Hidden Falls Tomorrow? - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 11-23-2010, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Hidden Falls Tomorrow?

Mable Falls TX Anyone going out to HF on Tuesday November 24th? I've got family in and they wanted to hit some trails. Post up if anyone can be there to go out with us. I know the trails well just don't want to go out alone. I can always just find someone at the site but thought maybe someone else here might be off and looking for something to do.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 11-23-2010, 01:40 PM
JKO Addict!

Wish I could!

SOLD - '09 2dr Rubicon - 1.0Gal | 6spd | 37s | 4.88s |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| OR-Fab cage | Poly Cage | BFH Front | XRC Rear | XRC12 Winch | Walker Evans Beadlocks |

Retired from the Jeep community, for now.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 Old 11-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Wheeler

id gladly go on saturday. but currently im sitting in bed tending to my wisdom teeth that got pulled this morning. maybe another time man. message me if you find another weekend to go, ive never been wheeling anywhere but a couple local mud holes and those are getting boring.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 Old 11-24-2010, 06:21 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Okay, I'll try to hook up with someone there. Thanks for the replies.
post #5 of 12 Old 11-24-2010, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla1ove3 View Post
id gladly go on saturday. but currently im sitting in bed tending to my wisdom teeth that got pulled this morning. maybe another time man. message me if you find another weekend to go, ive never been wheeling anywhere but a couple local mud holes and those are getting boring.
This is what you are missing!!!!!!! last HF trip

You can never really tell just how steep some of the hills are but here is a short vid of one that shows a steep climb. Just click on the picture:

Panoramic pic Lake Travis in the background.

You won't see this often but, we had a Jeep Commander out on some of the lighter trails. He did well and knew what to tackle and when to stop. I'm not so good at that.

post #6 of 12 Old 11-24-2010, 10:53 AM
Wheeler

I'd reallllllly like to go sometime. But idk if i'd make it through everything. I have a 2 dr x with 33' nitto mud grapplers on a 3.5 inch skyjacker lift. i have an AEV snorkel and AEV hood, 2 kc headlights(soon to be 4). a warn ti9500 winch and soon to be PSC fenders. ive never done any sort of flexing on the skyjacker, im afraid its gonna break i guess. any advice or thoughts? ill post up pics once i get those flares installed, theyre in the mail.
post #7 of 12 Old 11-24-2010, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

You would be surprised what you can do. If you go with someone that knows the trails you will be just fine. It would be great to learn about picking a line and using a spotter. Getting a strap when it's too difficult and using a bypass if it really is too much. It's the only way to know. You will wonder why you waited.
post #8 of 12 Old 11-24-2010, 04:30 PM
Wheeler

haha well then i should be coming up soon, i assume you'd be willing to show me the ropes, riight?
post #9 of 12 Old 11-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
haha well then i should be coming up soon, i assume you'd be willing to show me the ropes, riight?
Anybody here on the forum will be more than happy to help out.

I don't mind going with a newer crowd and allowing everyone to take their time. Always great to see the "I had NO idea that my Jeep could do that" smile.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #10 of 12 Old 11-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Wheeler

Yeah I'm just a senior in high school and my jeep only gets mods when I have time to work a wholeeee lot. Which wont be to much because of soccer season starting up here in a week. But hey, once that's over I'll try to do a couple more small mods to get it into shape for when you guys all take me out and show me around. I just finished painting the wheel wells tonight!! They look good, and I did it myself which is, as you all know, rewarding.
post #11 of 12 Old 11-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
I just finished painting the wheel wells tonight!! They look good, and I did it myself which is, as you all know, rewarding.
Absolutely.

I picked up an angle grinder last week and have just been staring at the jeep, trying to figure out what all I want to start cutting and grinding- lmao.

FWIW- Painted wheel wells look so much better. Did mine last month and it really makes it look "right".

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #12 of 12 Old 11-29-2010, 06:59 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Nice pics and video. HF is getting better all the time.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode