<<<NEW YEARS HAMMERS PICS!>>> - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

<<<NEW YEARS HAMMERS PICS!>>>

I thought I would get a thread started--- Woods, Oleg, Rob, etc PLEASE add your pics, vids, and stories!!!! We all have some!!

more later...
Attached Images

HUNDY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

pics-
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #3 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

pic
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

mo pic
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #5 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

more
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #6 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

mp pi c s
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #7 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 12:33 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Nice Mark, looks like a great time as always. The little one is a cutie. Is that her power wheel Jeep? BTW the jungle gym looks a lot better on the rocks than parked next to the Sammi.

........My other hobbies include: Older cars and trucks; Spending money on unfinished projects, and continuing to not finish them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExWrench View Post
For my money, the most notable part of this thread is all the fallout from bsack's fortune cookie factory explosion.
post #8 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 12:39 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Great pictures again Mark. I always hesitate looking at your pictures because they make me sad. They make me realize how pitiful my life is. Thanks a lot.
post #9 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 02:31 PM
Rock God

are you trying to pull out a ball joint with pliers?

Sent Via Zip Line Messenger
post #10 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 02:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

DAMN YOU HUNDY AND ALL OF YOUR FUN TIMES!!!!!!

Looks like a great time, what asploded on the black unlimited?

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #11 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 04:28 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

......Explain!
post #12 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 04:48 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Regarding the last pic;

I am a connoisseur of red-neck repairs, but I cant grasp what seems like holding the balljoint with pliers? What did you guys do . Looks like a fun day.
post #13 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 05:41 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Pliers - check
vice grips - check
at least two hammers - check

Looks like fun!
post #14 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 10:29 PM
Rock God

Awesome time!!!! Can't wait to see ya'll out there in 2 weeks!!! This was the best New Years we've spent in Cali... hoping next year will be even better... I'll bring a shotgun out next year!!!!

The Russian Beast....

www.californiasurveillanceinvestigators.com
post #15 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 10:32 PM
Rock God

post #16 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 10:35 PM
Rock God

(backdoor entrance)

post #17 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Rock God

post #18 of 44 Old 01-04-2011, 10:40 PM
Rock God

post #19 of 44 Old 01-05-2011, 03:21 AM
JKO Addict!

For those of you curious about the balljoints, here's a short video that lead to that. Basically, I sucked at wheelin' all weekend. The last trip was up sledgehammer. I really wanted to run sledge, this trip. I hadn't been there in almost two years. Early on , Brian told me that my rear locker was not engaging, so I was running open in the back for who knows how long. So, I struggle through sledge, winch at the plaque and make it to the mailbox,thinking to myself, cool, I don't have to run upper sledge, I can take the bypass. Except, I forgot we had another waterfall to run before the bypass. About 200 ft. from the bypass, I decide that I want to try an obstacle that hundy and oleg cleared. I snap the ears off my driver side inner axle. Superior evolution axle. My fourth broken superior axle shaft. The ujoint was a ctm. That didn't break. So now, I just want to get out of the rocks. I climb a set of rocks, turn right and climb another big boulder and wham, both balljoints snap, drivers side. What am I going to do now. I'm on slegehammer at 2:00pm and there is snowfall on the way. Everyone is thinking, it's going to be a long cold night. where are we going to get balljoints on a sunday, out in the middle of nowhere. Unbeleivable, I kept my old set of ball joints and had them in the RV, back at camp. The night before, Woods broke the tierod end off his draglink at the steering knuckle. Thinking, I might have an extra tre, I found the balljoints that night. We head back to camp, leaving Brian and Bill behind to remove the broken balljoints and axle. They used alot of creativity and just about every tool I had to make that happen. I had a balljoint press for pressing ujoints, but I didn't have the cups to press out balljoints. They even used my wood splitting maul. I didn't ask. We hammer/pressed the replacement balljoints in. In the pic where Bill is using vicegrips and a wrench, he is trying to get the nut to thread easily because the balljoint was spinning and we couldn't tighten it. We got everything all together and made it back to camp with 1/2 hour of daylight left. The jeep went right on the trailer and we all left together. I can't express enough appreciation to Brian, Bill, Hundy and Oleg for coming together and getting me out of there. You guys are awesome

YouTube - Sledgehammer Carnage

Last edited by rubirobv; 01-05-2011 at 05:20 AM.
post #20 of 44 Old 01-05-2011, 04:50 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubirobv View Post
For those of you curious about the balljoints, here's a short video that lead to that. Basically, I sucked at wheelin' all weekend. The last trip was up sledgehammer. I really wanted to run sledge, this trip. I hadn't been there in almost two years. Early on , Brian told me that my rear locker was not engaging, so I was running open in the back for who knows how long. So, I struggle through sledge, winch at the plaque and make it to the mailbox,thinking to myself, cool, I don't have to run upper sledge, I can take the bypass. Except, I forgot we had another waterfall to run before the bypass. About 200 ft. from the bypass, I decide that I want to try an obstacle that hundy and oleg cleared. I snap the ears off my driver side inner axle. Superior evolution axle. My fourth broken superior axle shaft. The ujoint was a ctm. That didn't break. So now, I just want to get out of the rocks. I climb a set of rocks, turn right and climb another big boulder and wham, both balljoints snap, drivers side. What am I going to do now. I'm on slegehammer at 2:00pm and there is snowfall on the way. Everyone is thinking, it's going to be a long cold night. where are we going to get balljoints on a sunday, out in the middle of nowhere. Unbeleivable, I kept my old set of ball joints and had them in the RV, back at camp. The night before, Woods broke the tierod end off his draglink at the steering knuckle. Thinking, I might have an extra tre, I found the balljoints that night. We head back to camp, leaving Brian and Bill behind to remove the broken balljoints and axle. They used alot of creativity and just about every tool I had to make that happen. I had a balljoint press for pressing ujoints, but I didn't have the cups to press out balljoints. They even used my wood splitting maul. I didn't ask. We hammer/pressed the replacement balljoints in. In the pic where Bill is using vicegrips and a wrench, he is trying to get the nut to thread easily because the balljoint was spinning and we couldn't tighten it. We got everything all together and made it back to camp with 1/2 hour of daylight left. The jeep went right on the trailer and we all left together. I can't express enough appreciation to Brian, Bill, Hundy and Oleg for coming together and getting me out of there. You guys are awesome

http://youtu.be/2eYh4KlctfQ
Rob, that is a crazy story! Damnit, I always miss all of the fun!!!

Okay, so I'm going to press my BJs out of my D30 in the garage, and throw them into the parts box, after reading your post!

RC

A lot of chit coming...

W9DRC

|
post #21 of 44 Old 01-05-2011, 06:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Chocolate Thunder on New Years Eve. This is as far as we got that night, about 25', as Woods broke his draglink. We got him out of there by placing what was left of the TRE on the draglink back into the steering knuckle and wedging an axe handle into the inner C and downward pressure on the draglink. Hundy went back to camp and came back with his JK and a small trailer. We got Woods up on the trailer and Hundy towed him back to camp. I was amazed that the JK towed that much weight. Hundy's JK became Wood's personal parts rig so Hundy wheeled the Bulldog which should be renamed The Goat.

Paranormal Activity
YouTube - Paranormal Activity

Last edited by rubirobv; 01-05-2011 at 06:25 AM.
post #22 of 44 Old 01-05-2011, 06:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Fun around the campfire.

post #23 of 44 Old 01-05-2011, 06:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Some more pics and vids to follow. Also my side of the story of what happened between 11:40pm on New Years eve and 2:00am New Years day .
post #24 of 44 Old 01-05-2011, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubirobv View Post
Some more pics and vids to follow. Also my side of the story of what happened between 11:40pm on New Years eve and 2:00am New Years day .
Do you want to tell your side first, or should I go first???! We had one of the MOST fun New Years ever! It was a fucking crack-up! I'll start a list-

1. mucho alcohol was consumed (starting out right!)
2. You go to bed BEFORE midnite if-
A- you didnt drink enough, or
B- you drank TOO much! I wont name names.
3. There is a spy among us (at least he is cool)
4. Boxer is a great rock mover
5. I heard "Fuck you, Hundy" several times
6. It was cold-- 18degrees!
7. I am funny
8. JKs break down alot
9. That pussy Oleg finally made it up the Sledge ledge first try!
10. "Hi", Princess!
11. Hundy can outdrink V- plain and simple.

please add to the list!===

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #25 of 44 Old 01-05-2011, 09:53 AM
Rock God

12. Oleg kept screaming he needs a gun to wake people up
13. Someone tipped over and fell to the ground... but was able to save her wine
14. Hundy had to get winched up Sledgehammer
15. We almost blew up Olegs tent with fireworks
16. Hundy has an obsession with the word "Juice"

Last edited by OlegRock; 01-05-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode