JKOwners Forum banner

If anyone is still around here, AOP 2019.

4K views 17 replies 7 participants last post by  valia crolun 
#1 ·
Here are some pics to start. Took mostly videos, will get them on youtube for viewing pleasures over the next couple days.

Weather was warm during the day and perfect 60s at night. We pulled in to camp Thursday night and left Monday morning. My buddy blew a total of 6 tires on his race trailer between there and back.

All jeeps performed great. I blew a front driveshaft u-joint getting pretty rowdy on Area 51 in the middle of the night. It was intentionally my weak link as I got it back to camp and replaced that night but I will be putting a 1410 on it now. It was about to get up when it popped. I'm getting up it next year.

Then at the top of Trail 50 on Sunday, it was my turn to get through the next obstacle and the jeep didn't want to start. After checking everything and scratching heads and drinking beer for two hours, I finally tried to remove some big white fuse that apparently has something to do with the anti-theft bullshit. Plugged it back in and no start. **** it, started trying to yank the heep the rest of the way up Trail 50 with no steering and barely any brakes, was looking to be a very long 3-4 hours getting back to camp. I tried one more time and Boom, started! I'm thinking it had something to do with not reading the key RFID business or whatever it is. Who knows though. It works now.

Oh and my buddy's driveshaft flange bolts backed out and sheared one off. Below is us fixing that in the middle of a black trail.

See less See more
#4 ·
I did some brief research and looks like most people are trying to add security to their jeeps instead of disable it like I would prefer. I basically need to be able to delete the whole needing to recognize the fob deal. I have no clue how it all works and I'm assuming it goes through the ECU and isn't a simple wire in a switch or resistor to trick it. Would be nice if i could wire in a slick switch that would act as the key fob recognition and then a push start. If it happens again and the same fuse being reset fixes it, I'll dive deeper into finding a permanent resolution.

This is the thread that made me try it, post #4:

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/stock-jk-tech-12/help-jk-wont-start-51586/

#5 ·
Thanks man! It definitely took a beating last weekend and kept on trucking. Bent the shit out of my steering smashing it into a rock but it didn't fail. Going to add some tubes to the cage as well to stiffen it up more, it was creaking a little too much for my liking. I think door tubes will help a lot.

#7 ·
Definitely write up on here when you figure it out. My 2010 has the intermittent shutdown. Start the Jeep, 2 seconds later it dies. I have to pull the key from the ignition, take the Jeep out of gear, reinsert key and then it will start like nothing happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Not to poop up the thread, but it was happening before and after the clockspring replacement with the dealer. I still have the second clockspring recall as well, but I was holding that one for when shit really malfunctions (no cruise, no horn, etc). It's becoming more frequent, so maybe a wire is loose in the column. This will give me something to do this weekend.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.