Moab Cliff Hanger Pic!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 67 Old 01-02-2011, 09:19 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Moab Cliff Hanger Pic!!!

There is a great trail near Moab named, "Top of The World". It's pretty easy, some lift is required, we did it in 3 inches of snow a few weeks ago. At the top the view is breathtaking.

You can Google it for directions & details. Deffinately a good time.

This was taken from the rock the Jeep was on looking west.

The trail heading up to the top.

Pics of my Jeep....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 2 Door Red Rocker, 6 speed, AFE intake, 2.5 Terraflex plus 1", 5.13's, rear locked, 35" Cooper STT's on 15" Ions, EVO Sleeves & Gussets, DIY Bumpers & stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 67 Old 01-02-2011, 09:21 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

awesome pictures. that place is beautiful, i need to get out west
post #3 of 67 Old 01-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Wheeler

Very nice rig... And really great pics! Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 67 Old 01-02-2011, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBirish View Post
awesome pictures. that place is beautiful, i need to get out west
Thanks, Get on out here, the slick rock is fine!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKOutdoors View Post
Very nice rig... And really great pics! Thanks for sharing.
Thanks & thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Corners View Post
Top of the World is a beautiful trail, one I would like to do again.
It's pretty easy but beautiful.

Pics of my Jeep....
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 2 Door Red Rocker, 6 speed, AFE intake, 2.5 Terraflex plus 1", 5.13's, rear locked, 35" Cooper STT's on 15" Ions, EVO Sleeves & Gussets, DIY Bumpers & stuff.
post #5 of 67 Old 01-02-2011, 10:09 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

id be alittle afraind to park there but that is an awesome picture!!!!!

i like your gerry can set up too

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #6 of 67 Old 01-02-2011, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeatenPath View Post
id be alittle afraind to park there but that is an awesome picture!!!!!

i like your gerry can set up too
Ya, I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, lol.
Here's a closer pic of the can carrier.

Pics of my Jeep....

post #7 of 67 Old 01-02-2011, 10:58 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Within the first couple of seconds of looking at that picture all of the things that could go wrong went through my head. There is no way I could park out there...I'm terrified of heights.

I still see me accidentally putting the Jeep in 6th instead of reverse and going juuust far enough...landscape in the windshield. '

Beautiful Jeep!

Marcus

post #8 of 67 Old 01-02-2011, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Within the first couple of seconds of looking at that picture all of the things that could go wrong went through my head. There is no way I could park out there...I'm terrified of heights.

I still see me accidentally putting the Jeep in 6th instead of reverse and going juuust far enough...landscape in the windshield. '

Beautiful Jeep!

Marcus
Add me to the list with Marcus and Corey. I'm not that afraid of heights, and I might park there for the photo op.......but I could actually see the cracks in that rock growing as I looked at the picture.

Nice Jeep and beautiful scenery from that vantage point.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #9 of 67 Old 01-03-2011, 02:58 AM
Rock God

That's some nice pi you got. I am going to vegas is sept, with the wife then to moab for a few days, I would love to do that trail, but I am a pussy when it comes to heights LOL. And nice jeep to.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #10 of 67 Old 01-03-2011, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post

Beautiful Jeep! Marcus
If you go up there sometime, you will see for yourself just how enormus that rock actually is. I know sandstone is the weakest of all rock formations, but this thing is huge. That being said, my Wife was pissed when I said, "I'm going to drive out on that thing for a photo".
I'd like to say that was the worst of it. I actually went out in front of my Jeep & hung off the hi-Lift with one leg over the edge. The drop is straight down, at least 1000 feet. I'll post that pic for ya.

Thanks Marcus, we're enjoying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Add me to the list with Marcus and Corey. I'm not that afraid of heights, and I might park there for the photo op.......but I could actually see the cracks in that rock growing as I looked at the picture.

Nice Jeep and beautiful scenery from that vantage point.
Thanks Man!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010jk View Post
That's some nice pi you got. I am going to vegas is sept, with the wife then to moab for a few days, I would love to do that trail, but I am a pussy when it comes to heights LOL. And nice jeep to.
Appreciate that!!

Pics of my Jeep....

post #11 of 67 Old 01-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Rock God

Moab is my sanctuary but it will be the death of me from wrecked nerves!!! Cliff Hanger is what gets me. I hate/love that trail all at the same time!

2007 Wrangler
Rescue Green

3.5" AEV Lift
37" GoodYear MTR
Pro Comp 7089's
Tom Woods Shafts F&R
OR Fab Tire Carrier
Shaffer Stinger
Bulldog Winch
Buschwacker Flat Flares
Poly Tie Rod
JKS Disco
post #12 of 67 Old 01-03-2011, 11:06 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoojk View Post
Moab is my sanctuary but it will be the death of me from wrecked nerves!!! Cliff Hanger is what gets me. I hate/love that trail all at the same time!
Never done cliffhanger. How much lift do you need to do it w/o scaping the bottom all day?

Pics of my Jeep....

post #13 of 67 Old 01-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door View Post
Never done cliffhanger. How much lift do you need to do it w/o scaping the bottom all day?
You should be ok with your set up. Just have to have a careful eye and good tire placment in some places. There are a couple steep ledges with sand and it changes every year. The hardest part IMHO is the entrance/exit. Then you have the steep drop of with the 1,000 cliff a couple feet away! lol

2007 Wrangler
Rescue Green

3.5" AEV Lift
37" GoodYear MTR
Pro Comp 7089's
Tom Woods Shafts F&R
OR Fab Tire Carrier
Shaffer Stinger
Bulldog Winch
Buschwacker Flat Flares
Poly Tie Rod
JKS Disco
post #14 of 67 Old 01-03-2011, 12:29 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

That first pic is simply stunning. What an amazing pic...although like a few others have said I'm not too sure you'd see me out there. Heights and I do not get along all that well.

Nice JK too!

1972 Commando on Tons & 40s
post #15 of 67 Old 01-03-2011, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoojk View Post
You should be ok with your set up. Just have to have a careful eye and good tire placment in some places. There are a couple steep ledges with sand and it changes every year. The hardest part IMHO is the entrance/exit. Then you have the steep drop of with the 1,000 cliff a couple feet away! lol
I'll wait till spring to check that one out. Thanks for the info!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joneszj View Post
That first pic is simply stunning. What an amazing pic...although like a few others have said I'm not too sure you'd see me out there. Heights and I do not get along all that well.
Nice JK too!
Thanks!

Here's the one that really pissed the Wifey off! Enjoy.... I know it was dumb, so please keep the flaming to a minimum.

Pics of my Jeep....

post #16 of 67 Old 01-03-2011, 03:08 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07XMan2Door View Post
I'll wait till spring to check that one out. Thanks for the info!!!

Thanks!

Here's the one that really pissed the Wifey off! Enjoy.... I know it was dumb, so please keep the flaming to a minimum.

I can here your wife over here in Florida!!!! No wait I showed the picture to my wife and that was her yelling at you here in Florida.

LOL
post #17 of 67 Old 01-03-2011, 05:10 PM
JKO Addict!

That last one is awesome! How do you fit your balls in that little 2 door?

Marc

2007 2 door Rubicon ROCK KRAWLER - POYL PERFORMANCE - RIVER RAIDER - POISON SPYDER - BILSTIEN - PITBULL - ACE - SMITTYBILT - BLACK ROCK - SUPERCHIPS - SPIDERWEB SHADES

post #18 of 67 Old 01-03-2011, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StepsRide View Post
I can here your wife over here in Florida!!!! No wait I showed the picture to my wife and that was her yelling at you here in Florida.LOL
LOL LOL LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggwhite93 View Post
That last one is awesome! How do you fit your balls in that little 2 door?
Ha Ha, My wife read this & told me to tell you that my balls are much bigger than my brain.

Pics of my Jeep....

post #19 of 67 Old 01-03-2011, 08:44 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to njjk08

awesome pictures.. Wonder if you can base jump there?? haha

Chris.....

Building a BIGGER and BETTER Jeep
post #20 of 67 Old 01-03-2011, 10:16 PM

nuh-uh

you wouldn't see me doing that.... not without a parachute (and probably not even then).
post #21 of 67 Old 01-03-2011, 10:22 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by njjk08 View Post
awesome pictures.. Wonder if you can base jump there?? haha
It's in the middle of nowhere. No rules, I'd want to make sure it's high enough 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frognatux View Post
you wouldn't see me doing that.... not without a parachute (and probably not even then).
Ha Ha I hear ya! I'm old, lived a good long life, lol

Pics of my Jeep....

post #22 of 67 Old 01-03-2011, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

To me.....the scariest thing.....is knowing that some day, eventually, inevitably.....that damn thing is going to break off.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #23 of 67 Old 01-03-2011, 11:31 PM
JKO Addict!

X2 on that ^^^^^
post #24 of 67 Old 01-04-2011, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
To me.....the scariest thing.....is knowing that some day, eventually, inevitably.....that damn thing is going to break off.
You know you are right. Just glad it wasn't that day lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubirobv View Post
X2 on that ^^^^^
If you were there you would appreciate how strong that rock really is. You could prolly build a house on it.

Pics of my Jeep....

post #25 of 67 Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Granite Guru

Yea, you probably wouldn't catch me out there either, but.... wicked cool pictures! Thanks for sharing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode