Poly Performance Rubicon Run. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 08-18-2010, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Poly Performance Rubicon Run.

I was waiting for others to post this because I got almost no pix.... but I guess I'll start and hope others will add thier pix. Really want to see my submarine pix (whoever got em)!!

I'd like to say a BIG thanks to PP... we had an awesome group, perfect size, and awesome trail leaders on and off the trail!!! Would love to wheel with ya'll again!

here's my Rubicon blog that I posted....

"The drive up there is beautiful... Kate and I took the back roads (395 into the mountains). Camped out right near Tahoe. Then we met up with a few JKO guys and Poly Performance guys. The trail is awesome!!! On the first day we ran the trail to buck island (or something like that). Ran up the wall on big sluice - which reminded me a lot of Moab. Then we ran Old Sluice - IMO the most fun obstacle on the con and were I earned the nickname "Crazy Ivan" from the guys. At one section it gets Extremely offcamber!! I was with two VERY built TJ's and a JK on 40s. The drivers all looked scared when I was watching them do an offcamber part... And I'm thinking it's nothing... Then I get on the part and I though I'm Def. Going over!!!! But we made it! Then on the second day we had a short run to Rubicon springs. What a beautiful spot! Kate was swimming and sun-bathing the entire day. So I snuck off with my JK while she wasn't watching and went to look for some deep water!.... Finally got my New JK into deep water.... and got stuck in the water!!! While I was waiting for someone to winch me out the JK felt like it was sinking a bit... and the water was already at the level of my bestop element doors... most of th shifter was underwater.... and water is still in my headlights. But I got out.... and didn't back down.... I decided to drive fast through the water and made splashes 20-25 feet high!!!.... that was awesome!... and my JK was named "Red October" by the guys. Came back to Camp and had Kate get upset at me for getting all the seats totally wet (and all the Marlboro's since the center dash was completely under water)! The third day was fun going up Eldorado... not too challanging but some pucker factor - your doing technical obstacles and one foot from your passanger tire is a 70 degree hill drop! Then the drive home.... I have the bestop element doors (they are almost as good as the stock halfs)... It was funny... We took mountain passes to 395 from tahoe to Claremont. The door uppers and the bestop safari top were all packed in the trunk.... As we were driving through the mountains it started to drizzle a bit.. We thought "not a big deal... It'll pass".... Then it started pouring!! We decided to keep driving because we'll get more wet and cold by stopping to put the uppers and top on.... Figuring we'll drive past the weather faster then taking time to stop. Then it dropped from 70 degrees to 50 fast and it started HAILING!!! Katy was in the passenger seat with a towel over her head and I'm trying to drive fast to pass the hail... And I'm wiping the inside of my windshield every ten seconds... The damn hail hurt!... but hey, it's a Jeep thing! "

the few pix that we took....

The JK's....

the guys....

the girls ...

www.californiasurveillanceinvestigators.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by OlegRock;511917i
I was with two VERY built TJ's and a JK on 40s.

Correction: A CJ7 and a YJ

Name:  100_3072b.jpg
Views: 4011
Size:  193.3 KB

Please meeting you Crazy Ivan! Your Jeep was very impressive in the Old Sluice.
-the guy in the YJ

My buggy wishes it had 4 doors

Last edited by IV WHLN; 08-18-2010 at 09:48 PM. Reason: text
post #3 of 8 Old 08-21-2010, 12:03 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Oh hell yeah! Great rigs, cute chicks, bitchen trail. You sir, get a full 100 points

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-22-2010, 11:53 PM

It was great meeting everyone. A special thanks from Polyperformance for letting me borrow the 2D JK for the run.
Here is a shot of the "Red October" playing at Rubicon Springs...
Attached Images

Last edited by Dirt-Fab; 08-23-2010 at 12:00 AM.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-23-2010, 12:01 AM

A couple more pics....
Attached Images

post #6 of 8 Old 08-26-2010, 10:48 AM
JKO Addict!

There's Red October. Glad you guys got a pic. Looks like Oleg has the fishing line out too.
post #7 of 8 Old 08-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Granite Guru

Nice!

Congratulations on your promotion to U-Boat Commander!
post #8 of 8 Old 08-29-2010, 09:56 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Sweet!

2014 Rubicon on the build!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode