Oct. 16 at Sicily Island, La. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 10-18-2010, 08:06 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Oct. 16 at Sicily Island, La.

Me and the wifey went and took a trip to Sicily Island ORV park this past weekend. And I must say we had a blast!!! Lots of off camber and steep hills with ROCKS to climb. Hell, I gotta get new skid plates for my junk now!!!

...and for Dean, a shot for Crawl Magazine...

And now Alan...

Kevin M.
2008 JK Sahara Unlimited, 3.8L, 3.5" Rubicon Express lift with (5) 35/70R17s' BFG KM2s' on Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys 7069 Series, Red Rock, Crystal Pearl, Galaxy CB Radio, Hella FF lights, Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers, Xenon Flat Fenders, 12K Mile Marker winch, front and rear Rugged Ridge diff guards, Mopar slush mats, and Vision X led rock lights, IPF 920H4 JK Headlights, Superchips flashpac, River Raider rock sliders, front/rear Coast 1310 driveshafts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Proud Rebel; 10-18-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 10-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

looks like a good time kevin. thats an awesome pic with all the dust. i take it the foot is better now. lol

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #3 of 11 Old 10-18-2010, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Rock God

Oh yeah the foot feels great! I was using it to brace myself on some of those off camber crawls. The wife got out on the last climb to get some shots, she said she was glad she did cause it was a scarey one... I can't wait to go back!

Kevin M.
2008 JK Sahara Unlimited, 3.8L, 3.5" Rubicon Express lift with (5) 35/70R17s' BFG KM2s' on Pro Comp Xtreme Alloys 7069 Series, Red Rock, Crystal Pearl, Galaxy CB Radio, Hella FF lights, Smittybilt XRC front and rear bumpers, Xenon Flat Fenders, 12K Mile Marker winch, front and rear Rugged Ridge diff guards, Mopar slush mats, and Vision X led rock lights, IPF 920H4 JK Headlights, Superchips flashpac, River Raider rock sliders, front/rear Coast 1310 driveshafts

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 Old 10-18-2010, 02:56 PM
Rock God

Nice pics! I like the dust one too....would a stock Jk make these trails ok? I'm putting 35s on before the lift and I don't want to put them on because I know I will have rubbing issues offroad. But will the regular stock jk tires suffice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 11 Old 10-18-2010, 03:06 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Cool pics. Looks like a pretty cool place too. Funny enough, I was pulling back into my parking lot at work earlier and a truck pulled in behind me. The dude gets out and asks if i was on LA4x4. His screen name on there is DIPTUBE. He recognized my jeep from la 4x4. We shot the breeze for a little while and he said that there is a group going to sicily island the friday after Thanksgiving. Im going to try to go then, maybe before too.

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #6 of 11 Old 10-18-2010, 07:44 PM
Rock God

I like the pics, sicily island is a great place. Keith posted some pics on offroadalliance. That silver tj had a little trouble in rock city.

08 jk unlimited X
1 ton axles
39.5 Iroks

post #7 of 11 Old 10-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE View Post
Cool pics. Looks like a pretty cool place too. Funny enough, I was pulling back into my parking lot at work earlier and a truck pulled in behind me. The dude gets out and asks if i was on LA4x4. His screen name on there is DIPTUBE. He recognized my jeep from la 4x4. We shot the breeze for a little while and he said that there is a group going to sicily island the friday after Thanksgiving. Im going to try to go then, maybe before too.

corey d
Need to come Nov. 6th with us.

08 jk unlimited X
1 ton axles
39.5 Iroks

post #8 of 11 Old 10-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redx08 View Post
Need to come Nov. 6th with us.
There is a pretty good possibility that i can make that happen. Do you have a gang going? Yall camping? What day of the week?

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #9 of 11 Old 10-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUPIDFACE View Post
There is a pretty good possibility that i can make that happen. Do you have a gang going? Yall camping? What day of the week?

corey d
Yeah we will have probably 8-10 rigs, we will be camping. Most will come down Nov. 5th afternoon and leave nov. 7th afternoon. Thats that friday, sat, and sun.

08 jk unlimited X
1 ton axles
39.5 Iroks

post #10 of 11 Old 10-18-2010, 08:24 PM
Heat'n and a beat'n...

Quote:
Originally Posted by redx08 View Post
Yeah we will have probably 8-10 rigs, we will be camping. Most will come down Nov. 5th afternoon and leave nov. 7th afternoon. Thats that friday, sat, and sun.
Ill try to make it. I know 1 or 2 other jeeps that my want to go also.

corey d

corey d
2008 JEEP...
post #11 of 11 Old 10-19-2010, 03:52 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackr6 View Post
Nice pics! I like the dust one too....would a stock Jk make these trails ok? I'm putting 35s on before the lift and I don't want to put them on because I know I will have rubbing issues offroad. But will the regular stock jk tires suffice?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It should work fine, the green TJ Rubi out there had 33" tires but had lockers, my JK did fine but I'm running 35" and 3.5" of lift, no lockers. I heard that a stock JK 4dr went out there and did just fine.

Kevin M.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode