Schofield Pass and Lead King Basin, Colorado - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By scubatech

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 Old 07-31-2016, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Schofield Pass and Lead King Basin, Colorado

Quick little day trip from Grand Junction, went up to Collbran and hit the dirt, taking Buzzard Divide over to McClure Pass then down to Kebler Pass (dirt road again) to Crested Butte. From there we went towards Schofield Pass, driving past the amazing Turquoise Lake. Schofield isn't super challenging (didn't need lockers), but it is high-risk with the road being very narrow and loose. Many vehicles have tumbled down to the creek below, a couple 4x4's did just last week matter of fact! We dropped into the Devils Punchbowl, then into the tiny town of Crystal and the amazing Crystal Mill. From there we finished up Schofield, then headed up Lead King Basin real quick. Ran into a friend on the trail, then boogied to Marble, CO where we aired up the tires and headed to dinner in Glenwood Springs!

There was a LOT of traffic on the trail yesterday, more than I've ever seen. It was pretty frustrating as these trails are two way and there's not a lot of room for passing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
['12 JKUR | Automatic | 3" TeraFlex Outback Suspension, Alpine long arms, Falcon shocks | 35" BFG KO2's | Warn Zeon 8 | Truck-Lite Headlights and Rigid D2's]

It's hard to beat a full tank of fuel and a desire for adventure!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 07-31-2016, 07:27 PM
Granite Guru

That's beautiful! I haven't been on that trail in 20 years.

2014 JKU, red, 2.5" AEV lift,6.4L VVT, 35" Duratrac's. 4.10, Gen Right bumpers, VR 8000 winch, Pro Rock 44.
post #3 of 8 Old 07-31-2016, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubatech View Post
That's beautiful! I haven't been on that trail in 20 years.
It's truly one of Colorado's gems! Hopefully the video refreshed your memory.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
['12 JKUR | Automatic | 3" TeraFlex Outback Suspension, Alpine long arms, Falcon shocks | 35" BFG KO2's | Warn Zeon 8 | Truck-Lite Headlights and Rigid D2's]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 Old 08-01-2016, 08:27 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It's truly one of Colorado's gems! Hopefully the video refreshed your memory.
It did! Last time we went there we worked our way over to Pearl Pass and dropped down into the Aspen area. Pearl was a lot of fun too.
[email protected] likes this.

2014 JKU, red, 2.5" AEV lift,6.4L VVT, 35" Duratrac's. 4.10, Gen Right bumpers, VR 8000 winch, Pro Rock 44.
post #5 of 8 Old 08-08-2016, 10:19 PM
Wheeler

Thanks for posting such a beautiful video. Makes me want to toss the honey-do list and get out there!

Mike B. in Watsonville Ca.
post #6 of 8 Old 08-09-2016, 08:06 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by justice2015 View Post
Thanks for posting such a beautiful video. Makes me want to toss the honey-do list and get out there!
Awesome, Mike! The wife will understand...

post #7 of 8 Old 08-22-2016, 06:13 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Nice video. I love the drone stuff. The last time I was over Schofield was 1982. It doesn't look like it has changed much, other than being more crowded. I guess that's true with all Colorado trails. Maybe they should make Schofield one way.

2010 Unlimited Rubicon

post #8 of 8 Old 08-22-2016, 07:29 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubic0n View Post
Nice video. I love the drone stuff. The last time I was over Schofield was 1982. It doesn't look like it has changed much, other than being more crowded. I guess that's true with all Colorado trails. Maybe they should make Schofield one way.
Thanks!

Yeah, one way would be nice... especially at certain points!I have never seen so much traffic up there, it was a bit much.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode