Beasely Knob, GA 8/5/17 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-07-2017, 10:23 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Beasely Knob, GA 8/5/17

So, after living in the area for about a year. We finally made the whole 30 minute drive to Beasely Knob to go off-roading. It was a lot of fun. It is defiantly not the most technical trail that I have ever been on, but it is a lot of fun. I would recommend it to people who have not done a lot of off-roading, and don't have a ton of experience with recovery (since there are not a ton of rocks to get stuck on). It has a lot of steep hills though to climb. You could drive a stock JKU through it, but you might be dragging on a few spots. Luckily it would be mud, dirt rather than rocks though.

The biggest issue there, is the fact that most of the trail is red clay. As long as it has not rained a tremendous amount in the past 3 days, and is sunny its quite enjoyable. We stayed out for ~7hours and did probably ~80% of the trail. They have updated it some since the map that is posted below, added some trails and circled back some of the dead end trails.

All in all, it is a decent trail. If anyone is up this way let me know and I would be more than happy to show you around.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/conf...a/?recid=10533
Attached Images

2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Adams driveshaft, Teraflex SpeedBumps, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry0071 View Post
Old shit needs fixed. Facts.
Shit run off-road needs fixed. Fact.
Old shit run off-road needs fixed more often yet. Fact.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-07-2017, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

that is super, @samuelrclark
Want to know something funny? Saturday I got a test mssg from my Mom who was in the car with my father driving in the Blairsville area and it stated,"
Just saw a group of Jeeps like yours ( JKs, she meant) headed for what looked like the Knob; you should have been here THIS weekend, ha! Love, Mom.."
So I am gonna guess it was you guys.

Glad you got to go. The end and top of the good rock garden is where that 3rd from last photo was taken; you can see why with a dead GoPro and only my phone why i was not able to get a good video of myself upon that sucker, huh? lol...
We hopefully will get to go together this Fall. Good pix!
I know that Chevron station!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 08-08-2017, 05:27 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
that is super, @samuelrclark
Thanks! It was a lot of fun. We should defiantly plan a ride out here together sometime. Sorry for bailing on you last time, but I was getting the axles installed that you see in the pics installed. I am extremely happy with the set up. Didn't mess to much up except I ripped part of the boot off my front drive shaft... not exactly sure how that happened. But its on in the install list now. Haha.

2008 JKU, ProComps, 35 Kevlar MT/R's, Dana 44s, locked, 5.13, Artic Trusses, RCVs, all types of OR-Fab stuff, PIAA's, 2.5in Suspension lift, Adams driveshaft, Teraflex SpeedBumps, Warn Winch and some other goodies...

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-08-2017, 05:36 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuelrclark View Post
Thanks! It was a lot of fun. We should defiantly plan a ride out here together sometime. Sorry for bailing on you last time, but I was getting the axles installed that you see in the pics installed. I am extremely happy with the set up. Didn't mess to much up except I ripped part of the boot off my front drive shaft... not exactly sure how that happened. But its on in the install list now. Haha.
those hills and whoops will really stretch your suspension and shock or stock driveshaft boots beyond their limit . Also, while no major boulderfield, the top of 93F or end of 93B has that 2-3' right wheel riser ledge at the very top / end and will scrape or twist the DS over into the transmission pan on autos or just have an outcrop rip the boot. I've done it there, even cased my WOOD'S front to slightly get over into my edge of tranny pan ....that place works out a suspension . It would be scary as hell to get caught up on that Knob if it started raining . You literally wouldn't get down without sliding out of control. We will get to go together. Glad your upgrades were good to ya!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-09-2017, 05:07 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
those hills and whoops will really stretch your suspension and shock or stock driveshaft boots beyond their limit . Also, while no major boulderfield, the top of 93F or end of 93B has that 2-3' right wheel riser ledge at the very top / end and will scrape or twist the DS over into the transmission pan on autos or just have an outcrop rip the boot. I've done it there, even cased my WOOD'S front to slightly get over into my edge of tranny pan ....that place works out a suspension . It would be scary as hell to get caught up on that Knob if it started raining . You literally wouldn't get down without sliding out of control. We will get to go together. Glad your upgrades were good to ya!

Pretty sure its the end of 93B that you are talking about, yea - mine dragged right there. I just ordered a new Adams front drive shaft last night. So that should fix that problem, now I just need a rear one too. Haha.

But yea, that place would be very dangerous when its wet. Fun none the less. I am wanting to do Windrock Park, TN next. I am wanting to start the Jeep Badge of Honor thing if I can. As cheesy as it sounds.

Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode