EJS 2019 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 Old 03-15-2019, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
EJS 2019

I searched for a EJS thread for this year and couldn't find one, so this will have to do..

So who is going? I know that I'll be there for the duration of the event...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 Old 03-21-2019, 11:07 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodjk View Post
I searched for a EJS thread for this year and couldn't find one, so this will have to do..

So who is going? I know that I'll be there for the duration of the event...
That is awesome, I hope you have a blast.

It's looking like I'll be in Saudi at that time. Oh and the whole my Jeep doesn't run yet part too.

Kevin
post #3 of 37 Old 03-21-2019, 11:24 AM
Rock God

I'll be there again this year as well as JP Dirt & Drive. It's going to be a blast!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 JK-8
08 2dr Sahara
17 Gobi Recon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 37 Old 03-21-2019, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
That is awesome, I hope you have a blast.

It's looking like I'll be in Saudi at that time. Oh and the whole my Jeep doesn't run yet part too.
Cheers man, we will most definitely catch up another time..
post #5 of 37 Old 03-21-2019, 12:17 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi-8 View Post
I'll be there again this year as well as JP Dirt & Drive. It's going to be a blast!
Not knowing how things roll there, I've put myself down for a trip every day. Due to my tire size (34's) the gnarliest ones are off limits to me but I am down for Hells Revenge, Poison Spider, Steel Bender and Fins and Things. The other trails look more like scenic trips but I'm more than happy to be checking those out too....

Can I ask you where the staging area is for the trips, are there separate areas, how do they roll there?
post #6 of 37 Old 03-21-2019, 01:19 PM
Rock God

Those are great trails and you will a great time. The staging areas are usually at the trail hear or sometimes in town. The book will tell you were. The magazine will also tell you just about everything you need to know. In recent years it has been well organized.
Rodjk likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

07 JK-8
08 2dr Sahara
17 Gobi Recon
post #7 of 37 Old 03-21-2019, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

So will this magazine will be posted out to me, or will I pick one up there?
post #8 of 37 Old 03-21-2019, 04:33 PM
Granite Guru

Iíll be there. I come in Wednesday and currently am planning to stay until the Wednesday after Easter.
The magazine is available here. https://www.rr4w.com/userfiles/files...2019%20web.pdf with very little effort, you will also be able to find it all over town.
Rodjk likes this.
post #9 of 37 Old 03-21-2019, 09:20 PM
Rock God

Have fun everybody. I will not be there. Say maybe next year every year but I will make it.

2007 JKU X, 6.0 ls and 6L80e with a diy kit from RpmExtreme, 4.10, 4" ProComp Stage 1 lift, AEV drop brackets, 325/65R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Eagle Offroad Alloys 18"x10"
post #10 of 37 Old 03-22-2019, 10:56 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

My son in law and I are making the trek out this year, see you guys around town or on the trails.
post #11 of 37 Old 03-23-2019, 12:52 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Jester View Post
My son in law and I are making the trek out this year, see you guys around town or on the trails.
If you see me running around, feel free to say hello as I'm usually happy to have a chat...
Texas_Jester likes this.
post #12 of 37 Old 03-26-2019, 03:56 PM
Rock God

I'm going! Not sure which trails will be available to run. I'm looking forward to exploring the Expo and meeting new faces.

Damn the cannons, full speed ahead! |
post #13 of 37 Old 03-26-2019, 05:21 PM
Granite Guru

Looking forward to dragging the whole family out there this time around. Will be there all week.
post #14 of 37 Old 03-27-2019, 06:14 AM
JKO Addict!

This will be my 14th EJS. Coming over Wednesday, Metal Masher on Thurday, arena day or our club's run on Friday, then Crystal Geyer Saturday and club run on Sunday.

If you've never been to EJS, the trail runs can have over 40 rigs registered. If the stars align and you get capable rigs & drivers it can be a smooth flowing day. If not, it can be long & tedious. I once did a Golden Spike run with Dan Mick on Saturday and there were so many issues we didn't get back to town until nearly 10PM, after an 8AM start. I use the Big Saturday run to do low rated, scenic trails I'm not familiar with. Almost guarantees I'll be back to Moab in time for a nice dinner with friends. Rest of the week it's not so iffy.

I'm only about 2.5 hours from Moab so I'm over there several times per year. Fortunately I have a friend who lives there and I stay at her place. Moab is getting scary expensive to visit. Hotel rates are nuts, and each year they get worse. Camping at the Canyonlands RV park in town is up to $90 a night. Remote camping on BLM land has become very restricted over the past ten years as well, but some of our folks have been camping at the old airport. This year even that is restricted to a smaller area as the county is using the space to store material for water pipe replacement.

Some changes are in the wind. Strike Ravine was removed from the EJS trails for this year because Area BFE is currently closed and a section of the trail runs through it. The owners claim they'll reopen as a private OHV park, with memberships, etc. Rumors have it the owner has actually succumbed to making it a subdivision, so only time will tell. https://utahpla.com/land-closure-upd...off-road-park/

I was over there yesterday on business. The town was packed wth spring breakers. So, expect big crowds, be patient and above all BE COURTEOUS! Moab has grown quite a bit and there are newcomers who hate the Easter Jeep Safari. Going there and acting like a jackass only helps their cause, which is to shut the entire area down to motorized access. The haters at SUWA are watching, don't give them any ammunition to use against us!

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.

Last edited by SoK66; 03-27-2019 at 05:11 PM.
post #15 of 37 Old 03-27-2019, 06:58 AM
JKO Addict!

Had no idea BFE is closed.

post #16 of 37 Old 04-17-2019, 08:36 AM
JKO Addict!

Son sent me the link. Hopefully doing ok.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gephard...ike-trail/amp/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #17 of 37 Old 04-17-2019, 08:42 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fklein6768 View Post
Son sent me the link. Hopefully doing ok.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/gephard...ike-trail/amp/

Woman lost her leg. JL ran over her and ended up in a ditch. I heard he was stuck on an obstacle, gave it the beans and the Jeep pivoted and dislodged.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/ser...r-jeep-safari/

post #18 of 37 Old 04-17-2019, 09:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALASHA View Post
Woman lost her leg. JL ran over her and ended up in a ditch. I heard he was stuck on an obstacle, gave it the beans and the Jeep pivoted and dislodged.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/ser...r-jeep-safari/
Way too many videos where the "spectators" are in sketchy positions in the event something goes south. Sad.

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #19 of 37 Old 04-17-2019, 12:09 PM
Twigger time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fklein6768 View Post
Way too many videos where the "spectators" are in sketchy positions in the event something goes south. Sad.

His JL looks like it got wet and rolled in a transamerica catalog.
I love how in one video he notes that his bedding and matching luggage are positioned as to not adversely affect CG all while having a thousand pounds of shit bolted to the top of his rolling shit show. Seems like he was more than qualified to run that trail. Hopefully the woman survives.

Last edited by snout; 04-17-2019 at 12:38 PM.
post #20 of 37 Old 04-17-2019, 01:23 PM
JKO Addict!

A little surprised no one has video of the incident.

If you go through the thread I linked, someone posts a pic showing where he was when he was stuck and where the accident occurred. Really wondering how he got that far...

post #21 of 37 Old 04-17-2019, 03:42 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:

If you go through the thread I linked, someone posts a pic showing where he was when he was stuck and where the accident occurred. Really wondering how he got that far...
Optics can be funny but it did appear to be quite a distance. Also did not look like a spot that would have caused a "stuck" situiation.

www.4x4s-pod.com
post #22 of 37 Old 04-17-2019, 09:41 PM
JKO Addict!

He tried the difficult line on that ledge just past Golden Crack. He high centered and instead of asking for a tug tried to power out of it. She was about 30 feet away and should have been safe. When the Jeep broke free he lost control. Witness said he was likely ful throttle when he hit her. Lessons to be learned here. Hope the repercussions don’t hit RR4W too hard.
Rancho Suspension likes this.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #23 of 37 Old 04-18-2019, 06:04 PM
Granite Guru

I read what the people where saying over on the JL forum. The guy has a you tube channel "American jeeper". I watched a couple of his videos to me it seems like the was a little over his head to be on that trail. I dont think he had enough experience to be trying to tackle that trail.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
post #24 of 37 Old 04-18-2019, 07:29 PM
Granite Guru

The jeep is still there four days later. I was on Rusty Nail, and we saw the jeep right at the end of the Rusty nail joins Golden Spike.
post #25 of 37 Old 04-19-2019, 11:25 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:

Only thing that makes sense to me is that the dude whisky throttled, went deer in in the headlights and never let off. He was just along for the ride in a situation he created.

Kevin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode