EJS 2019 - Page 2 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #26 of 40 Old 04-19-2019, 09:23 PM
JKO Addict!

Rumor today that he's claiming unintended acceleration, that the JL went full throttle on its own and he couldn’t stop it. (Audi 5000 1986....right)

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.

Last edited by SoK66; 04-21-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #27 of 40 Old 04-20-2019, 06:18 AM
Granite Guru

What may or may not be credible information, but the guy hit the girl. The first thing he did was to see if she was alright. The next thing he did is to sit by himself and call a lawyer. He wouldn't talk to anyone. That is probably the smartest thing he did, legally.
I just hope this does not damage RR4W via lawsuits. Someone, somewhere, did something stupid and someone got hurt, seriously.
post #28 of 40 Old 04-20-2019, 07:41 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Scooter View Post
What may or may not be credible information, but the guy hit the girl. The first thing he did was to see if she was alright. The next thing he did is to sit by himself and call a lawyer. He wouldn't talk to anyone. That is probably the smartest thing he did, legally.

I just hope this does not damage RR4W via lawsuits. Someone, somewhere, did something stupid and someone got hurt, seriously.
My thoughts on a law suit are this, the only person that can be sued is him and here's why. The trail ride is all on you unless it is sponsored by a person or group and with that they want you to sign a waiver stating that they are not responsible in anyway shape or form.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #29 of 40 Old 04-20-2019, 09:50 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Rumor today that he’s claiming unintended acceleration, that the JL went full throttle on its own and he couldn’t stop it. (Audi 5000 1986....right)
He could 100% believe that. He wouldn't have any recollection of why it was going full steam, only that it was going full steam. So you couldn't really call him a lair, but my dollar says whisky throttle.

I whisky throttled an old Camaro I had years ago. Tried to let the rear step out going through some water and ended up pointed the wrong direction in the middle of the road. Since I was now pointed in the direction I had come from, it was easy to see the two beautiful swerving dark black posi traction lines come out of the water and right up to where I stopped. I don't remember holding the peddle to the floor.

Quote:
Sad that that's where we are as a society.

Kevin
post #30 of 40 Old 04-21-2019, 08:45 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich6700 View Post
My thoughts on a law suit are this, the only person that can be sued is him and here's why. The trail ride is all on you unless it is sponsored by a person or group and with that they want you to sign a waiver stating that they are not responsible in anyway shape or form.

As my attorney says, sign whatever waiver you want. I can get through them all.
post #31 of 40 Old 04-21-2019, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

No disrespect intended since this is really about the well being of those injured but , man; reading thru the linked-to JL Wrangler Forum various mentalities of these new Jeepers ( not all but a large number of them) or new to off-road JLers make me cringe a bit. Did jk people sound this silly to TJ owners ? Lord, they wanna be proving they're freakin' hardcore more than I think I've ever witnessed . It's almost as if Jeep has raised the performance bar so high these guys are beyond " winching over " or " a tug" since that might imply they aren't willing to go that extra hardcore distance. That is the sort of mindset that gets people hurt & generates negative perceptions towards an already ostracized niche % of rocksport enthusiasts. It's s relatively small group of folks that dig the technical challenge rock crawling brings . The long timers know better than to wheel proud but can handle these type of obstacles.
However the same small group of enthusiasts also know if they can't do it , then they can't do it . Nothing wrong w pulling line to get unHCed.

This absolutely reeks of whiskey throttle , Cindy Brady frozen moment happenstance....

ALASHA and rich6700 like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by j3ff3ry_j33p; 04-21-2019 at 11:18 AM.
post #32 of 40 Old 04-21-2019, 12:55 PM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
As my attorney says, sign whatever waiver you want. I can get through them all.
And he's right. A sensible effort to protect the organization but can be thrown out of court by extenuating evidence.

'09 JKRU. 4" Teraflex long arm, Teraflex R44 housing, Teraflex / Fox Resis, Poly Performance skids, Nemesis Billy Rockers, Nemesis flares, 37" ATZ P3s on 17" 5x5.5" Trailready HDs, Spyntec hubs, Teraflex BBK, Mopar BBK master/booster, Superior front & Alloy USA rear axle shafts, CTMs, Reids, Synergy drag link & tie rod, WTOR hydro-boosted steering, 5.38s, TF Dual Rate front bar, TF bumpers, Warn Powerplant, Tom Woods shafts, AA xfer case cable, Kilby canister relo, RH4x4 cage.
post #33 of 40 Old 04-23-2019, 01:58 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
And he's right. A sensible effort to protect the organization but can be thrown out of court by extenuating evidence.
Any example of someone not exercising due care would be all he needs. I can see about 4 or 5 things, just from what I have seen.

1. The path in front of the jeep was not cleared out.
2. A Case will be made that the spotter was not properly trained,
3. RR4W did not verify that the jeep met the minimum qualifications for the trail
4. The driver experience was not verified.

and on, and on, and on. It is really an awful situation all around, and those that were not even involved could be mired up in the mess.
post #34 of 40 Old 04-23-2019, 05:22 PM
Granite Guru

I think you guys are missing the point that I made earlier. EJS is an open event where only part of the event is insured. Such as the vendor area and the parking area. The trails are all on you unless you are invited to participate with a vendor on their trail ride. And with that the vendor would carry an insurance policy.

SoK66 likes this.
post #35 of 40 Old 04-24-2019, 05:10 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Any example of someone not exercising due care would be all he needs. I can see about 4 or 5 things, just from what I have seen.

1. The path in front of the jeep was not cleared out.
2. A Case will be made that the spotter was not properly trained,
3. RR4W did not verify that the jeep met the minimum qualifications for the trail
4. The driver experience was not verified.

and on, and on, and on. It is really an awful situation all around, and those that were not even involved could be mired up in the mess.
1. She was about 30 feet to the side of the Jeep. Driver was completely out of control.
2. He chose to do a side obstacle that's not actually part of the trail. No spotter
3. If your Jeep does not meet the minimum technical requirements you can't register for the trail. He had more than enough rig to meet the requirements. I led a guy over that trail in a JK Sport Unlimited who was on a 2.5" AEV lift with 33s. He made the entrie trail without a strap or winch line.
4. The rating of the trail is a 7 on a 10 point scale. Driver gets to choose and is responsible for determining if he meets the skill level requirement.

I personaly know that day's Golden Spike trail leader, he's one of the best on any Moab run. The trail ccrew is a good as it gets. This mess was created by the driver.

post #36 of 40 Old 04-24-2019, 05:37 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
1. She was about 30 feet to the side of the Jeep. Driver was completely out of control.
2. He chose to do a side obstacle that's not actually part of the trail. No spotter
3. If your Jeep does not meet the minimum technical requirements you can't register for the trail. He had more than enough rig to meet the requirements. I led a guy over that trail in a JK Sport Unlimited who was on a 2.5" AEV lift with 33s. He made the entrie trail without a strap or winch line.
4. The rating of the trail is a 7 on a 10 point scale. Driver gets to choose and is responsible for determining if he meets the skill level requirement.

I personaly know that day's Golden Spike trail leader, he's one of the best on any Moab run. The trail ccrew is a good as it gets. This mess was created by the driver.
I understand. I also hate lawyers. If the driver was doing an unauthorized obstacle, then everyone except him should be in the clear. From what i see, the driver seems a bit of a tool.
post #37 of 40 Old 05-20-2019, 11:13 AM
JKO Addict!

There is video of the accident now:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...-at-ejs.29995/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #38 of 40 Old 05-21-2019, 05:16 PM
Rock God

Whiskey throttle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2010 2 door manual sport
post #39 of 40 Old 05-22-2019, 03:29 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Rumor today that he's claiming unintended acceleration, that the JL went full throttle on its own and he couldnt stop it. (Audi 5000 1986....right)
I also heard this while at EJS, second hand, from someone that was at the scene of the accident.

LS3 2007 JKU X - Red Rock, 2012 JKU Rubicon - Deep Cherry Red, 2001 TJ - Black
post #40 of 40 Old 05-24-2019, 07:50 PM
pvanfab.com

Maybe he should have been in 4 low instead of 4 hi. Then he could have stopped before 30 feet later

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode