BULLDOG at BULLFROG trail pics-- - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 Old 10-24-2010, 10:41 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

BULLDOG at BULLFROG trail pics--

Hooked up with RiggerMike and a few of his buddies- Wayne, Tom, Wayne-- and a few other Jeepers that were from Bakersfield today at Bullfrog to give the "Bulldog" her first shake down run. The new rig flat kicks ass! Took insane lines all day trying to give her a challenge! Performed flawlessly!

A few pics-- hopefully there will be more from the other guys, too!

Attached Images

HUNDY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 Old 10-24-2010, 10:43 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

pics-
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #3 of 26 Old 10-24-2010, 10:45 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

more-
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 Old 10-24-2010, 10:47 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

mo-
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #5 of 26 Old 10-24-2010, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

last ones-
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #6 of 26 Old 10-25-2010, 10:39 AM
Rock God

Garage

the stance on that thing looks like a BULLDOG. Nice rig! So where the other guys there to watch cause it don't look like they could do the same line?

Its nice to see some Bako boys in this neck of the woods! Awesome pics BTW!
post #7 of 26 Old 10-25-2010, 11:03 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obstruction of Justice View Post
the stance on that thing looks like a BULLDOG. Nice rig! So where the other guys there to watch cause it don't look like they could do the same line?

Its nice to see some Bako boys in this neck of the woods! Awesome pics BTW!

Thx Obs-
The guys took the regular trail lines-- the BULLDOG gets bored really quickly with that! I felt like I could drive over everything I pointed at. The Cougar Buttes area is FULL of hard lines if you get bored!

The Bako Boys were kinda lost out there, so they hooked up with us and ran the actual trail-- they were cool to hang out with--

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #8 of 26 Old 10-25-2010, 11:37 AM
Rock God

I love it, looks fun as hell! What are the specs on it?

I have to ask though, what happened to the sami?! (I think it needs to be in my garage)

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #9 of 26 Old 10-25-2010, 12:04 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prope View Post
I love it, looks fun as hell! What are the specs on it?

I have to ask though, what happened to the sami?! (I think it needs to be in my garage)

I still have the Sami-- probably going to sell one or the other-- havent decided yet-

The new rig is a 4 cyl V-tech Honda front wheel drive set-up turned sideways with the driveshafts converted to u-joints that go to each axle. No transfer case. Its a really cool set-up! The 4.88s in the diffs gear it down to where it needs to be. Its a 4 spd auto trans.
Axles are custom set-up Rock Crusher D44s with cromo D60 outers--- nice strong set-up.
4link frt and rear, but not alot of triangulation, so they added track bars which work perfectly. Air shox all corners-- super flexy.
Really lite weight-- I was told 1800 lbs. This thing is like a BillyGoat on the rocks! It has red label stickys for tires-- they really work.

Originally built by a company called All Terrain Monster in Ga.

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #10 of 26 Old 10-25-2010, 09:34 PM
Wheeler

Brand new Jeep without plates? Haven't even made a payment on it? Rock Stock? First day wheelin ... ever? Happen to be at Cougar Buttes near the start of Bullfrog?

Then 100dollarman says, "Just follow me", and your buddy RiggerMike says, "Go ahead, it'll be alright".

WARNING!!! DON'T DO IT!!! TURN AROUND AND GO PLAY ON A SANDY ROAD NEAR THE HIGHWAY!!! FORGET ABOUT THOSE GUYS. DON'T LOOK BACK. DON'T GO BACK. JUST KEEP YOUR RIGHT FOOT DOWN AND HEAD FOR THE FRIKIN HIGHWAY!!!

Seriously. Many thanks to Mark, Mike, and Brian. I'm hooked!!! That was one of the best days of my life (adventure) and I've raced motocross, rode 85 mph thru the desert, boogie boarded the North Shore, extreme skied chutes, rocks, etc, and bonsaied mountain bikes down single track cliff trails in my younger days.

Their expert spotting, advice, and encouragement gave me confidence to get thru the obstacles. In fact, it's the only way I got thru the obstacles. Everytime I used my own judgement I got stuck. I've seen pics on the forum for years and never imagined I'd do that kinda crawlin so soon. The lines you chose for my "Stockster" were incredible. Didn't lose a bit of shiny red paint (for now). You guys may have just given a junkie some juice!

Hey, Thanks Again.

I'll post up pics when they get developed. Hopefully we have some good ones of the BULLDOG bulldogin Bullfrog. (Say that one time fast.)

2010 Flame Red Unlimited Rubicon.
Wheeled to hell and back with a TF 2.5BB and 35s!
post #11 of 26 Old 10-25-2010, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Dude---------yerabaddass!:grinpim p:

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #12 of 26 Old 10-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Rock God

My poor Sahara looks downright petite.
My lazy ass got exactly zero pics.
Thanks Mark for all the fun and excellent spotting as usual.
I think Wayne had a good time once he got warmed up.
He shaved a few rocks and scuffed his bumpers, but nothing too bad.
I think we have a convert.

Current Mods:
  1. Cleghorn tailpipe mod
  2. Cleghorn side step ventilation with Gold Mtn. enhancement
  3. Heartbreak Ridge bumper scuffs
  4. Goler gas tank skid mod
  5. Miscellaneous pin striping
  6. Woods evap cannister relocate (Wow, an intentional mod!)
  7. 2"BB and swapped in stock Rubi coils and shocks (thanks Seth!)
  8. Calico fender realignment and texturing
  9. Calico "explodey the side step" ez removal kit
  10. Stock Rubicon rails courtesy of JackTuttle (Thanks Jack!)
  11. Solid Axle dif covers
post #13 of 26 Old 10-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Wheeler

Hey, thanks to both of you guys for the spotting and "easy" lines. I'm finally breathing normal, but there's still something sticky in the back of my shorts. I still got em on, cause I can't get em off.

The Bulldog is awesome! I've got Mike spotting me and Mark climbing some wild ass lines in the background. Pretty cool.

Mike, you and your rig kicked ass on that trail. I was impressed. Any damage?

post #14 of 26 Old 10-26-2010, 07:52 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnBiker4158 View Post
Hey, thanks to both of you guys for the spotting and "easy" lines. I'm finally breathing normal, but there's still something sticky in the back of my shorts. I still got em on, cause I can't get em off.

The Bulldog is awesome! I've got Mike spotting me and Mark climbing some wild ass lines in the background. Pretty cool.

Mike, you and your rig kicked ass on that trail. I was impressed. Any damage?
No damage that I can see except for some scuffs and my tailpipe is a little flatter than last time. Having an intermittent r/f turn signal issue which is kinda weird. I went to pull the bulb last night, but the manual lists the first step in pulling the bulb as "remove the grille". I just wasnt up to it.

Current Mods:
  1. Cleghorn tailpipe mod
post #15 of 26 Old 10-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100dollarman View Post
I still have the Sami-- probably going to sell one or the other-- havent decided yet-

The new rig is a 4 cyl V-tech Honda front wheel drive set-up turned sideways with the driveshafts converted to u-joints that go to each axle. No transfer case. Its a really cool set-up! The 4.88s in the diffs gear it down to where it needs to be. Its a 4 spd auto trans.
Axles are custom set-up Rock Crusher D44s with cromo D60 outers--- nice strong set-up.
4link frt and rear, but not alot of triangulation, so they added track bars which work perfectly. Air shox all corners-- super flexy.
Really lite weight-- I was told 1800 lbs. This thing is like a BillyGoat on the rocks! It has red label stickys for tires-- they really work.

VERY cool!

Mtnbiker4158: That's hilarious!

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #16 of 26 Old 10-27-2010, 02:44 PM

Just wanted to drop in here and thank you guys for leading us out of the desert - (and also leading us to JKO) - I was the guy in the gray Rubi -Jason.
We had a great time. I've attached a photo for ya -shows some great articulation on that beast of yours.
Attached Images

post #17 of 26 Old 10-27-2010, 10:14 PM
Wheeler

Hey Jason, Wayne here. Red Rubi. Welcome aboard. Add some Bullfrog pics of your rig. I may set mine up similar to yours. Looked good on Sunday's run.

Wanna give a shout out to Brett. Your Woods evap can relocate is great! I would of lost that sucker if not relocated as I got a fresh rock shine on the entire undercarriage of my Jeep.

I scraped all day, but no damage. Just some fender scuffs on Bullfrog and scored all four wheels on a Gold Mountain run earlier in the morning.

I've got some pics from the other Wayne. I'll post up when I have time.

post #18 of 26 Old 10-28-2010, 12:31 AM

Hey Wayne. As it turns out, my buddy, Andy, has most of the pics of me on Bullfrog. I did find one, however...
Quick spec is: 3" Fabtech basic lift, Pro Comp wheels with 4.75" backspacing, 35" BFG

I'll also attach a pic of my friend's red Rubi with pretty much the same set-up. Note that the missing rear fender was a "on-trail customization" -oops
Attached Images

post #19 of 26 Old 10-28-2010, 01:01 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100dollarman View Post

Awesome rig Hundy! Do you have any close-ups of how the enigine sits in the chassis? Do you know what engine it is specifically? I'm curious as I have always been a Honda fan (not the ricer kind tho). Many Honda engines are well known for horsepower from very small engines but only a few squeeze good torque numbers and the good torque numbers aren't usually from the V-Tec engines. Was kinda curious whether the bulldog would need much torque for obstacles like that.
post #20 of 26 Old 10-28-2010, 01:03 AM
Rock God

Mark,

You sure you won't adopt me?

post #21 of 26 Old 10-28-2010, 10:30 PM
Wheeler

Here's some pics from the other Wayne. That's RiggerMike in the 2 door.

post #22 of 26 Old 10-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Wheeler

More Pics.

post #23 of 26 Old 10-28-2010, 10:36 PM
Wheeler

Not a bad first day ever in the rocks. However I won't be back to Bullfrog until I get lifted. (Maybe in a week or so.)

post #24 of 26 Old 10-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Wheeler

Last set and the only pic of the Bulldog. Got to watch 100dollarman clean "Hundy Pass" with one arm behind his back. (He was reaching for another cold one!)

post #25 of 26 Old 10-28-2010, 11:03 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnBiker4158 View Post
Last set and the only pic of the Bulldog. Got to watch 100dollarman clean "Hundy Pass" with one arm behind his back. (He was reaching for another cold one!)

Wayne got some great shots. Can you believe you did this on your first day?

Current Mods:
  1. Cleghorn tailpipe mod
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode