Good & bad day at Rausch Creek... - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 05-03-2011, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Good & bad day at Rausch Creek...

The day started out great, then around 2:30, crunch. All part of it though! Scheduled next week for body work.

'08 | RC 2.5" | BFG KM2 35's | JKS quick disc | Smittybilt XRC 8 winch | Expedition One front bumper | Off Road Evolution rear D-ring mounts | Skid Row front skid | Skid Row oil pan skid | Rockhard trans skid | Evap skid | Spiderweb shade | Rubi rock rails | Off Road Evolution rocker skins | Metal Cloak tube fenders | Riddler front & rear diff covers | Rugged Ridge lower control arm skids | Rough Country spare tire relocator | Ace hood jack mounts | Hi Lift jack l Smittybilt tub doors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-03-2011, 03:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Kinda wish you had the doors off for wheeling eh?
post #3 of 6 Old 05-03-2011, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

That is what I thought as soon as it happened!! Oh well.

'08 | RC 2.5" | BFG KM2 35's | JKS quick disc | Smittybilt XRC 8 winch | Expedition One front bumper | Off Road Evolution rear D-ring mounts | Skid Row front skid | Skid Row oil pan skid | Rockhard trans skid | Evap skid | Spiderweb shade | Rubi rock rails | Off Road Evolution rocker skins | Metal Cloak tube fenders | Riddler front & rear diff covers | Rugged Ridge lower control arm skids | Rough Country spare tire relocator | Ace hood jack mounts | Hi Lift jack l Smittybilt tub doors
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 05-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Rock God

Garage
Send a message via AIM to dickyB Send a message via Skype™ to dickyB

yep, thats why I wheel with the doors off, even if its cold. I leaned into a tree at RC once and heard the bang but couldn't find any damage. I figured it must have just been the roll bar or something. A week or two later I go to open the passenger rear door and notice it's more difficult than the others. Once I looked at it an angle I could see thats where I hit the tree. No marks anywhere, but the whole handle assembly was pushed into the door quite a bit. Still works normal but is a little funky looking and harder to open the door than normal. all part of the game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I like driving my jeep around while wearing a suit....it says I'm formal, but I'm here to party.
post #5 of 6 Old 05-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Rock God

I've got LOTS of bent panels and body peeling. Don't do the body work, it's only going to happen again.

2008 JK X 2DR NSG370

Time to build the TONS!

Long Island Off Road Club
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NOVA4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester116th View Post
Confucius say "If you no want break axle, Drive with BIG head not LITTLE head"
post #6 of 6 Old 05-03-2011, 04:21 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk JK View Post
I've got LOTS of bent panels and body peeling. Don't do the body work, it's only going to happen again.
I did consider that. I'll fix it this time, but next time I will think a little harder about it.

My son, who was with me on the trip (that's him poking his head out of the top), watched me post this thread. When I typed, "that is all part of it", he laughed and said "that is not what you said when you hit that rock"!! I was pretty bummed for awhile. I have taken many hits to the armor, who cares. Just tape it, and paint it. This is my first body damage. Sucks! Don't mind scratches, but the door is bent in a little and these scratches are pretty deep. Luckily it did nothing to the hinge.

What pisses me off the most, I have been on this trail many times, and like it. Not so much any more.

Last edited by salt life; 05-03-2011 at 04:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode