Badlands Off Road Park - 09-18-10 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Badlands Off Road Park - 09-18-10

Some pic's from a run down to the Badlands Off Road Park. It was a fun time all in all. We camped out at a nearby campground (my first time in nearly 20-25yrs) which was almost more fun than the wheeling itself. In the group we had me and my wife in our JK's, another JK, a YJ and an Ext. Cab Dodge Ram. Needless to say I was impressed with where my buddy was able to squeeze his Dodge and how he handled it. We may not have pushed the outer limits our rig's abilities, but we had a good time and were still able to drive our junk home. There were a few oh shit moments like when my buddy almost lost his left front wheel on the ride down. Thankfully tragedy was averted and we performed the necessary surgery in a hotel parking lot. A guy from my club suffered the worst carnage blowing out a axle u-joint and then destroying his lower ball joint. After a parts run to the nearest "open" parts store 25 miles away he was able to swap get his junk bolted back up and wheel again the next day. For once I was happy I didn't suffer any damage to my rig, though my wife finally tempted fate and damaged the corner of that high quality factory plastic bumper while also trying to rip off both front fender flares.

Here are the pic's, I hope you enjoy.

Pounding in new wheel studs.

My buddy showing his thanks for the help in replacing the wheel studs.

The Group

Denied, recovered by a Dodge.

Denied, recovered by a chick in a Jeep.

YouTube - Todd denied at mud pit
Roy getting a little flexy.

My wife attempting same line. This is where she dinked the bumper and nearly tore the fender flare off.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Me spotting Roy over double hump in the quarry.

Lined up before hitting the creek.

TJ doing the obligatory poser shot.

I decided to climb over a rock, however I'm still somewhat vertically challenged to I needed a little assistance getting off of the rock.

After lunch we decided to hit Orange.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by kkuntz01; 09-22-2010 at 02:26 PM.
post #3 of 6 Old 09-21-2010, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

The trails started getting really tight. I started wondering if my buddy in his dodge was going to make it or if he'd have to turn back. Fortunately he was managed to coax his rig everywhere we went.

We ended the day at the rock garden. Unfortunately it was not a pleasant ending to the day due to TJ's carnage. It all worked out in the end I and I think he learned a lesson, make sure to keep the right sized socket on hand for pulling your axle nut off.
YouTube - TJ denied in rock garden

Other miscellaneous pic's.

Trucks serve their purpose, carrying everyones junk in the back.

Gotta love a chick that has no problem getting dirty. My and my buddies only disappointment was that we weren't there to toss our wives in the mud for some 3-way mud wrestling.

So close!

Last edited by kkuntz01; 09-21-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 09-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

great pics and vids....i like the first vid of the dodge attempting the mud hole.....did he really think he had a chance ?

|
|
post #5 of 6 Old 09-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Rock God

Wow...Looks extra muddy. Gotta love orange.

2010 Jeep Wrangler 2dr Rubicon with a part from everyone...
post #6 of 6 Old 09-22-2010, 04:39 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaJeep View Post
great pics and vids....i like the first vid of the dodge attempting the mud hole.....did he really think he had a chance ?
Actually he tried it after the guy in the YJ. He didn't get any further than the other guy, but he thought he'd give it a shot. Of course we had to give him crap about having to get a tug out by my wife in her Jeep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagrmaister View Post
Wow...Looks extra muddy. Gotta love orange.
Actually it was really dry out there. Sure there were a few places with mud, but it was mostly dusty. I was disappointed to a small extent because it took away some of the challenge, but then when I was cleaning it up I was kinda wondering what I was thinking.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode