Colorado Trip.. Need suggestions - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 Old 06-30-2010, 02:18 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Colorado Trip.. Need suggestions

I am taking my first trip in the jeep and going to Colorado Springs the first week in august. I was hoping you guys could suggest some mild trails and other things to do and see. oh and I cant stand heights. it should be interesting..

07 Jeep Green Unlimited
3.5"RE,AEVHood,SPOD,BW flatfenders,ARB OBA, JKS discos, Adj UCA's,Evo sleeves,Gussetts,17"procomp7005's, 37WildPeakAt's,SmittyBilt XRC front and rear,XRC 8000 comp series w/synthetic line, Flomaster 40,6" KC lights,8" KC rally lights, Kenwood 8120, Morel Dotech components, fosgate t6 amps, Fosgate 10's,Painted interior trim,grill inserts,Coast 1310DS,ARB onboard air,wind deflectors,DupliColor Bed lined top
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-30-2010, 02:20 PM
Rock God

Traildamage.com

'09 4dr Rubi Detonator Yellow
35x12.5x17 BFG KM2s they SUCK!
Rugged Ridge XHD bumper Warn 9.5ti
3.5 Mid arm Rock Krawler
Finally 5.13s
post #3 of 7 Old 07-01-2010, 11:28 AM
JKO Addict!

Not so much a Jeep or an off road excursion, BUT I would definitely recommend taking some time out to see Garden of the Gods. It's a park in Colorardo Springs that has some nice scenery. The wife and I got married there coming up two years ago.

Other than that, if you have not checked it out, be sure to check out the Colorado Springs Tourism Site for other things to see and do.

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 07-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Rock God

You hate heights and wnat to wheel in CO?

Some easy trails down that way: Mt Baldy is a very easy trail that will get you back up on some dirt roads into the mountains.

If you wnat some people to take you out to do some wheeling, post up in the CO section. There are a few guys down that way, and some of us up in Denver area that get out.

Alos, log onto Funtreks and buy the Charles Wells Book for CO Backroads and Trails book. That will keep you busy and has many trails setup by difficulty and area.

2016 JKU
post #5 of 7 Old 07-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tail Rated View Post
You hate heights and wnat to wheel in CO?

Some easy trails down that way: Mt Baldy is a very easy trail that will get you back up on some dirt roads into the mountains.

If you wnat some people to take you out to do some wheeling, post up in the CO section. There are a few guys down that way, and some of us up in Denver area that get out.

Alos, log onto Funtreks and buy the Charles Wells Book for CO Backroads and Trails book. That will keep you busy and has many trails setup by difficulty and area.
If you buy the book spend the extra $ for the wire bound version. It's great that it will lay flat!

2009 JK Rubicon Unlimited. Rock Hard skids, Skidrow Control Arm Skids, Shrockworks bumpers. Pro Comp 2" Puck Lift.
post #6 of 7 Old 07-08-2010, 10:46 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Kickerman View Post
If you buy the book spend the extra $ for the wire bound version. It's great that it will lay flat!

I did the same thing after going through two of the ragualr bound books for Moab and CO. Than I replaced with the spiral bound and they are great. No more pages falling out.

Now, the new one has the cover bound with spine. So you can;t fold it all the way over anymore. Bummer. So you just cut the cover I guess and that will work.

2016 JKU
post #7 of 7 Old 07-10-2010, 04:47 AM
Rock God

Garage

Go to the Great Sand Dunes NP. It is a very cool area (though will be hot in August), and Medano Pass is a nice trail to test your JK out on. The only caveat to Medano Pass is if there has been heavy rain, the numerous water crossings will be a bit more challenging. Typically in late summer they will be no higher than 12"-18". I did it in my stock JK, still with the POS Goodyear SR-As on it. Probably stating the obvious, but airing down is a must for the deep sand sections (and also for the rocky trail over the pass).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_S...k_and_Preserve

http://www.trails.com/tcatalog_trail...lid=BGR047-045

2007 Redrock X two door
Auto
Hardtop
D44 rear
17" Moab wheels
32" BFG M/Ts
Rubicon Rock Rails
Airaid intake
Infinity speakers

Last edited by pearl-drum-man; 07-10-2010 at 04:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode