Calico AFD "Rapture Run" - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 Old 05-22-2011, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Calico AFD "Rapture Run"

CALICO AFD "rapture run"

Infectious Off-road went out for a wonderful day at Calico to play in the rocks. Had 3 buggies, 6 JKs, a toy, and 2 full-size chevy monsters. Lots of damage and a big flop, but everyone got home safe and sound under their own power. Folks were getting raptured by winch lines all day.

YouTube - ‪2011 Calico AFD Rapture Run‬‏
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 Old 05-22-2011, 04:15 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Seems there were two flops that day.

And yeah.... I have never pulled so many winch lines in my 20+ years of wheeling. Seems the weather this last winter made plenty of interesting areas, more so.
post #3 of 21 Old 05-22-2011, 07:41 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Hard core man!

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 Old 05-22-2011, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Pic of the day:

Name:  frylock carnage.jpg
Views: 414
Size:  107.8 KB

After getting him rubber side down we pulled the plugs, cleaned the air box, ripped off the fenders, and tied the hood down. He finished the trail and made the 2 hour drive home
post #5 of 21 Old 05-22-2011, 08:23 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Overheard in video, "If a Jeep goes over it, it must have been harder to have gone around."
post #6 of 21 Old 05-22-2011, 08:25 PM
Rock God

trail looks uber tight for a 4 door unlimited><

sick video, that silver 2dr jk made shit look easy

07' Unlimited X
PSC Bumpers F/R
8k Warn winch
2.5" RK Max Travel
35" MTR's
5:13 yukons
Sleeved/Gusseted front
Dynomax pre-axle exhaust

Last edited by van7559; 05-22-2011 at 08:28 PM.
post #7 of 21 Old 05-22-2011, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by van7559 View Post
sick video, that silver 2dr jk made shit look easy
Thanks man, thats my baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Corners View Post
Nice, I need to get out there one day.
Its only a couple hours from you. This wasn't the standard "loop" run that everyone does, this was a special run . About the same level of difficulty as Sledgehammer.

We will go again in the fall when things cool down again. You should join us.
post #8 of 21 Old 05-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Awesome as always.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #9 of 21 Old 05-23-2011, 02:34 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

More action.....

desert dog

abendx

4x4loyr

James (don't think he's on JKO)

abendx

desert dog

4x4loyr

Maybe more to come if I can find more.

And one last one.... more for DD's shirt than anything. But really.... Camo requested pink for the logo!?! Fucking homo.

post #10 of 21 Old 05-23-2011, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Garage

WOW.. some killer wheeling action.. looks like a challenging trail.. how did the 4 door fair out in the tighter spots?? Killer 2 doors BTW.. nice driving and spotting.. looks hairy where you guys were using the buggy to fill in the gap in the trail.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #11 of 21 Old 05-23-2011, 03:37 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Thanks.

The sedan didn't run the canyon or the hard opening obstacle to the Doran Trail (Gatekeeper). Although I am positive what would have happened. LOTS of body damage. The longer rigs were taking it hard.... as were the smaller ones. Everyone received a bit of body damage, with the two full sized rigs with us taking the big brunt of it (one closed his doors permanently and one ripped half the cab off his rig at one point. Both full sized rigs, the toy, and I would bet... a sedan; would have had real issues in that canyon. It was REALLY tight. A good driver and a really capable sedan would make it through.... but they would pay for it.
post #12 of 21 Old 05-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by abendx View Post
Thanks.

The sedan didn't run the canyon or the hard opening obstacle to the Doran Trail (Gatekeeper). Although I am positive what would have happened. LOTS of body damage. The longer rigs were taking it hard.... as were the smaller ones. Everyone received a bit of body damage, with the two full sized rigs with us taking the big brunt of it (one closed his doors permanently and one ripped half the cab off his rig at one point. Both full sized rigs, the toy, and I would bet... a sedan; would have had real issues in that canyon. It was REALLY tight. A good driver and a really capable sedan would make it through.... but they would pay for it.

Big Props to you guys... and those full size guys.. no doubt you all can wheel hard.

I think my junk would literately be junk by the end of that trail.

Sad to see the yellow bus on its side.. glad no one was hurt and made it home on its own.

°lllll°

Facebook Page

YouTube Channel
post #13 of 21 Old 05-23-2011, 03:44 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
WOW.. some killer wheeling action.. looks like a challenging trail.. how did the 4 door fair out in the tighter spots?? Killer 2 doors BTW.. nice driving and spotting.. looks hairy where you guys were using the buggy to fill in the gap in the trail.
The two 4-doors ducked out early and went along as spectators, they just were not built enough for this kind of action. But I have no doubt that an armored-up 4-door on big meats would have no problem at all (with a few 20-point turns). This is just one of those runs where everyone made the choice to go for it and you weren't getting out without some kind of carnage. BTW there were 2 runs planned on this trip, a moderate run and this one.

Last edited by desert dog; 05-23-2011 at 03:47 PM.
post #14 of 21 Old 05-23-2011, 03:49 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
Big Props to you guys... and those full size guys.. no doubt you all can wheel hard.

I think my junk would literately be junk by the end of that trail.

Sad to see the yellow bus on its side.. glad no one was hurt and made it home on its own.
Thanks, once again.

I think you are right... and that statement can be made by everyone on that trail that day. The burb that was with us that closed his doors has decided to remove all his sheet metal!?!? The toy has ditched his bed since the run, etc... I guess they got it... armor up or get rid of the excess.

Ryan... the driver of the Yellow JK is just fine. Surely a little hit on the pride, but the damage to the heep wasn't too bad and he is 100% okay as well. Maybe a new hood, front quarter panel, some good corners, new flares, and a front clip.... he should be as good as new. I look at it as him following a great, old Jeep mantra.... Fix, Break, Replace (hopefully with better shit).
post #15 of 21 Old 05-23-2011, 03:49 PM
JKO Addict!

I need to get back out there. Great video.

JKUS Sort of
post #16 of 21 Old 05-23-2011, 03:54 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR LIKA View Post
I need to get back out there. Great video.
Come with us next time! We know a few good side trails out there that I don't think many people know about (it's good to have friends with buggies that are willing to spot out good hard trails that the rest of us can run ).
post #17 of 21 Old 05-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert dog View Post
The two 4-doors ducked out early and went along as spectators, they just were not built enough for this kind of action. But I have no doubt that an armored-up 4-door on big meats would have no problem at all (with a few 20-point turns). This is just one of those runs where everyone made the choice to go for it and you weren't getting out without some kind of carnage. BTW there were 2 runs planned on this trip, a moderate run and this one.
I know those 20 point turns too well living on Vancouver Island with the tight trails. Plenty of trees and rock here explains the term BC pin-striping. Thanks for the photos looks like great trails and even better rigs

Take it out and play with it!
post #18 of 21 Old 05-24-2011, 04:42 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

Another couple of good ones, thanks to 4x4LOYR:

desert dog

Ryan (don't think he's on JKO)

Like this one a lot. It really shows what the trail is like. This is the transition from the harder beginning to the easier end.

Who wants to go next time?
post #19 of 21 Old 05-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Rock God

Awesome video and pictures. Looks like some very technical manuvering through some of the obstacles. Thanks for sharing!

My JKO BLACK WIDOW BUILD THREAD:

Big Thanks to Jason at

In process: One TONS, 44" Tires, Comp CUT,
Strertched, Hydro Assist, TF 6" LA,
Chromoly TR Beadlocks,
Katskins, and more!
post #20 of 21 Old 05-26-2011, 03:55 PM
RIP Brad

Garage

New pics came through.... I know there are a million more, but it always seems hard to impossible to collect them? Maybe I should bring my laptop wheeling and make people lend me their SD card to copy before I let them leave?

4x4loyr

desert dog

abendx

IOR Mobile Rape Shack

(and lastly) Really lovin this one!

Last edited by abendx; 05-26-2011 at 04:11 PM.
post #21 of 21 Old 05-26-2011, 08:22 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

freaking awesome guys!!!

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode