Northeast MAINE Summer Trail Ride (July 17&18) - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 108 Old 07-18-2010, 09:15 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to .:eMETAL:. Send a message via Yahoo to .:eMETAL:.
Northeast MAINE Summer Trail Ride (July 17&18)

2010 NORTHEAST JKO MAINE WEEKEND
OFFICIAL PICTURE THREAD

Post your July Maine trail ride pictures here...

stay tuned here for all of the footage and shots taken

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by .:eMETAL:.; 07-18-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 108 Old 07-18-2010, 09:32 PM
JKO Addict!

Garage

cant wait

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Everyone else can BLOW themselves cause im bad as FUCK!
post #3 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 07:35 AM
Rock God

Garage

Do I have to be the one to say this?

Jersey
Crew
JK retired Wednesday, March 21st, 2012.
07 X 6spd • Clayton 3.5 • OME LT • ORE Gussets/Sleeves • RCV Shafts • JKS Discos & Track • AEV Snorkel • FLW Rear Bumper • RRF Front• PSC Sliders • RROR Skids • Poly P. Ball Joints• Wood's Shafts• Yukon Gears • Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers • Superwinch epi9• Safari Straps
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 07:42 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

cant wait to see the vids E, so mad i didnt make it sounds like all went well so whens the next one
post #5 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

i took mostly vids but someone will chime in soon after they wake up from a long trip back last night.

ok so the little pictures i have...

sniper41 stuffin it big time!

Remember to support our great Vendors here at JKO when purchasing your Jeep goods!

post #6 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 09:21 AM
Rock God

Looks like you guys had a good turn out! I figured it'd be snowing already that far north! Haha.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #7 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 09:24 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to sniper41

I've got pics uploading right now, 111 to be exact so it may be a minute or two, I'll post up some of the best ones and then try and copy the link to my photo bucket for the whole shabang- why the hell am I up right now after rolling in at 5:30 in the AM, only 9 hrs back thanks to that damn bridge that garmin sent up to again!!!! Pics soon!

Doug 08 4dr X 6 spd Det Yellow
You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
Crew
post #8 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 09:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper41 View Post
I've got pics uploading right now, 111 to be exact so it may be a minute or two, I'll post up some of the best ones and then try and copy the link to my photo bucket for the whole shabang- why the hell am I up right now after rolling in at 5:30 in the AM, only 9 hrs back thanks to that damn bridge that garmin sent up to again!!!! Pics soon!
Glad you made it back safe and sound! Only took me and the son 8hrs taking the Tapenzee in lieu of the other bridge we can't name ever again.....Traffic was backed up for miles northbound at 1:00 a.m. just north of 287/295 meet up in NY-
post #9 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 09:42 AM
JKO Addict!

Also need to throw out a great job well done to Paramaniac a.k.a. McGyver for his awesome trail trac bar repair on Eric's rig. Still can't believe it just popped apart like that. Met some very nice locals at Moody's Diner on our way out of town. Best strawberry pie I have had in some time. Thanks again Eric for the suggestion!!
post #10 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 09:51 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

now for my breakage...

On Saturdays trail ride i started hearing a little clank but finished the day out.

Sunday the clank wasn't there so i figured it must have been something that was in the jeep on saturday that i had taken out for sunday. but that was not the case.

After it becoming a real annoyance to me i took a look under the beast and found my driver side lower control arm jam nut loose. well i cranked it back up tight and all seemed good until i started hearing it again.

so we stop for a quick second to check everything out under the rear again and Nick (paramaniac) notices the jam nut on the track bar had backed it way off. so with a couple turns i get it snug but it then the nut breaks loose. GREAT! so after a few more tries i get it snug to the point of not over tightening it. Nick and i then proceed to apply a couple layers of electrical tape and then a hose clamp on the back side of the jam nut to prevent it from working its way back again.

well we hit the trail again and ALL IS GOOD! no noise no nothing! awesome!

spoke too soon... i went through a rough puddle with some rocks that shook the jeep resulting in the noise coming back. i quickly stop to check out our quick trail fix and the clamp is still in place but the track bar is now completely separated from the johnny joint and laying on the axle. hmmmmmm sooooooooooooooooo

the johnny joints threads are stripped like crazy!

Nick and I debate the situation and Nick comes up with at plan. we use a ratchet strap and some man power to push and pull the body into place above the axle. then Nick removed the johnny joint while Fklein6768 mixed up some JBweld.

the plan moved forward as some JBweld was then applied to the threads and the johnny joint installed back into the track bar and reinstalled the trackbar into place. we tightened the ratchet strap up and tied all loose ends up with a few knots and the masterpiece was put together.

well it made some noise for the rest of the trail but i was able to limp out and drive back to camp and then later limp back home without any further complications. time to contact Teraflex.

BUT... I HAVE TO SEND MAJOR THANKS TO NICK (paramaniac) FOR JUMPING RIGHT IN AND HELPING OUT WITH THE MACGYVER ROLL.

post #11 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fklein6768 View Post
Also need to throw out a great job well done to Paramaniac a.k.a. McGyver for his awesome trail trac bar repair on Eric's rig. Still can't believe it just popped apart like that. Met some very nice locals at Moody's Diner on our way out of town. Best strawberry pie I have had in some time. Thanks again Eric for the suggestion!!
awesome! glad you had a great time! Moody's is a great place to go for pie i have to agree.

and that trackbar simply amazed me... and the fix too! at least it was an easy diagnosis and not something like gears.

post #12 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 10:12 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Some pics:

You are a load that should have been swallowed, but someone as bitter as you are probably would have been spat out. Ahh Dancin Dan
Jersey
Crew
post #13 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 10:16 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Jersey
Crew
post #14 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 10:18 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Jersey
Crew
post #15 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 10:21 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

This last one summs it all Eric

Jersey
Crew
post #16 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 10:29 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Here's the complete 111 photo album:

http://s1004.photobucket.com/albums/...20July%202010/

Jersey
Crew
post #17 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 10:34 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

I'll have some pics later, guys. I'm beat.

Pulled into the driveway this morning around 0500 after a couple minutes under 8 hours driving and just less than an hour stopped time.

Downed 2 bottles of 5 hour energy and countless Mt Dews to make it that far.

Had a great time except for my brainfart on the arrival at camp on Sunday. Sorry to have added that to an enjoyable weekend. I really need to think before I act. Brainfarts suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
Killing kids is a disgrace, i don't care how little they are.

post #18 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper41 View Post
This last one summs it all Eric

damn straight!

you did a great job with your rig Doug... and kudos to Pete... he's one hell of a spotter!

post #19 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Garage

did anyone get pics of Saturday nights feast? or did we mow em down too quickly?

post #20 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 10:41 AM
JKO Addict!

Good stuff Doug/Barb-Can't wait to see the vids!
post #21 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Rock God

Garage

Now we're talkin! That place looks AWESOME. Really wish I could have made the trip up with you guys. I would guess it is safe to say that there will be another Maine run next year (or sooner). Can't wait to see more pics and vids. Nice job guys (and girls).

Jersey
Crew
JK retired Wednesday, March 21st, 2012.
07 X 6spd • Clayton 3.5 • OME LT • ORE Gussets/Sleeves • RCV Shafts • JKS Discos & Track • AEV Snorkel • FLW Rear Bumper • RRF Front• PSC Sliders • RROR Skids • Poly P. Ball Joints• Wood's Shafts• Yukon Gears • Maxxis Kreepy Krawlers • Superwinch epi9• Safari Straps
post #22 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 11:22 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:. View Post
damn straight!

you did a great job with your rig Doug... and kudos to Pete... he's one hell of a spotter!
Absolutely Eric, I was saying to Barb this morning that if it weren't for Pete's spotting I would have never made it down that face and it's a really good thing I didn't know that Jeremy was the only other one to do that side before I was taken down that-lol!

We have some really great vids too, I'm working on them now, some are really long so I'll have to do some chopping but I should have quite a few others up soon, just looking at them right now to see what we have, we got 28 vids!

There were some pics of the feast but I don't know who was taking them and the flash wasn't on- they are in the photo album.

Jersey
Crew
post #23 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 11:27 AM
Granite Guru

Send a message via MSN to JTs-JK Send a message via Yahoo to JTs-JK

looks like it was a great trip and I wish I could have been there
JT
post #24 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 11:32 AM
Rock God

Great pics guys! I didn't realize maine had mountains!

emetal, you're lucky it didn't break on the highway for you! Things like that happen more often than you think... it's caused by not keeping/making sure jam nuts are fully tightened at all times. It doesn't take much time to strip the threads out if there isn't a preload on them. Glad you were able to make it out & great fix with the JB weld! Haha.

'08 Unlimited Sahara - Hemi -
Long Arm CoilOver - RockJock 60 Front - Tera CRD60 Rear - Hutchinsons & 37" Kevlar MT/R's -
Fenders & Rockers -
Bumpers - Ramsey 9500UT - WTOR Hydro Assist - Etc.
post #25 of 108 Old 07-19-2010, 11:46 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage
Send a message via AIM to paramaniac

took the LONG way home last night... down the coast, hit a few of the small towns then went through Boston... avoided the bridge that shall remain unnamed and made it in exactly 12 hours.

just woke up and will get to pics once i get moving again.

i have a few shots of the bugs in the pots, but im pretty sure we were all too busy eating to take pics!

Eric, thanks for a great weekend, glad i could help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode