Windrock, TN 5-19-11 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 06-19-2011, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Windrock, TN 5-19-11

Took a nice trip down to Windrock with my local club. Sorry it took so long to post the pics, but better late than never. It was a really good time and my 1st "real" wheeling trip. My stock Rubicon really performed well.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1072792...eat=directlink

2008 2dr. Rubicon Red Rock Crystal Peral
AEM Brute Force CAI: LOTS of PSC stuff: 37" KM2's: 17" Spyderlock's: Currie Anti-Rock: Warn 9.5Ti: Dynatrac PR 44 front housing w/ARB : RCV's : Yukon 5.13's: Viair Onboard Air: custom lift w/ front coilovers: 3.5" front stretch: hydro assist

Last edited by MVHVAC; 06-20-2011 at 04:18 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-19-2011, 08:55 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Well, for your first real wheeling trip you picked a nice not so easy trail! You earned lots of Jeep points for that! Great pics of some nice rigs. You should post some imbedded pics in this link, that way you'll get a lot more replys. Lots of guys don't like to click thru to image links.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-25-2011, 06:03 PM
Wheeler

What trails did you run? they look pretty awesome.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 06-26-2011, 01:33 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Trail 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 19, 38 (Little School Bus), 39 (Caddilac Hill), 40 (Rail Trail)
we looked at #47 (Rattle Rock) and said "No way". There was no way I woulda made it and the others would have been on just that one trail all day long. Those are all of I can remember right now, I'm sure there were more. Most every trail we ran was difficult to most difficult. But when the rest of the group has bigger rigs, thats the chance you take. Nobody wants to wheel the "easy" trails when they have tons of time and money invested to run the hardest trails. So I just brought up the rear and followed when I could. Only had to back down 2 times and the obstacles were just way to big for no lift and 33's.

39 was a lot of fun and we ran it down hill. I thought it should have been marked "most difficult" instead of just "difficult". We had some trouble finding some of the trails due to poor markings in our opinion. But it was only the groups 2nd time to the park and my 1st trip, so that had some to do with it I'm sure. We just need to go more often and get use to the park and how to navigate around.

Great place tho, I would highly recommend making it there, and go more than only one time. it's a huge park and there are a lot of good trails that I'm sure we never came across.

AEM Brute Force CAI: LOTS of PSC stuff: 37" KM2's: 17" Spyderlock's: Currie Anti-Rock: Warn 9.5Ti: Dynatrac PR 44 front housing w/ARB : RCV's : Yukon 5.13's: Viair Onboard Air: custom lift w/ front coilovers: 3.5" front stretch: hydro assist
post #5 of 8 Old 06-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Wheeler

yeah of those I have run 15, 13, and part of 39. There are a lot of good trails and I need to run many of the ones ya'll ran when you were here glad ya'll had a good time. Let me know next time you're down!
post #6 of 8 Old 07-01-2011, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Deffinately would like to come back next year. I will let you know if and when another trip is planned.

post #7 of 8 Old 08-05-2011, 10:11 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to redneckjk

Windrock/Coal Creek is a great place to wheel.
post #8 of 8 Old 08-05-2011, 10:28 AM
Rock God

I'm moving to West Knoxville in a couple weeks. Was out there house hunting not long ago and I made sure I took the rental car (charger with the 3.6 btw) to go check out Windrock. I was able to check out the camping areas but couldn't see a damn trail through all those trees. I was hoping to at least see or walk a couple trails but I guess that's one thing I'm going to have to get used to back east, visibility of about 100 feet. Can't wait to get my Jeep there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode