Rubicon and Advanced Adapters Steps Up - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 09-03-2010, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Rubicon and Advanced Adapters Steps Up

I really didn't know where to put this.

I just wanted to say that Advanced Adapters is the best company I've ever dealt with period! They're standing behind their product, and standing behind me!

The Story...

Wife and I went out west to do the Rubicon with a buddy and his wife. Shipped the Jeeps to Santa Monica, stay a couple days.

Do the PCH for a couple days up to San Fran.

SF for a couple days then hit the Rubicon for a couple of days. Stay in Reno a couple days with my brother and his family. Then start heading East with a one day stop in Moab.

Rubicon was all I expected it to be, and nothing like I imagined. I could have spent many more days there easy. The wives even drove my Jeep through the Big Sluice.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 09-03-2010, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage
Rubicon and Advanced Adapters Steps Up

Camping was great, the wheelers were great, all was great until the end of the Rubicon. Right after Cadillac Hill, I went to shift the planetary back into high and it would not go. It would just blow the fuse. (Which had been normal every 4th or 5th time) I only had 5 5amp fuses left, so after the third try I left it in low and made my way slowly to South Lake Tahoe.

I check into a Hotel call my brother and sister-in-law to tell them what's going on. They had been expecting my wife and I. The sister-in-law calls John at Banged Up Offroad. He's engaged to my sister-in-laws niece. John thinks we're still on the trail and is about to come get us. This is at 9:00 PM! I don't need that, jeep moves, it's just the T-Case just ain't right. I'm tired and I look and feel like Pig Pen so I call it a night.

Next day I talk to John, he asks me everything I already did and has me call Advanced Adapters. I get on the phone with Steve Roberts from Advanced Adapters. He has me try to pull the actuator off, but that ain't happening. I can tell I'm going to strip the hex with the limited amount of space I have above the T-Case in the parking lot of the hotel. I give up again call John and and tell him I'm going to need a trailer.

John gets off his day job at 9 PM and I say that's fine, South Tahoe is nice. But Tony volunteers to come out and get us. They all live in Reno so it's like an hour and twenty minutes out.

We get it in the shop work on it some. John has already talked to Advanced Adapters. John and Tony get the actuator pulled off. (If you ever have to do this, It's way easier to pull the pin instead of trying to unscrew the bolt.) Get it into high and there is this grinding noise. Man that ain't good. Call it a night again and go to my brothers for a beer.

I get up and wait for Advanced Adapters to open so I can call Steve. He and John have already talked and it ain't good. Not good at all.

Pull the 4-Speed looking into what plan C is going to be. Plan B was a new front Axle or anything else that I might break. I did not even contemplate the Atlas giving out on me. Need a new T-Case and lengthen the rear drive shaft, get this one T-case rebuilt, or just put it on a truck and ship it home.

This is where Advanced Adapters stepped up. They got me a loaner T-case off the line and had it in Reno in two days. It's a 2-Speed. (The 4-speeds are being redesigned) When the new 4-speeds come out, they are shipping me a new one and they get the 2-speed back. Steve was there for any questions I had installing the loaner T-case while John was at work. Tony Helped get the T-case on and John worked on it every night when he got to the shop. Steve even gave me a number to call over the weekend if I ran into any problems on the way home.

My Jeep's at home now, not sitting on a trailer on it's way home, all thanks to Advanced Adapters, Steve, John and Tony from Banged Up Offroad and my brother.
post #3 of 15 Old 09-10-2010, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

A Little more time to add some more pics.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 Old 09-10-2010, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

A couple more

Last edited by edivebuddy; 09-10-2010 at 11:54 AM.
post #5 of 15 Old 09-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Rock God

WOW! Big props to AA.

The pics are awesome btw.

V8 YJ/TJ hybrid on tons
post #6 of 15 Old 09-10-2010, 12:14 PM
JKO Addict!

Some damn good customer service right there.
post #7 of 15 Old 09-10-2010, 12:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

Awesome! Love to hear stories like that!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 15 Old 09-10-2010, 12:21 PM
Rock God

Garage

Awesome pics and great story! Kudos to AA for their Quality Customer Service!

'07 2 door Rubicon Steel Blue & Black 2 Tone
PROUD to be an
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 15 Old 09-10-2010, 12:47 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.

and here i thought i was the only one who enjoyed clubbing some seals on my vacations

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #10 of 15 Old 09-11-2010, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

I've had good and great customer service plenty of times. This just stood out as way beyond just customer service.

As to clubing of seals, the bull seal must have been as big as my jeep. I'd have needed bigger balls to get close.

I broke some things on this trip and I expexted that. Sector shaft is twisted (I ordered an EVO brace, something must have happened to the order, never got it)

I ripped off a valve stem. I split a wheel, not the tire, the wheel. DC-2 wheels have no place on the Rubicon.

I've got a lot more deep pin stripping. Wife says it adds character.

I bent the crap out of a control arm bracket. Stuff happens.

The one thing I kind of wanted to break did not. My Dana 30. I told the wife I was not going to get stupid and try to break it, but I thought with a Hemi, 35's and locked it would not last this long.

I was glad I put a new air filter on. The dust is just unbelievable. Like talc.

I have an edgestar fridge. It worked and was a great thing to have.

I'd do it all again tomorrow if I could only get the time off.
post #11 of 15 Old 09-13-2010, 08:51 PM
Granite Guru

We've been buying from AA for over 25 years and currently have the Rubicrawler installed in the JK.

Great company, great products, and great customer service

For those on FB-they've got a page and are constantly keeping you updated on sales and up and coming events.

08 JKUR 6.5" lift, 40" MTR's ...
post #12 of 15 Old 10-03-2010, 09:18 PM
JKO Addict!

Great read and adventure. Thumbs up to Advanced Adapters. That's one for the memory book.
post #13 of 15 Old 10-03-2010, 10:07 PM
The Wheelin Man's Friend

Garage

Wow...awesome story and support there!

I thought those seals were dead.

post #14 of 15 Old 10-03-2010, 10:39 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverCityOffroad View Post
Wow...awesome story and support there!

I thought those seals were dead.
There were a couple of seals playing in the water, but they were too far away to get any real pics of them.
post #15 of 15 Old 10-14-2010, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Garage

Here's a pic of the bent sector shaft

Name:  IMG_20101014_114701.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  60.8 KB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode