Sat the 25th - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 07-16-2009, 07:41 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to srbaker2 Send a message via MSN to srbaker2 Send a message via Yahoo to srbaker2
Sat the 25th

Anyone up for a trail on the 25th? I was hoping to run pimyon Mtn but couldn' get any intrest. Anyone have another trail they want to run? I dont have armor or lockers and only have 33s so it can't be in to many rocks. Cleghorn maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 07-16-2009, 08:00 PM
Rock God

I'll be in Big Bear . . . gonna do Gold Mountain and then Dishpan Springs so that we end at Deep Creek swimming hole . . . my boys have been begging to go back so they can go down the natural slide and jump off the rocks. 8:00 am at the Discovery Center.
post #3 of 21 Old 07-16-2009, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Send a message via AIM to srbaker2 Send a message via MSN to srbaker2 Send a message via Yahoo to srbaker2

what do you think of running those trails with out lockers or rock rails?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 07-17-2009, 09:03 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbaker2 View Post
what do you think of running those trails with out lockers or rock rails?
No need for lockers. Rock rails are nice (almost necessary if you are a stock 4-door). If you have a lifted 2-door, then rails are not needed.

What is your set-up?
post #5 of 21 Old 07-17-2009, 05:10 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

right now just 33s 4 door rubicon shocks and springs and a 2.5" bb and quick disconnects.
post #6 of 21 Old 07-19-2009, 04:57 AM

If You are going down Dishpan you are ok when you get to the springs go out the back way to Arrowhead.
I wouldnt recommend going back up Dishpan at the waterfall had some good friends roll his Jeep there 4th of july and he was locked up and armored.
If you have never been you will see why.
post #7 of 21 Old 07-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Granite Guru

Gold Mountain was the first trail I took my Rubicon Unlimited on and it was a blast. I needed someone to spot me in some places [newbie] but my stock vehicle made it through unscathed. Take the route through the rock garden. It's pretty exciting in a long wheel base through the switchbacks. A lift is a ways away for me so the info provided on Dishpan is appreciated.

Last edited by MakeItLookEasy; 07-19-2009 at 05:06 PM.
post #8 of 21 Old 07-19-2009, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

So today I went and pick up some 4 door rockers cut them down and now have them on my 2 door so Im a little bit better protected also picked up a spare front drive shaft and a reciever hitch thank you JKCurt.

post #9 of 21 Old 07-20-2009, 10:50 AM
Granite Guru

I'm interested in joining in on your run to Deep Creek Swimming hole. I'd bring along 10,12 and 14 year old. Need to check the family schedule though. Are you meeting at the Discovery Center off the 5 fwy?
post #10 of 21 Old 07-20-2009, 12:21 PM
Wheeler

Glad to see you got everything put on. It looks like I will be there Saturday unless something changes. Nice meeting you. You owe me a
post #11 of 21 Old 07-20-2009, 12:59 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal JK View Post
I'm interested in joining in on your run to Deep Creek Swimming hole. I'd bring along 10,12 and 14 year old. Need to check the family schedule though. Are you meeting at the Discovery Center off the 5 fwy?
I'll be leading a group of about 9 Jeeps. We are meeting at the DISCOVERY CENTER in BIG BEAR.

Big Bear Discovery Center
40971 North Shore Dr. (Hwy 38)
P.O. Box 66
Fawnskin, California 92338
(909)866-3437

We are meeting at 8:00 AM . . . I want to be at the Deep Creek swimming hole just after lunch time, if possible.

4-year old jumping in:

7-year old sliding:

post #12 of 21 Old 07-20-2009, 01:06 PM
Openly Hostile

Quote:
Originally Posted by newimage View Post
If You are going down Dishpan you are ok when you get to the springs go out the back way to Arrowhead.
I wouldnt recommend going back up Dishpan at the waterfall had some good friends roll his Jeep there 4th of july and he was locked up and armored.
How the hell did he roll there?

Rollbar13 went with us in June up dishpan in an X with 33's and a teraflex budget boost. He's also done john bull with me .

Jason
post #13 of 21 Old 07-20-2009, 01:15 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by newimage View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDMF View Post
How the hell did he roll there?

Rollbar13 went with us in June up dishpan in an X with 33's and a teraflex budget boost. He's also done john bull with me .
I was thinking the same thing . . . I've had near stock JKs go UP Dishpan Springs with no real problems . . . plus, at the waterfall, there's a by-pass.

Anyhow, we'll be going DOWN on this run . . . shouldn't be any real problems.

p.s. I did Dishpan Springs on July 4th . . . the photos of my boys in the water are from the 4th of July trip . . . we must have come down the trail before you . . . or your friend cleaned up his roll-over pretty fast . . . we were only a groupd of 2, and moving through J.B. and D.S. pretty quick.
post #14 of 21 Old 07-20-2009, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCurt View Post
Glad to see you got everything put on. It looks like I will be there Saturday unless something changes. Nice meeting you. You owe me a
Let me know what you want to drink. The sliders took about 15 minutes to cut and install and the trailer hitch even quicker. Thanks for the killer deal on everything.
post #15 of 21 Old 07-24-2009, 06:32 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Every one still planning on meeting at 8am at the discovery center tomorrow?
post #16 of 21 Old 07-24-2009, 11:11 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by srbaker2 View Post
Every one still planning on meeting at 8am at the discovery center tomorrow?
yes and well be leaving there by 8:15-8:20 am

Just Want To Wheel
post #17 of 21 Old 07-26-2009, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Had a great time yesterday. here are the few pictures I took.

post #18 of 21 Old 07-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Rock God

Nice photos, Steve. It was cool having you along on the trails with us. More runs will be posted up over here in the future.

To those who didn't go on this run: In one of those photos, there is a full-sized Dodge truck --> we were going to try and get that full-sized truck down the Dishpan Springs waterfall. But, due to a HUGE traffic jam (caused by a Range Rover), we turned back around before attempting the waterfall and headed to the Deep Creek swimming hole via paved roads.

We stayed just ahead of the hail and downpour, and we eventually made it to the swimming hole . . . all-n-all, a good day.

Your Southern California wheelin' Attorney

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 21 Old 07-29-2009, 05:28 PM

Not sure if this is any of you guys here. Saw the JK badge on the first Jeep and thought you might want to see this. Part 3 of some footage I shot at Big Bear this past Saturday. Video is 720P so click HD is you have the bandwidth.

YouTube - 3N34 Deep Creek PART 3 of 3
post #20 of 21 Old 07-30-2009, 11:13 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 909wheeler View Post
Not sure if this is any of you guys here. Saw the JK badge on the first Jeep and thought you might want to see this. Part 3 of some footage I shot at Big Bear this past Saturday. Video is 720P so click HD is you have the bandwidth.
Yup, that was us. Well, the red JK (Allan) and the 4-door (Harry) were the only two who actaully went down the "waterfall," as the rest of us decided to turn back due to the traffic that was building up. We were back up above the waterfall.

And, that is me (Ty) in the white tank-top, flip-flops, and red ballcap running in front of the 4-door after he scraped his rear passenger door hingle on that big rock.

Nice video.

Your Southern California wheelin' Attorney

post #21 of 21 Old 07-30-2009, 11:14 PM
Granite Guru

that is nice i love it when i hit my door on the rock

Just Want To Wheel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode