CO: Eagle Rock 7/23/11 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 07-25-2011, 07:19 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

CO: Eagle Rock 7/23/11

So Rob50lx and I were the only ones willing/available to do Eagle Rock on Saturday:

For those who donít know the trail, its pretty easy and there are turn offs at any relatively hard sections. It has a pretty good tree canopy so its not too hot and for the ďmost partĒ the weather cooperated with us.

Rob:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 07-25-2011, 07:20 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Me:

At the end of Eagle Rock, we decided to go up to Mount Baldy (or least thatís what I think it is). The view up here was amazing:

post #3 of 13 Old 07-25-2011, 07:21 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

There is a reservoir up here. Its not one of the main ones feeding the Springs but it was still a little scary seeing it like this:

On the way back down, we ran into a heard of cattle. Some rancher must be really dedicated to get the cattle up to where they were grazing:

Lastly, we went on a little bypass to do a little flexing:

Where we ran into this guy who broke something in his front axle. I was going to say something smart like “that’s what you get for wheeling an Excursion” but he was too nice and just kept apologizing that he was in our way:

It rained a bit leaving Rob a little wet since he didn’t bring a top and it was getting late so we opted to not back around and do Saran Wrap. Hopefully we can do Saran Wrap a few more Jeepers...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 07-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Granite Guru

Love that area, but where is that reservoir? That isnt Rosemont is it? At least the big tires on that Ford Valdez leave the pavement once in a while.

- Ron
'07 Rubi 4dr, rolling on beadlock 37's, Currie 60's 1-tons, and lots of Poison Spyder stuff
post #5 of 13 Old 07-25-2011, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palermus View Post
Love that area, but where is that reservoir? That isnt Rosemont is it? At least the big tires on that Ford Valdez leave the pavement once in a while.
I am not very familiar with the area so I dont know what its called but at the end of Eagle Rock, you come to a fork. We went left and drove for several minutes at which point there is another narrow road heading up on the right hand side. That road lasts for a few minutes and then ends at the entrance to that reservoir. Maybe Rob knows what its called.
post #6 of 13 Old 07-25-2011, 11:55 AM
Granite Guru

Yeah, that's Mt. Baldy all right. I'm fairly certain that it's called Rosemont Reservoir.
Sorry, back to my North Carolina section.

2007 Sahara 2dr, 3.5" RK X Factor Plus Long Arm, Dana 44 Rubicon front axle w/locker, Dana 44 Rear, Poison Spyder BFH w/stinger, Poison Spyder fenders F&R, Poison Spyder Rocker Knocker, 37" Pitbull Rockers Bias Ply, 17x9 Spyderlocks, 1350 Drive shafts, Hard Rock 4x4 Rear bumper w/tire carrier & gas can mounts, Poly Pro front axle tube, Poison Spyder evap skid. Upcoming: RR Snorkel, Skid plates
post #7 of 13 Old 07-25-2011, 06:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Lookin good Alasha...

Current project jeep 08' wrangler 2dr
Past jeep:
- 07' Rubicon 4 dr, RAMICON- 3.5" ROCK KRAWLER Coil-Over lift
- 5.38 gears- Gusseted/Trussed/inner sleeved
- 40" Pro Comp X-Terrain

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 13 Old 07-26-2011, 07:58 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltstain View Post
Yeah, that's Mt. Baldy all right. I'm fairly certain that it's called Rosemont Reservoir.
Sorry, back to my North Carolina section.
Not Rosemont if after Eagle Rock. Rosemont is at the Gold Camp bypass where the Excruciation was broken. Go back to NC!

- Ron
'07 Rubi 4dr, rolling on beadlock 37's, Currie 60's 1-tons, and lots of Poison Spyder stuff
post #9 of 13 Old 07-26-2011, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Not Rosemont if after Eagle Rock. Rosemont is at the Gold Camp bypass where the Excruciation was broken. Go back to NC!
I believe the one by the bypass is Penrose Reservoir
post #10 of 13 Old 07-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:

Whatever... Screw you CO guys, you got all the good wheeling.

2007 Sahara 2dr, 3.5" RK X Factor Plus Long Arm, Dana 44 Rubicon front axle w/locker, Dana 44 Rear, Poison Spyder BFH w/stinger, Poison Spyder fenders F&R, Poison Spyder Rocker Knocker, 37" Pitbull Rockers Bias Ply, 17x9 Spyderlocks, 1350 Drive shafts, Hard Rock 4x4 Rear bumper w/tire carrier & gas can mounts, Poly Pro front axle tube, Poison Spyder evap skid. Upcoming: RR Snorkel, Skid plates
post #11 of 13 Old 07-28-2011, 08:02 PM
Granite Guru

These trails look like a lot of fun.

Clayton 4.5" suspension, 37" KM2 tires, Mojave wheels, Tom Woods front and rear drive shafts
Clayton/AEV high steering kit, Teraflex SS, Poly inner axle sleeve/C-gussets/lower control arm skids, River Raider Breather Hose Extension Kit
post #12 of 13 Old 07-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Granite Guru

They were fun. I had to take 2 bypasses since I am basically stock. I did a lot of dragging and can't wait until I wear out my stock tires. I will probably take my wife on this trail so she can get some practice.

Rob

2009 Sunburst Orange Rubicon, 2dr, 6spd.
PSC BFH front bumper, Rock Hard 4x4 rear bumper, Bushwacker Flares
PSC Rocker Knockers ,PSC Evap Skid Plate
post #13 of 13 Old 08-01-2011, 06:43 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob50lx View Post
They were fun. I had to take 2 bypasses since I am basically stock. I did a lot of dragging and can't wait until I wear out my stock tires. I will probably take my wife on this trail so she can get some practice.

Rob
I think you should blame it on the spotter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode