JKOwners Forum banner

Sun. Aug 9 --> Stone Brewery Lunch & Beers (after San Marcos Hills Wheelin')

6K views 78 replies 15 participants last post by  Chris Hansen 
#1 · (Edited)

What:
Lunch & :beer: :beer: (and some Earthworms) @ Stone Brewery [1999 Citracado Parkway, Escondido - (760) 471-4999]

When:
Sunday, Aug. 9th @ 1:00 pm

Stone Participants:
1. 4x4LOYR (Ty & Lisa + 2 boys)
2. Chris Hansen (Brian + Kori (the lovely wife??))
3. SDMF (Jason + Helen & Zakk)
4. 08jk4door (Harry)
5. Gunny
6. so_calif_rubi maybe
7. Jmacaws strong maybe
8. Jumpnt & Wiebejammin' maybe

San Marcos Hills Trial (before Stone):
1. 08jk4door (Harry)
2. OlegRock (Oleg + Kate)
3. Allan ???
4. 4x4LOYR (Ty) maybe
5. Gunny
6. so_calif_rubi maybe
7. Jmacaws strong maybe

Trail Meeting Time:
8:00 AM

Trail Meeting Location:
Pizza Nova San Marcos
141 N Twin Oaks Valley Rd
San Marcos, CA 92069

From the Stone Brewery Calendar:
Sunday, August 9 @ 2:00pm
Bring Your Kids to the Earthworm Wiggle in Our Gardens
When: Sun, August 9, 2pm – 4pm
Where: Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens (map)
Description: Local author and musician Alicia Previn will be presenting her new book for children, "The Earthworm Book," in our gardens. Learn about the many benefits of our wiggly little friends through a reading of the book, music, and hands-on demonstrations. Get your own signed copy while you are here!

Learn more at her website:
The Earthworm Book

See less See more
#9 ·
iam a maybe where is San Marcos Hills Trial at?and i hope we are doing the run first:)

#13 ·
I dont know either, always open for a new trail
It is a large tract of hilly terrain in the northern portion of San Marcos and west of the Lawrence Welk trails area . . . the two areas actually link up. Therein lay numerous connecting roads, trails, and off-shoots (many of which are rutted out) where one can spend hours choosing multiple difficulty levels to explore.

#17 ·
Ya know, those that want to stay longer on the trails can certainly do so . . . I just want to be at Stone Brewery around 1:00 to get a table before the Earthworm presentation that my boys are going to attend at 2:00 pm.

It is likely that I will be hanging out at Stone for several hours (as in, all afternoon).

#21 ·
#23 ·
Easy Enough for a Stock X

I would like to join up with you, but don't what to ruin everyone's fun. Are these trails easy enough for a stock Rubi and stock X (both 4-door)? I have a friend in town from Texas and what to take him on some trails. I was going to borrow an X so we could have two Jeeps for the day.

#26 ·
I would like to join up with you, but don't what to ruin everyone's fun. Are these trails easy enough for a stock Rubi and stock X (both 4-door)? I have a friend in town from Texas and what to take him on some trails. I was going to borrow an X so we could have two Jeeps for the day.
The trails range from semi-graded dirt roads to rock piles . . . it is easy enough to pick and decide where you want to go. HOWEVER, there is a rutted area (sort of where a run-off creek cut across the road) that has to be crossed. If you don't mind dragging the underside too much, everything should be fine.

I just picked up a 2 door X last weekend. It only has the 29" tires. Everything is stock right now and I know nothing about off roading, I've only driven sports cars. Would it be cool for me to come along or would I be taking too much risk and cause everyone headaches?
See above.

With a lot of newer folk signing on....maybe we need to schedule a sort of "newbie" run to get them all out there.
Good idea. Why don't you get on that and set it up?

#24 ·
I just picked up a 2 door X last weekend. It only has the 29" tires. Everything is stock right now and I know nothing about off roading, I've only driven sports cars. Would it be cool for me to come along or would I be taking too much risk and cause everyone headaches?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.