a test ride?
If you can help me install my lift kit you will most def earn a test ride in my ride. any time you're available, it will most likely be one of the 3.5 inch lifts from RE or TF - Let me know
post #5 of 22 Old 10-17-2009, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

doing a machine install in Orange. usually stay in Fullerton. what is the average travel time to you from there?
post #6 of 22 Old 10-17-2009, 01:36 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
doing a machine install in Orange. usually stay in Fullerton. what is the average travel time to you from there?
fullerton to my place 30 minutes. orange to my place 15 minutes
post #7 of 22 Old 10-17-2009, 05:27 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

that should work out fine. now if my schedule holds.
post #8 of 22 Old 10-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Granite Guru

To give you ample warning I have no idea how to wrench. I know nothing about how to install lifts. The last lift I did was a budget boost which I needed help for and even with good help it still took 6 hrs. Send me a pm on how much you are going to charge to help out as I need to factor that in my budget. Thanks again -
post #9 of 22 Old 10-18-2009, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

yo bubba there ain't no charge. don't need a pm to say so. couple of burgers and a few cold beers. if the guys you ride with have been charging you for help, you need some different friends dude.
post #10 of 22 Old 10-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
yo bubba there ain't no charge. don't need a pm to say so. couple of burgers and a few cold beers. if the guys you ride with have been charging you for help, you need some different friends dude.
sweeeeeet... you got any recommendations on lifts you've installed that you can recommend? i like the re 3.5 inch and the rock krawler 3.5 inch
post #11 of 22 Old 10-19-2009, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

nope, the only ones i have done are the tera flex 2.5. one puck and one coil. what you should do is pm 4x4loyr and ask him about some help. it is a bit of a drive for you, but those san diego MFs are good at self wrenching and helping a brother out. they got the tools and shop and knowledge. i will be glad to help anyway i can, but since i don't live out there and i don't carry the right kind of tools all i add to the party is muscle. i will only be in California for about 10 days with 1 weekend in the middle of the trip so the window is slim.
post #12 of 22 Old 10-19-2009, 05:37 PM
Granite Guru

thanks sent him a pm
post #13 of 22 Old 10-22-2009, 02:01 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleoh7 View Post
thanks sent him a pm
Yeah, no problem. Mitch is a great guy, just having him around is cool enough; and he is more than willing to get under a Jeep and turn a wrench.

Not sure I have too many recomendations about what lift to get -- that is up to you: how high? how much to spend? brand loyalty? long arm? short arm? etc...

I'm sure a few of us here in the North San Diego area (Escondido) could help install the lift. Cost: beer, mojitos, pizza or BBQ.

I have a garage and tools, as well as Jumpnt (Rob) (he has more tools than I do). Mitch has been to both of our houses.

I haven't checked with Rob (Jumpnt) yet, but the weekend that Mitch is out here looks to be Halloween (Saturday). If we started early, it might be fine, but I've got treat-or-tricker kids who have to be up in Fallbrook in the late afternoon. There is Sunday?

Ty...

Your Southern California wheelin' Attorney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #14 of 22 Old 10-23-2009, 04:02 PM
Granite Guru

due to a lack of better judgment i am holding off for now on a lift.
post #15 of 22 Old 10-24-2009, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

customer has postponed the install. looks like i won't be coming your way until the 2nd of nov. at the earliest. what you have to decide is how much money you have to spend, how hard you are gonna wheel it when you get it, and what tires you are gonna put under the jeep. mine is my DD and in all reality i am not going to wheel it really hard and because of my job can't wheel as often as i would like. if i am lucky i can plan about 1 trip a month on average. i went with the tera flex 2.5 puck lift because i found a used one that also included the shocks and the sway bar discos for the price of the basic lift. i do plan to go with the coil springs soon. either of the 2.5 lifts will allow you to use 35" tires and unless you are doing it mostly for looks 35" tires are plenty. i went with 33" toyos because i am a tight ass with my money and they were 100 bucks a tire cheaper.
post #16 of 22 Old 10-28-2009, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

looks like the yankee is doing the install in Orange while i go to Orlando. i am being held in reserve in case he needs help. the Florida customer will not let anyone else do his setup so we are gonna see if the yankee can fly solo. i hate it. was really looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting some new ones. maybe i still can later.
post #17 of 22 Old 11-06-2009, 07:19 AM
Granite Guru

sorry to hijack, hey doubleoh7, Im in Capistrano Beach. if you need help with anything on your jeep, I have just about any tool you need (air tools, welder, drill press, chop saws, etc....) bring it by and we'll go to work, you buy material and beer. that goes for anyone here. pm me.

redneckJK, next time you're down, pm me. come down and give me an excuse to fab some junk on my heep.

2-door, locked, 5.13's, 37's.
post #18 of 22 Old 11-07-2009, 10:14 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

will do brother, thanks for the invite.
post #19 of 22 Old 11-09-2009, 08:34 AM
Wheeler

Quote:
will do brother, thanks for the invite.
Sorry to hear you aren't making it down Mitch! I'm still thinking you need to move your A$$ west!

The mods are ALWAYS changing!
post #20 of 22 Old 11-10-2009, 05:32 PM
Granite Guru

Redneck next time your in so cal let me know. I am always up to a trip to big bear or Calico. My jeep just sits in the garage during the week waiting to go.
post #21 of 22 Old 11-10-2009, 06:22 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08redJKnCA View Post
Sorry to hear you aren't making it down Mitch! I'm still thinking you need to move your A$$ west!
hey dude, what are you doing over here on the wild side? good to see you! i don't know about moving, but i definitely need to win the lottery so i can buy a vacation home out there.
post #22 of 22 Old 11-11-2009, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepdork View Post
Redneck next time your in so cal let me know. I am always up to a trip to big bear or Calico. My jeep just sits in the garage during the week waiting to go.
mine sits at the airport monday through friday waiting for me. she told me last week to get off my a$$ and get her rock sliders installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode