Gulches in Waterloo, SC 9-16-17 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 10-15-2017, 07:45 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Gulches in Waterloo, SC 9-16-17

So yea - this post is a little late. But honestly I forgot about the pictures. So here are a few I took, and took off the GeorgiaTrailRiders Forum (since that was a the group I met up with).

It was a great little trip. The trails are rough, and to me - the park is horribly marked. But it might have just been the fact that it was my first trip there. But good lord, I barely knew where I was, or what trail I was on half the time. The parking lot... good luck if you are trailering your rig. Its tiny, bumpy, and super washed out clay/sand. But enough complaining, it was a fun trip.

Learned a lot out on this trip. One of the guys I met up with was Trip of @skinnypedalracing and he is a super cool dude, and he really knows what he is talking about from a wheeling standpoint. I learned the little trick of not always locking my rear when I am trying a complicated uphill climb. Since if you do it tries to lock you in - in a straight line, and can sometime throw you off when you are trying to preposition your rear approach angles. The park has a lot of natural rock formations, and trails. Which makes it have some very difficult climbs. I recommend deflating to at least 13-ish PSI. You will need every bit of surface area to help climb some of those rocks. This park does have some muddy parts as well - along with some nice little camp grounds too. if that is what you are into, but the camp grounds are no where near the parking area, so whatever you want to camp with, will need to be driven in on the Jeep or rig you are wheeling with. With a large group, you can easily spend a whole day out here. A stock Jeep could wheel here, but I would recommend some sort of lift, as well as 35s. The ground clearance on the JKUs makes some of the trails hard to climb. My Jeep was dragging... a lot. (as you can see). Now as far as the Carnage goes... since I know everyone loves hearing about that). My Jeep escaped the trail pretty good. I realized my rear axle was a hair out of line, so I bought a new rear adjustable track bar since I was using the stock. I also ripped my bumstops out. So in one of the pictures you can see me wheeling beside a green Jeep, well at one point I was attempting to climb where he was at, and I did peak, but I could not get traction, and at that time my axle was so far down, my springs became just a hair loose, and when I backed up I guess they grabbed my shitty "rubber bump stop extensions" and ripped them plum out. So I replaced them with the nice Teraflex Speed bump Stops. Ohhhh yea...A rock also jumped out in-front of me when I was backing up and screwed up my rear passenger flare. Luckly I have the OR-FAB rear corner guards, and they held up freaking great.

The worst news was that, on the way back one of the guys in our group messed his truck up, and something was out of wack with the fuel pump. So he asked if I could trailer him home. While my fiance drove my Jeep. God bless her soul she did, but she drove it all the way home in 4WD high... so my transmission is kicking a few codes and all that fun shit now. So its at the shop for that. I think it just over heated and pushed some fluid out... it was looooooow when I got home, and defiantly drove funny on the way to the shop. But all in all, it was great trip. We had a lot of fun, and I would love to try the park again, with better bump stops. Haha.

Side note, if you go here. Be prepared for some shitty ass lead trail. The main trail that goes around the entire park is do freaking washed out. If you do not have good bump stops, you will find out. Real freaking quick.
Attached Images

2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Adams driveshaft, Teraflex SpeedBumps, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
Old shit needs fixed. Facts.
Shit run off-road needs fixed. Fact.
Old shit run off-road needs fixed more often yet. Fact.

Last edited by samuelrclark; 10-15-2017 at 07:49 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-15-2017, 07:47 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Some more PITURES I forgot about. Sorry.
Attached Images

2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Adams driveshaft, Teraflex SpeedBumps, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
Old shit needs fixed. Facts.
Shit run off-road needs fixed. Fact.
Old shit run off-road needs fixed more often yet. Fact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode