Aussie bucket list trip to the US of A with a difference - Page 5 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #101 of 178 Old 08-11-2018, 04:22 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
I have a tourist headed my way.
It was an absolute hoot meeting you Kevin. Thank you for taking time out to allow me to check out the the big blue girl in person and the cool conversation.
Shes going to be huge when you finish her.
The only thing bigger is that shed, Hell, you could get some serious circlework happening in there!
Cheers man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 178 Old 08-11-2018, 08:38 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodjk View Post
It was an absolute hoot meeting you Kevin. Thank you for taking time out to allow me to check out the the big blue girl in person and the cool conversation.
Shes going to be huge when you finish her.
The only thing bigger is that shed, Hell, you could get some serious circlework happening in there!
Cheers man.
Was awesome to meet you too. It's funny how a vehicle will bring people from all over the world together. Maybe the world would be a better place if everyone had a Jeep.

Your camper is cool too. Very cool.

Did you make it to Houston?

Kevin
post #103 of 178 Old 08-11-2018, 09:37 AM
Rock God

Quote:
There you go with that fucked up Australian English again ... Kevin actu'ly gets some serious circle jerk in there.

I'm the President of The White Trash of the Elwood Chapter ... and you ain't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #104 of 178 Old 08-11-2018, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOWBOY View Post
There you go with that fucked up Australian English again ... Kevin actu'ly gets some serious circle jerk in there.
Why should you have the monopoly on bastardising it?

You might get an invite if you bring your miniature woman along

Speaking of little people, is there any truth in the rumour that the million dollar tailgate costs so much because it needed to be load rated for dwarf arse?
post #105 of 178 Old 08-11-2018, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Was awesome to meet you too. It's funny how a vehicle will bring people from all over the world together. Maybe the world would be a better place if everyone had a Jeep.

Your camper is cool too. Very cool.

Did you make it to Houston?
Hey Kevin, been there done that. Im over in Austin now chilling out. Ill post up a pic later, but its a good thing that I hired a box truck, damn thing is filling up.
post #106 of 178 Old 08-11-2018, 06:11 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Hey Kevin, been there done that. Im over in Austin now chilling out. Ill post up a pic later, but its a good thing that I hired a box truck, damn thing is filling up.
Our fearless leader lives there I believe. Maybe hit him up for the grand tour.

@StubEXrube

Kevin
post #107 of 178 Old 08-11-2018, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Our fearless leader lives there I believe. Maybe hit him up for the grand tour.

@StubEXrube
Hed still be riding the honeymoon tide, wouldnt he??
post #108 of 178 Old 08-11-2018, 10:16 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Hed still be riding the honeymoon tide, wouldnt he??
I would think he and his wife would be ecstatic to meet you.

Kevin
post #109 of 178 Old 08-12-2018, 08:14 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

I got to meet our buddy Rod today! Tried to take him to a famous breakfast spot but the line was too long so we ended up in some dirty Taqueria for tacos and coffee.

Ill let him tell the tale about the rest of his time here, but it is all good. So awesome to meet you Rod! I hope at some point I can make the trek the opposite way and go enjoy some craziness on your home turf!

Enjoy your trip, keep in touch, and the space is here for you if the Jeep frees up and you need someone to keep the Camper and your goodies cool!

Marcus

Also...I sent everyone on my FB page here by link and then come over here to catch up and see that yall told everyone I carry a can of roofies around with me! 🤣🤣

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #110 of 178 Old 08-12-2018, 10:15 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

From what Ive heard Marcus, when you make the trek down under, you better not try and ship your Jeep there. Ive heard that no vehicle is allowed on Aussie soil unless it is already RHD.

2012 JKU Rubicon - Build Thread -
post #111 of 178 Old 08-12-2018, 10:45 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
From what Ive heard Marcus, when you make the trek down under, you better not try and ship your Jeep there. Ive heard that no vehicle is allowed on Aussie soil unless it is already RHD.
Yeah! He was telling me about that this morning. I would definitely want to hire a proper Australian rig to slide around in. Definitely dont want anything to do with the funnel web spiders so I will likely need to give it some time so I forget about them. Haha!

post #112 of 178 Old 08-12-2018, 10:55 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Yeah! He was telling me about that this morning. I would definitely want to “hire” a proper Australian rig to slide around in. Definitely don’t want anything to do with the funnel web spiders so I will likely need to give it some time so I forget about them. Haha!
With all the poisonous and other deadly critters down there it is no wonder they were a prison colony for the British.

post #113 of 178 Old 08-14-2018, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Id be checking. I know that US military boys have in fact shipped their vehicles there with no probs.

I might have to get a job in Aus Customs so I can be the cunt on that side
post #114 of 178 Old 08-14-2018, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
With all the poisonous and other deadly critters down there it is no wonder they were a prison colony for the British.
Yeah yeah, you good ol boys are scared of a couple of little critters are ya? Ha ha.

As for those pasty arsed British, how stupid were they? They should have left all the shit in Britain and sent the Monarchy out to the new found paradise. The dopey fucks..
post #115 of 178 Old 08-14-2018, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Ok, lets get this shit show back on track.

I left Louisiana and headed towards Houston where Dave at Brave Motorsports was holding a pallet of goodies for me. We organised a time on sat morning to meet and grab the gear. Now this fella went out of his way for me as he isn’t normally open on the weekend and to top it off, He fed me before parting ways!! Thanks a bunch Dave, much appreciated dude!!

So after leaving Dave’s joint, I thought that being only a couple of hours drive to Austin would be a cool opportunity to meet Marcus,and since my timeline was shot to shit, I’ll head that way regardless. So after a phone call to Marcus, we tee up a brunch type deal for sunday morning, cool. I’ll find a KOA around the area and base myself from there.

I get in on Saturday afternoon and set up, with that done, I check with the operators of the park for a cool local place to have a feed and a few drinks. They recommend Rainey street in town.

So off I go.....

Next morning I tee up Marcus and get ready to head into town. I looked everywhere and couldn’t find my wallet. Fuck!! How do I get replacement cards in a country where me stinking bank doesn’t exist? Not forgetting my licence, how the hell will I be able to hire another vehicle if required. Shit is turning from bad to fuckin worse...

I ring Marcus back to let him know the drama I’m facing, He’s like, all good man, my treat for breakfast and we’ll head down to where you think you may have lost it.
So after breaky, we head down and I try to remember the last place that I pulled out my wallet. Isn’t easy retracing steps after a wobbly boot...

I remember one joint and as there was a fella out the front readying the place to open, I asked had anyone handed in a wallet, so he goes inside and comes out 60 seconds later with my damn wallet in his hand!! It’s minus cash be who give a fuck over a hundred odd bucks?? It’s the cards, licence and little pics of my Princess...

Thank you Austin!!!!!

As for any word on Rubi, nothing yet. I’ll give it a couple of days and if still nothing, I’ll let them know they can pack her back up and ship her home regardless.

Last edited by Rodjk; 08-14-2018 at 08:18 PM.
post #116 of 178 Old 08-15-2018, 09:11 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Damn, that sounded like a close call. Good to know there are still some honest people out there.

Kevin
post #117 of 178 Old 08-16-2018, 06:03 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Yeah yeah, you good ol boys are scared of a couple of little critters are ya? Ha ha.

As for those pasty arsed British, how stupid were they? They should have left all the shit in Britain and sent the Monarchy out to the new found paradise. The dopey fucks..
Im a polite Cannuk, those good ole boys down south shoot all those critters, so take away their snake gun and they get nervous quick.
Rodjk likes this.

post #118 of 178 Old 08-16-2018, 08:00 PM
Granite Guru

I spoke with a friend. Turns out a right hand drive vehicle cannot be imported if it is less that 25 years old. He imports a lot of RHD stuff from Japan and never has a problem. It sounds like something that your shipper or customs broker should have known.
It is a bummer really.
post #119 of 178 Old 08-17-2018, 03:46 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az Scooter View Post
I spoke with a friend. Turns out a right hand drive vehicle cannot be imported if it is less that 25 years old. He imports a lot of RHD stuff from Japan and never has a problem. It sounds like something that your shipper or customs broker should have known.
It is a bummer really.
The exception being a non resident with the vehicle use being for personal and must not be used in a commercial capacity.

Said vehicle must depart the US within one year, or upon your departure , whichever comes first.

Im waiting on the Attorney to get back to me, but now the belief is the Hemi.
post #120 of 178 Old 08-17-2018, 05:47 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Im a polite Cannuk, those good ole boys down south shoot all those critters, so take away their snake gun and they get nervous quick.

dont yall be silly, now; if'n we ain't gots ar guns ( ) we'd jus' bites em with ar toofs...

post #121 of 178 Old 08-17-2018, 07:34 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
The exception being a non resident with the vehicle use being for personal and must not be used in a commercial capacity.

Said vehicle must depart the US within one year, or upon your departure , whichever comes first.

Im waiting on the Attorney to get back to me, but now the belief is the Hemi.
Then it might be a case of the customs agent being knowledgeable about one part of the law, but not the second part.
post #122 of 178 Old 08-22-2018, 08:46 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
dont yall be silly, now; if'n we ain't gots ar guns ( ) we'd jus' bites em with ar toofs...

Wow folks, look at that. A rare selfie from J3ff3ry!
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

post #123 of 178 Old 08-24-2018, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Time for an update to this fucking train wreck of a thread. I know a lot of fellas are interested in the going on’s here, thats’ the only reason I sit down and type this out. So fucking over it....

Ok, As you fellas know, I hired a U haul to drag my little travel trailer over to Texas and get some RCO goodies. That shit put a smile on my dial !!

So having to drop the hire rig in Houston, I rebooked another one to get me to the west coast but decided to hang for a few days as the Attorney was working his magic.

Turns out that the wrong box was ticked by the shipper and or broker in the application but Customs felt that they would sit on this and go straight to applying for seizure of vehicle. No contact with anyone to clarify any details. So for 5 weeks the application just floundered, essentially stalled even though they knew of my presence here and my details were known to them. Absolutely no intention of contact to rectify, just go straight for the throat.

Their intention was seizure with forfeiture being the end result!! Yeah, those fucks had every intention of taking my Jeep. If for any reason I couldn’t afford legal representation, I most surely be Jeepless by now. Blood , sweat, tears and years getting my Jeep sorted and due to a clerical error, she could’ve been GONESKY!!!!

So once I retained the Attorney, he got straight to work in taking the import out of the previous shippers hands and now acted for me. The vehicle was resubmitted by his associated broker. The seizure notice was nullified and was now cleared to enter.

I recieved a call from the Attorney while I was in the Houston area chilling, so I returned the hire rig ( that was bound for the west coast) back to the depot in Houston, where a did a shit load of dough as it was supposed to go to the LA depot. Over $700 bucks down the shit shute there, but I heading to the airport for the next flight back to Charleston SC.

I get to the airport where I’m informed that I can’t catch the last flight out as the girl at the desk didn’t have enough time to allow for checking my bag. Seriously, atm if it rained c*^ts, I’d get hit by an arsehole!!

Ok, I’ll chill at the airport until 03:30 where the good folk from AA will jam me into one of their pressurised tin cans for a 05:15 departure to Charleston via Charlotte. Dj vue...

I receive a phone call from the Attorney to tell me that “Rubi” has been cleared in the system as of 10:14 and she is good to pick up!! Hell Yeah!!

So Attorney dude will pick me up from the airport and take me to the Customs depot to pick her up ......
Asinine and Rb6700 like this.
post #124 of 178 Old 08-24-2018, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

So we get out to the port and no one knows where my Jeep is parked. Ok, a bit of a ring around by Attorney Dude, and weve hit a snag. Seems that even though the Jeep has been cleared ( new broker has confirmed this several times through the CBP system) one particular officer has taken exception to this and wont divulge the exact location of said Jeep. After spending several hours running around Charleston between the port and the Customs House there, Attorney Dude figures out the location so off we set.

So we lob at the warehouse where Attorney Dude presses the intercom button and speaks with the Customs officer that has taken objection to the release.
After waiting for a good 15, maybe 20 minutes at the closed door, 4 yes, 4 armed Customs officers come out and surround us to inform Attorney Dude that they wont release the Jeep and we should leave the property. Damn!! That shit was straight out of a fucking movie!!

So we hang in the car park until 5pm, Attorney Dude made several calls and sent a few emails. Fuck the standover tactics.

At the minute, Im back at the motel I stayed at on the 11th of July, waiting on a call from Attorney dude, Damn.......
post #125 of 178 Old 08-24-2018, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Attorney Dude has informed me that he has had prior dealings with these folk which culminated in the dismissal in a fellow officer. So this fuck around isn’t because they didn’t like the colour of my shirt......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode