Me and family heading to lucerne valley next weekend - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-20-2009, 01:18 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Me and family heading to lucerne valley next weekend

Anyone interested in joining me and the family out at Lucerne valley next weekend the 28th thru 30th..

Hoping to leave outa OC about 5pm fri. With labor day being the following weekend, I am thinking traffic might be a bit less then typ friday. we will see though. Worst case we are leaving sat early morning. All just depending on who where when etc..

if you havent been to Lucerne its pretty hot there these days during the day, and cools down nicely at night. We are going to Cougar buttes. Its got some very nice wheeling and was host to we rock and arca events in its day. There are no "Trails" that I can recall, just a whole LOT of open areas where any Jeep can push its ability or be very calm and still enjoy the terrain.

We are going, mainly due to my lil boy finally being old enough to join me in my buggy. He is about 22 months old and now has his car seat fabed in the back seat area. He likes to "sit daddy" in the jeep/buggy everyday and finally has gotten over how loud (and scary I bet to him) it is and I can take him down the street and back in it.

In any case we will be in a 30ft trailer and a family of 4.

If youíre interested in some good wheeling and just low key hanging out, family style, youíre welcome to join us and would be nice to have others there...

Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-24-2009, 08:31 AM
JKO Addict!

Hello Robert-

I have a run on Sat just east of you at the Hammers, and Rattlesnake cyn. You are welcome to join if you want.

I live in LV--- if I get a chance on Sunday I may come over and say Hi. Maybe run a trail.

There ARE some new trails there at Cougar Buttes- made in the last year or so that are pretty cool! Some of the same stuff we have been riding on since I was a kid out here. Research the trails called "Bullfrog" and "Cakewalk" and "Hammer Down" those are the 3 main ones --- and there are others too.

HUNDY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
post #3 of 5 Old 08-24-2009, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the invite. I would, but with there beign family and my lil guy in the jeep for the first time, I have to plan the "scare" factor in to the equation. I love the hammers and thats about my fav place in fact. Only not for a 21 month old that has never even been on the dirt in my jeep. Nor my wife for that matter. lol

As for those trails you mentioned. I hear of bullfrog alot when we are out at the hammers and theres a more "calm" trail needed. Only never been. I did read though that where I am going is almost at the start (or finish) of it.

I am mainly just going out to enjoy the outdoors and to break in my boy and wife gently to my passion. Wife used to go alot but that was when I was only in a TJ on 37's. Now with having a buggy on 40's and no body and only cage, well its a different creature thats for sure..

We have decided on leaving sat mornign about 6am and getting there about 8:30 and setting up camp. leaving sun around noon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-24-2009, 10:19 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep_fab_&_Gears View Post
Thanks for the invite. I would, but with there beign family and my lil guy in the jeep for the first time, I have to plan the "scare" factor in to the equation. I love the hammers and thats about my fav place in fact. Only not for a 21 month old that has never even been on the dirt in my jeep. Nor my wife for that matter. lol

As for those trails you mentioned. I hear of bullfrog alot when we are out at the hammers and theres a more "calm" trail needed. Only never been. I did read though that where I am going is almost at the start (or finish) of it.

I am mainly just going out to enjoy the outdoors and to break in my boy and wife gently to my passion. Wife used to go alot but that was when I was only in a TJ on 37's. Now with having a buggy on 40's and no body and only cage, well its a different creature thats for sure..

We have decided on leaving sat mornign about 6am and getting there about 8:30 and setting up camp. leaving sun around noon.

I think coming out early Sat is a good decision. I was assuming you would be in a JK. Didnt read close enough!

Maybe we'll see ya out there!

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
post #5 of 5 Old 08-24-2009, 12:21 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Well looks liek we are putting this off till labor day weekend (the following). And I should be making the summerfest after party at yorba linda park on sat...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode