Hidden Falls 11/20/2010 - Marble Falls, TX - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 11-20-2010, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage
Hidden Falls 11/20/2010 - Marble Falls, TX

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 11-20-2010, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

VIEWS:

post #3 of 15 Old 11-20-2010, 09:05 PM Thread Starter
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

This was the top of a trail named Stonehenge. It should have been named death wish. LOL!

VIDEOS TO COME!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 11-20-2010, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

YouTube - MOV01824

YouTube - MOV01812

YouTube - MOV01811

post #5 of 15 Old 11-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
This was the top of a trail named Stonehenge. It should have been named death wish. LOL!

VIDEOS TO COME!
That was a fun one
post #6 of 15 Old 11-20-2010, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Did you make it all the way up that thing? The trail to the radio tower? (Sounds like something out of Myst...LOL!)

post #7 of 15 Old 11-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Did you make it all the way up that thing? The trail to the radio tower? (Sounds like something out of Myst...LOL!)
Up to a point, then back down.
post #8 of 15 Old 11-20-2010, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austex View Post
Up to a point, then back down.
OK, that is what the three of us did. The turn around spot was even damn frightening! I got really off camber and when I eased back on the gas my front end slid towards oblivion. It was probably the biggest pucker moment of the day and I was just trying to turn my dumb ass around.

Anyone else with a 6 speed hate coming out of 4LO back into 2HI after driving all day without thinking about the clutch?

post #9 of 15 Old 11-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Rock God

Garage

Death wish huh? That sounds like a lot of fun. Never been there bit sure wish I couldve made it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #10 of 15 Old 11-20-2010, 11:10 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Something is missing......

Me! Dammit!

Good news is that I got to watch the Aggs beat Nebraska!!! Whoop!!!!

post #11 of 15 Old 11-21-2010, 09:17 AM
Rock God

I think its a winch to the top trail. i know a couple people who made it up.
post #12 of 15 Old 11-22-2010, 05:06 PM
Granite Guru

Thumbs up

Had a great time, glad to meet new people.
post #13 of 15 Old 11-22-2010, 07:59 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjeepr View Post
I think its a winch to the top trail. i know a couple people who made it up.
You can make it but it takes a big bump to get over that last ridge (took me many trys and that was with a good spotter). Then its very lose rock on a steap grade to the very top. I got out of shape on that last step and almost needed the new cage that I bought but haven't installed yet!

I'd say that lockers, at least one, are a must to get up Stonehenge.

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Last edited by TEXASKEV; 11-22-2010 at 11:15 PM.
post #14 of 15 Old 11-22-2010, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
You can make it but it takes a big bump to get over that last ridge (took me many trys and that was with a good spotter). Then its very lose rock on a steap grade to the very top. I got out of shape on that last steep and almost needed the new cage that I bought but haven't installed yet!

I'd say that lockers, at least one, are a must to get up Stonehenge.
You are way, way, way more brave than I am. I was not even going to attempt it with a 2 door. Video?

Marcus

post #15 of 15 Old 11-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Quote:
You are way, way, way more brave than I am. I was not even going to attempt it with a 2 door. Video?

Marcus
No, no video. Johnny from Atomic 4x4 invited me out for a half day run. He told me that we were just going to 'shake down' his buddies well built XJ. Ok, sounds nice and safe right? lol the guy drug us over nothing but level 5 trails that day.

Pic of our rigs on top by the tower.

Bottom line, I was scared shitless and didn't want to do it. Then I get out of shape on that last step and almost roll to the bottom. But John keeps moving me around and after several tries my KM2's get some bite and I make it up. Both XJ's with me also made it. Casy in the front office couldn't believe that we did that trail with DD rigs.

Anyone trying that trail just needs to be sure that they have a good spoter. We had some carnage that day, I bent a tierod, one XJ crushed a tail light and lost a rear shaft.

Nice pics that you posted Marcus. Wish that I could have been there but I had a photo shoot out of state. Its good that you had great weather

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

Last edited by TEXASKEV; 11-22-2010 at 11:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode