My Trail Runs! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 01-10-2012, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

My Trail Runs!

Recently I started a thread about the build up of my rig because it's so young. Along the same lines I figured I'd start a thread about the trails I've run. It will be easy to get going since I just started wheeling the JK. I plan on putting up a couple pictures of each trip with the date and a link to the album to share the rest of the pics.

I've added map links for the trails! I can't be held responsible for people getting lost, the maps are strictly informational. :thumbsup: They should come in handy though!

2011-11-25
1st Trip with the JK!
Camping at Lark Canyon wheeling Elliot's Mine & Hiking the Mud Caves
Easy trail with cool views. Did a little shooting, did a little hiking, good times! I'll definitely be going to the mud caves again, it was fun, dog had a blast too!

*Elliots Mine Trail
Here's a link to the Map of the path we took, drove to the end had lunch and drove back out...
http://g.co/maps/xu7cd

*Anza Borrego Mud Caves
Here's a link to the map of where we went (I'm pretty sure anyway :rotflmao2 I believe you can see cars in the parking area where we parked and hiked in the big cave.
http://g.co/maps/958sc

Album Link
http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/...giving%202011/

2011-12-10
Day trip to Pancake Rock
Used the lockers a few times, drug the rockers a few times, bottomed out a few times, over all it was an awesome trip! Took about an hour and a half to get to the top, same time coming down. Great view!

*Pancake Rock map of the trail...
http://g.co/maps/9rqtf

Photo album Link
http://s1238.photobucket.com/albums/...%2012-10-2011/

Video of me Going up Pancake Rock...
video-2011-12-10-15-12-59.mp4 - YouTube

My buddy going up Pancake Rock...
Pancake Rock - YouTube

2011 Green JK Rubicon Unlimited Purchased 10/18/2011
Previous Jeeps include a 99 TJ Rock Crawler, 74 CJ-5, 06 TJ Rubicon, and a 2001 TJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 01-10-2012, 10:28 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

reserved

2011-12-16
Night trip to Mt. Laguna to play in the snow.
I mounted my video camera to the roll cage for this trip, it worked out pretty well.

I saw reports on the news about snow up on the mountains, called my buddy in his TJ Rubicon, hopped in the JK and headed East! Had a good time, roads were very slippery. First road we turned off to was a very short dead end, we actually saw a tree that had fallen on a pickup. After driving back down main road for a bit, we turned left on a road just after the general store. It appeared to not have been plowed in a while so we drove down it a ways and stopped to introduce my dog to the snow for the first time. Here's a couple pictures and videos.

*Map to Laguna Mountain..
http://g.co/maps/zj86d

Sliding when stopping to engage 4wd
Laguna Mountain Sliding into snow bank.wmv - YouTube

Here's the video of a tree down on the back of a pickup
Snow Laguna Mountain Tree Down On Pickup.wmv - YouTube

Here's my Pup seeing snow for the first time. (long video, sorry the wasted time in the beginning)
Dog in the snow for the first time - YouTube

Here's us turning around and driving back to the main road (long video of us driving in the snow)
Driving out of the Snow Video.wmv - YouTube

Previous Jeeps include a 99 TJ Rock Crawler, 74 CJ-5, 06 TJ Rubicon, and a 2001 TJ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by lunneborgc; 01-10-2012 at 10:49 PM.
post #3 of 15 Old 01-10-2012, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

reserved 2

2011-12-24
Crown King Trail in Az
Read about this trail in one of the off road magazines and wanted to run it while I was in Phoenix for Christmas. There's some more difficult side trails from the main trail and it took a lot longer than I expected but we had an awesome day! There was only one difficult side trail I had to pass on because we were running alone with not much to winch too. I'll post a pic of the one that got away. We ran into a good amount of snow at the top of the trail before coming into the town of Crown King. We went to the general store, the saloon, and the prospector store. Awesome little town, met some cool people up there too!

*Map with way points for the trail
http://g.co/maps/myyky

Video's..
My brother in law's first time driving a Jeep off road. He was pretty impressed all day at the capabilities of a basically stock JK
2011 12 24 11 44 Jeff First Time Driving Off Road - YouTube

Here's one of the side trails, nice little ledge.. here's the pic followed by the video

2011-12-24 Crown King Trail Rock Ledge.wmv - YouTube

Here's the snow we ran into coming into the town of Crown King on top of the mountain...
2011-12-24 Found Snow Crown King Trail.wmv - YouTube

Pictures of the trip!
Optional obstacle

View back to lake Pleasant

First time in my JK's life it needed assistance :rotflmao2: I had to stack a couple rocks to help with the break over angle to get over this obstacle.

You can see the rocks stacked here, still drug over but worked out fine

The one that got away, hard to see in the pic, but up at the top of this is a pretty good ledge with a drop on the other side. Without another rig with me it would have been foolish to try. I'll get it next time!

Letting the dog play in one of the creeks

Parked at the mine shaft

Last edited by lunneborgc; 01-10-2012 at 10:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 01-10-2012, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

reserved 3

Crown King Continued...
Tough Hike to the top, even the dog had a tough time!

My Jeep's way down there...

Some cool shots near the top of the mountain just before finding the snow

Favorite pic of my Jeep to date!

Snow headed into town

Parked at the General Store and Saloon

Wood Stove getting stoked up!

The Prospector Mall

Who doesn't love beer from a mason jar? Sorry it's blurry

My Carnage, can't believe that didn't fall all the way off before getting home!

Last edited by lunneborgc; 01-10-2012 at 11:00 PM.
post #5 of 15 Old 01-10-2012, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

reserved 4

Pancake Rock 2012-01-02

Had a great time, ran with some folks who hadn't been on it, my wife included. She did most of the driving. I'm still working on getting all the video we did, but I've already put together my highlight videos, here they are!

Pancake Rock Highlights Part 1 2011-01-02 - YouTube

Pancake Rock Highlights Part 2 2011-01-02 - YouTube

Espinosa Trail 2012-01-15
(Long Loop at Corral Canyon OHV Area)
I don't hardly have any pictures of my Jeep on this trail run, but it was the shake down run for the new Rock Krawler lift, and Lifetime Tent Trailer.

Last edited by lunneborgc; 01-19-2012 at 07:25 PM.
post #6 of 15 Old 01-10-2012, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

reserved 5

reserved 5

post #7 of 15 Old 01-10-2012, 11:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

reserved 6

reserved 6

post #8 of 15 Old 01-10-2012, 11:02 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

reserved 7

reserved 7

post #9 of 15 Old 01-10-2012, 11:10 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Is there a way to get privilege to have more than 15 image links in a post? I'd like to be able to have a running thread that I can just add the most recent to the top of and bump the rest down.

post #10 of 15 Old 01-11-2012, 12:31 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Damm, you got out for lots of run! Great pics and videos

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #11 of 15 Old 01-11-2012, 01:41 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
Damm, you got out for lots of run! Great pics and videos
Thanks bud! I try to do what I can. My wife and I plan on running the Rubicon this summer, I have a lot of work to do on the JK!

post #12 of 15 Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Wheeler

awesome pics and videos. Makes me itch that much more for a lift and new tires...

2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
post #13 of 15 Old 01-19-2012, 06:42 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardo View Post
awesome pics and videos. Makes me itch that much more for a lift and new tires...
You don't need a lift and tires to get out and do runs! I just put my lift on last week!

post #14 of 15 Old 01-19-2012, 10:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Amazing pics and vids. I can't lie, I'm a bit jealous of all the great terrain you've gotten to drive thus far! Looking forward to more pics and vids from you!

Greg
post #15 of 15 Old 01-19-2012, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by glomb23 View Post
Amazing pics and vids. I can't lie, I'm a bit jealous of all the great terrain you've gotten to drive thus far! Looking forward to more pics and vids from you!
Thanks! The plan is to try and keep this going as sort of a diary for my Jeep trips. I'm looking forward to doing some pretty difficult trails in the near future. Wheels and tires are already ordered, gotta pay a couple bills then probably the River Raider Skid System next with the evap skid. I'll feel more confident tackling the harder things once I'm skidded. It's amazing the peace of mind that comes with skids, I remember the feeling after getting them on my TJ Rubicon. I've already made my share of marks underneath the rig as it is. I've heard you can really beat up the factory gas tank skid, but I want to be confident when I hear the metal on rock sound on other places!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode