first play day for my jeep - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 12-06-2010, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

first play day for my jeep

YouTube - jk wrangler first hill

all i have is one video of the biggest obstacle i came across while playing around on some land where i train horses on my off time in southern maryland. it was steeper than it looks in the video. and it was too slippery for me to walk up it. im pleased so far with what these jeeps can do. bigger tires are probably coming real soon and maybe a lift. i high centered 3 times that day because of the long wheel base. Enjoy

btw: the camera guy and my passenger have never been off road before, my camera guy was too scared to stay in the jeep and thats the only reason i have this video.

Last edited by horsinaround930; 12-06-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 12-06-2010, 10:15 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

glad to see your getting out there stock. in my opinion way too many people think they HAVE to have tires, lockers, winch, lights, ect. before they can go out. and gettting out there stock will show you want you really want to do.

that being said. its always a good idea to have someone with you when wheeling that can recover you when that mud hole sneaks up on you. or atleast a winch and proper gear.

here is my example of a hole that snuck up on me.

2008 steel blue sahara
with some doo-dads
post #3 of 26 Old 12-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Rock God

Wheel the hell out of it stock... but you could use some bigger tires. What gearing do you have?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 12-07-2010, 02:13 AM
JKO Addict!

You should get that friend to go with you all the time so you can keep posting vids of your wheeling!
post #5 of 26 Old 12-07-2010, 05:13 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

i guess its 3.21 i think thats what comes stock right? id have to look it up. its geared great for the stock tires though.
post #6 of 26 Old 12-15-2010, 04:50 AM
Rock God

Garage

Those forest trails are fun. Glad to see the stock doughnuts got you up that leafy hill.

2007 Wrangler 2dr X
post #7 of 26 Old 12-15-2010, 05:37 AM
Wheeler

Stock is so much fun and it is easier to find challanging terrain. The group I ride with all have well built rig so for fun one day I hosted a 235 ride. The only rule was you had to run 235 or smaller tires. Made me realize just how poor of a drive I am.
post #8 of 26 Old 12-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Rock God

went out last night with mike's rubi and it some driving in the snow, I am stock with 225/16" and it was fun. the esp saved us a few time's from hitting light polls lol never put it in to 4x4. It just goes to show that the esp works even when you turn it half way off. as much as I hate those little tires they really do handle good in the white stuff and stop good. and yes it fun in stock form.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #9 of 26 Old 12-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Granite Guru

Sounds like your camera guy got a little winded climbing up that hill.
post #10 of 26 Old 12-16-2010, 12:14 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by flip5513 View Post
Stock is so much fun and it is easier to find challanging terrain. The group I ride with all have well built rig so for fun one day I hosted a 235 ride. The only rule was you had to run 235 or smaller tires. Made me realize just how poor of a drive I am.

That would be fun to do.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2010 2 door sport, 6 speed,Dark Charcoal Pearl
post #11 of 26 Old 12-20-2010, 09:53 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Take it out and wheel it. Friends for recovery are a good idea no matter the level of modifications.
post #12 of 26 Old 12-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Rock God

My wife and I wheel ours stock. It was a ton of fun and got my toyota buddy off my back for buying a "poser" vehicle. He shut it after he had to get pulled out by me. But the offroad bug is a dangerous creature. 4" rough country and 35s this weekend!!
post #13 of 26 Old 12-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Granite Guru

I wheel mine stock all the time! Every time I go out there's always one person who's surprised at what my rig can do (especially on 29" street tires). I don't even have sliders.
post #14 of 26 Old 12-21-2010, 12:06 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

i went out again during the recent snow we had in southern md dropped a wheel in some ice and got stuck... long story. was fun though i did go down that same hill in the video while it was covered in snow and ill tell you, it was pretty nerve wrecking. really hard to keep traction in that stuff but it did go up some other stuff wish id gotten some videos of it but oh well there will be a next time.

2007-4 DOOR JK-Smittybilt XRC front and SRC rear bumpers-KC lights-315-70r17-Rubi wheels

Soon-regear-2.5 lift-winch
post #15 of 26 Old 01-21-2011, 04:28 PM
Granite Guru

Definitely don't wait for upgrades to have fun. Going with buddies will show you just how much your stock jeep can handle. You will get a kick out of all the modified guys being amazed at what a stock jeep can do, but don't gloat as they will be winching you out of a ditch like what happened to me here https://www.jkowners.com/forum/showth...869#post637869

I did just order a lift kit so what am I talking about

Last edited by Starcat; 01-21-2011 at 04:30 PM. Reason: link didn't work
post #16 of 26 Old 01-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Wheeler

Garage

I wheeled the hell out of mine stock. Everyone we met on the trail was amazed by what a stock JK could do. The last trip before I started adding stuff, my buddy had to winch me out of 2 mud holes and a high center with a come-along. Don't have to worry about that anymore.

Looks like you got some nice terrain to play in. Enjoy.

Cheers,
Jason

"Where we're going we don't need roads." -Doc Brown
post #17 of 26 Old 01-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by G19T View Post
Wheel the hell out of it stock... but you could use some bigger tires. What gearing do you have?
definately wheel it stock... had some of the most fun when mine was stock...

makes it easier to upgrade to stronger aftermarket parts when you break something stock... plus, like mentioned, helps YOU understand what YOU want and need for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsinaround930 View Post
i guess its 3.21 i think thats what comes stock right? id have to look it up. its geared great for the stock tires though.
more than likely 3.73s... my 2009 2 door with the same wheels and tires and had stock 3.73s... mine was bare bones heat and air jk too...

I LIVE, I RIDE, I DESTROY, ANYTHING I GET BEHIND THE WHEEL OF
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnuvore View Post
But you either support your troops or you are shit.

post #18 of 26 Old 01-25-2011, 12:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

All good advice. I wheeled nearly stock, upgraded AT tires, and was really suprised at what i could get over/through.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
post #19 of 26 Old 01-31-2011, 04:47 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leman View Post
glad to see your getting out there stock. in my opinion way too many people think they HAVE to have tires, lockers, winch, lights, ect. before they can go out. and gettting out there stock will show you want you really want to do.

that being said. its always a good idea to have someone with you when wheeling that can recover you when that mud hole sneaks up on you. or atleast a winch and proper gear.

here is my example of a hole that snuck up on me.
awesome picture

2011 Rubicon Unlimited
post #20 of 26 Old 01-31-2011, 06:06 PM
Coonasian

Garage

Seems you are really enjoying your JK! Great vid and thanks for posting it, hope you have more later.
post #21 of 26 Old 02-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

I like seeing stock Jeeps wheel. And I've seen stock ones do some amazing things! Glad to see you out having fun with it

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #22 of 26 Old 05-17-2011, 06:22 PM
Rock God

I was one of those that thought I had to have the bigger tires and rocker guards and skidplates to go wheeling. I finally got talked into going to Rausch Creek with a group of jk's and had a blast. I was pretty surprised what mine could do with the little 29's. I did scrape over just about everything though. Unfortunately I havn't had the extra cash to go wheeling up there since then. I finally got some 33's (credit card) and can't wait to get up there to see how it does this time around.

SOLD-08 Unlimited X, "jeep green", auto, limited slip, hushpower muffler, Aerotech Interceptor gauge,Powerstroke tranny cooler, skidrow evap skid, AFE Pro 7 filter, Teraflex leveling kit, EVO control arm skids, 15x8 Black Rock 909's, 33" KM2's
post #23 of 26 Old 05-30-2011, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

I had forgot about this thread. I now have 315 bfg all terrains on rubi wheels and cant wait to do the 2.5 RK lift thinking about cutting my fenders too but im kind of liking the smittybilt xrc armor fenders any thoughts? I have their stinger and src rear bumper too and really like the way that green jeep looks with them(the one that belongs to the 4wheelparts ceo) then sliders and skids(because I high center all the time with the long wheelbase) but I'm thinking gears may come sooner, we'll find out after I calculate my fuel mileage with these tires.

2007-4 DOOR JK-Smittybilt XRC front and SRC rear bumpers-KC lights-315-70r17-Rubi wheels

Soon-regear-2.5 lift-winch
post #24 of 26 Old 06-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Rock God

Weren't you stuck the other day? -The new tires should help

post #25 of 26 Old 06-08-2011, 12:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Your camera man sounds like he is freaking out

Will: 2010 2-Door Rubicon: Check my garage for details

ΣX

Order from River City Offroad
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode