JKOwners Forum banner

Anyone do Sierra Trek with Cal4wd this year.

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Brigitta 
#1 ·
I hope to have my rubi ready for that run next year (need my Rockrawler lift and 35's). I would like to know how people liked it and how it was ran.

#2 ·
Didn't run it this year, ran it last year and many times before. All the volunteer groups do a great job putting this together. This is a popular event, and major fundraiser for CA4WDC. If you want to have less traffic on the trail I recommend the Thursday run, once you've run the trail a few times the Star Trek run is the best, only 25 vehicle running the trail in the wee hours of the morning.

This is a great opportunity to run this trail all the way through without having to cross the river at full flow. Meals are great, and there is plenty of music and time to socialize.

Fordyce trail is less than an hour from my home and we run it frequently, but we still enjoy running the trail as a group and meeting up with old friends and making some new ones.

#4 ·
heading up thursday

this is also my first time going up...being only in Ca for about 3 years. look forward to meeting new jeepers:beer:

#6 ·
Have Fun

We are not running Fordyce with the Trek run but will be up at Kingvale this weekend not far away. Have a great time and hope they get the water down in Fordyce Creek for you. With such a late winter, at that altitude the mosquitoes are going to be man eating flesh eaters so be prepared. They are hungry, like the bears are so expect them as well. Have a great time. :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.