Dusy Ershim - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 08-17-2015, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

Dusy Ershim

This was my third time on the trail. Once in a TJ locked on 35's, once in a stretched TJ on 38's, and this time in my JKUR on 38's. Obviously, it was a lot easier in the JK, but the trees are a lot closer.
Trip went like this.. my daughter and I camp for a week every year. This year we decided to hook up with the 4x4 corps guys and run the dusy. I was a little hesitant because I had never attempted to drive the 400 miles to the trail. I had always trailered out there. Also, the hemi I installed over the summer still was a little fresh.
We left Temecula early on Monday. My daughter is 19 so we took turns driving and it made the trip through the Mohave quick. We made Shaver lake in about 6 hours and we were at voyager rock in about an hour after that. We spent all day Tuesday hanging out at Courtright. We both caught rainbow trout right from shore and ate them for dinner. Wednesday we left early. Our group was 3 Tj's locked on 35's, a ram locked on 37's, 2 JKU one on 37's and mine on 38's, and a diesel k5 blazer with a welded 10 bolt in the rear and open in the front
We made it up Thompson hill with a little tugging on the K5 and camped at Thompson lake. The next day we left early and we spread way out. 2 of the Tj's got to ershim at about 1:45. I got there 45 min later, then the other 4 rigs arrived an hour after me. it's still very long, but I had my daughter drive the whole way so we both stayed fairly fresh.
At Ershim I caught a couple spotted trout and they tasted a lot better than the rainbows at courtright. the meat was pink/orange like salmon and they were delicious. the next day was Friday. I promised y daughter we would be back in Temeclua Saturday night so I left the group who all stayed an extra day at Ershim. We At lunch at Mallard lake which I had not stopped at before. Wow.. it's a must see. We drove out od the trail and camped near the northern gate of the trail. 33 miles and I didn't even pop the hood. Drove home the next day through 116 degree heat and completed the 800+ mile journey. Its safe to say the hemi is running well.
The Dusy is my favorite trail. I think its harder than most others only because it's so long. The relentless twisting on your rig will snap something eventually. It's the only true wilderness.. no people on the entire trail. no roads, no power lines, just days of great wheeling. I've run a lot of trails, Tellico, moab, rubicon etc.. I think the dusy is the best trail in the country.
I wish I had time to drive up and see some other trails up there.
I know. worthless post without pics.
Pics don't do it justice anyway.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 08-24-2015, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

post #3 of 9 Old 08-24-2015, 07:55 PM
Rock God

Looks like fun. Good tunes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 08-24-2015, 09:03 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Excellent video and music. Beautiful trail.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #5 of 9 Old 08-24-2015, 10:54 PM
Granite Guru

Sweet video! Give us the specs on the gear please? Quadcopter/UAV what kind of bird and camera?
Also... What kind of mounting a gimbal maybe on the Jeep trail shots?
Impressive!
Trail is on my list for sure!
post #6 of 9 Old 08-24-2015, 11:04 PM
Granite Guru

Thanks for sharing. I wheel that area every year in July, there are several great trails in that area. The Dusy opens in August. It's on my short list for sure.
post #7 of 9 Old 09-06-2015, 07:32 PM
Rock God

so if say if a person felt the Rubicon trail was a 7 on 1 to 10 scale how much higher would the Dusy be?
post #8 of 9 Old 09-11-2015, 08:39 AM Thread Starter
Granite Guru

The dusy would be an 8 if the con is a 7.
the trails are very similar except the Dusy is literally 3 times longer and the Dusy doesn't have any alternate paths for obsticals. Stock jeeps still do the 'Con, but not the Dusy
post #9 of 9 Old 09-11-2015, 11:07 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by elusive View Post
The dusy would be an 8 if the con is a 7.
the trails are very similar except the Dusy is literally 3 times longer and the Dusy doesn't have any alternate paths for obsticals. Stock jeeps still do the 'Con, but not the Dusy
length sounds perfect. are there any obstacles on the Dusy that are tougher than Little Sluice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode