Badlands July 2010 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 07-27-2010, 10:16 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Badlands July 2010

I went to the Badlands with what was supposed to be the GLJT crew. Unfortunately, the club decided to cancel the trip, but a few guys showed up. BP, Cotterpin, Filthybeast, and myself. We had a great time. Here's the pics!

Nice and clean at the campsite. Jeep does not know what's in store for her.

The group.

Ooops...BP's trying to dump oil in other ecosystems other than the ocean.

A little rock climbing.

Here's the AEV kit working at full flex...........

Going over double-bump.

This guy was going to have a real bad day until we showed up...Superwinch saves Jeeps...

2010 Jeep Wrangler 2dr Rubicon with a part from everyone...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-27-2010, 10:17 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

More...

I was so close!!!!

Waiting for the other guys to come pose with me. This is what we call baby flex. I wish I would've parked where the other guys were to show some real flex, but I just kind of went up it and waited for them.

Posing.

The final outcome.

All in all, a great run and these guys made me feel comfortable because of the capability of their rigs and knowledge in wheeling. We hit up orange, white, the quarry, came down the creek, and played in Pink...er...Red a little bit. Nice job for a newbie I think, and I popped my dent cherry against a tree on the driver side windshield frame. Had a blast, and I can't wait to go on another run.

post #3 of 5 Old 07-27-2010, 10:02 PM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Looks like a fun run. Great looking JK. I like the mix of Jeeps that you had, the XJ, YJ, TJ and your JK. Very cool.

Oh, did the XJ have to do much to get goig again after getting the motor under water?

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 07-28-2010, 08:50 AM Thread Starter
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXASKEV View Post
Looks like a fun run. Great looking JK. I like the mix of Jeeps that you had, the XJ, YJ, TJ and your JK. Very cool.

Oh, did the XJ have to do much to get goig again after getting the motor under water?
He turned off his motor after getting it out, and then had a problem getting it started again. A coil was wet. Cotterpin (with the YJ) had onboard air, so he just used it to blow out the water. The XJ started up after a few minutes of messing around with it.

It was definitely cool having the different models of Jeeps out there, because each was built and they were all similar in capability. We didn't spend much time doing recoveries, so it was more time wheeling and less fixing/saving.

post #5 of 5 Old 07-28-2010, 09:50 PM
Granite Guru

Great pics. I really like the looks of your rig.
Looks like a fun place to wheel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode