Anyone do Sierra Trek with Cal4wd this year. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 08-18-2010, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Anyone do Sierra Trek with Cal4wd this year.

I hope to have my rubi ready for that run next year (need my Rockrawler lift and 35's). I would like to know how people liked it and how it was ran.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 08-20-2010, 12:04 AM
Granite Guru

Didn't run it this year, ran it last year and many times before. All the volunteer groups do a great job putting this together. This is a popular event, and major fundraiser for CA4WDC. If you want to have less traffic on the trail I recommend the Thursday run, once you've run the trail a few times the Star Trek run is the best, only 25 vehicle running the trail in the wee hours of the morning.

This is a great opportunity to run this trail all the way through without having to cross the river at full flow. Meals are great, and there is plenty of music and time to socialize.

Fordyce trail is less than an hour from my home and we run it frequently, but we still enjoy running the trail as a group and meeting up with old friends and making some new ones.

08 JKUR 6.5" lift, 40" MTR's ...
post #3 of 7 Old 08-20-2010, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Thanks for the info i just moved here to Colfax, CA a couple of months ago. Hope to be ready for that run and Rubicon next year (with both being a stone throw away).

Last edited by Corruptsoul; 08-20-2010 at 12:20 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 08-09-2011, 09:09 PM
Wheeler

Garage
heading up thursday

this is also my first time going up...being only in Ca for about 3 years. look forward to meeting new jeepers

2010 JK sahara unlimited
4"pro comp lift side resivour shocks, 35 nitto all terrain mud tires,dual A Pillar gauge pod,bully dog tuner,10000lb winch,pro comp teflon rims, smittybuilt rear bumper, 5.13 gears,AEM brute force intake, teraflex diff covers, rugged ridge frontbumper with storage ends, almost heated seats, JKS sway bar dissconects.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-09-2011, 10:41 PM
Granite Guru

Ran up to Meadow Lake last night and dropped off our RV. We'll be Rockin into the Night on friday

post #6 of 7 Old 08-10-2011, 07:57 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to sierram37
Have Fun

We are not running Fordyce with the Trek run but will be up at Kingvale this weekend not far away. Have a great time and hope they get the water down in Fordyce Creek for you. With such a late winter, at that altitude the mosquitoes are going to be man eating flesh eaters so be prepared. They are hungry, like the bears are so expect them as well. Have a great time.

Placerville, CA - Home of the Rubicon Trail
1952 M-37 Army Truck -
2007 Jeep Rubicon
2012 Ford Escape AWD
post #7 of 7 Old 08-10-2011, 08:43 AM
Granite Guru

Mosquitos were HUGE @ Meadow Monday night and it was pretty cold, 52 degress at 8pm.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode