Fun In The Desert XVII Sept 26-28 - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 Old 08-14-2008, 12:26 PM Thread Starter

Fun In The Desert XVII Sept 26-28

Im heading up to the Victor Valley 4 Wheelers anual event at Johnson Valley again this year and figured I would invite some of my fellow JKs to come with me. This is a great event with unbelivable trails and a great raffle. I will be leaving San Diego with my carrivan on the morning of the 25th. All the info you need is at WWW.Victorvalley4wheelers.com. There wasnt a single JK at this event last year and it would be great to get a few other than mine there this year.

Let me know if you wanna join the ORW crew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 08-30-2008, 04:07 PM
JKO Addict!

Ok, I'm having a hard time making up my mind about this. I really want to go but... I've heard alot about the Hammers, mostly doom and gloom. If I go, it will be my first trail run/campout with my wife, daughter 10 yrs and son 9yrs.

Is this a family friendly event? Can I make it through? ( See my sig for details). What are the temps like this time of year? Just want to be prepared.

Sure like to run with some other JKs.

Thanks RobV
post #3 of 5 Old 08-30-2008, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

I think your rig is set up just fine, infact is pretty close to the way mine is set up. as for the trails, they are not friendly at all. body damage is probaly going to happen so if your worried about that this is not your run. as far as the family goes, it is a family friendly trip with exception of the landscape and the weather. last year we froze are butts off for the first half of the day, then it got really nice, then we froze again at night.
another thing, are you driving the Jeep down for the event or does it ride on a trailer? this is a hard trip to do if your driving your trail rig home. things happen in Johnson Valley.
I would love to have you on the trip, let me know if you want to go. I bet you would be the only 4 door out there.

Adam
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 08-30-2008, 06:19 PM
JKO Addict!

Adam,

What about camping facilities? I don't see any info on their website. What trails are you running? Are you running both days? If I choose to go,it would be nice to meet you out there. I'm going to trailer my rig given it's an 800 mile round trip. I figure 7 to 8 hours to get there. Depending on stops. Probably leave Friday around midnight. Nothing happening on Friday right? Hoping to just settle in.
post #5 of 5 Old 08-30-2008, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

we camp at means dry lake, there are no camping facilities. Its a pack in pack out weekend. there are no stores or gas stations or hotels of any sort for quite a few miles. If you do come out you are more than welcome to camp with us. We are going out thursday so I will make sure you have a spot when you get in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode