Virgin Trip... Hidden Falls Adventure Park - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 06-09-2015, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Virgin Trip... Hidden Falls Adventure Park

Had an awesome experience out at Hidden Falls this past Sunday. Just wanted to give a quick report of our adventures and share some pics.

Our group consisted of a small convoy; my 2015 Rubicon, Jake in his 1997 Toyota Land Cruiser,purchased a week before (can you say shake down run) and a 2000 Taco used to transport Mike and the two dirt bikes that came along, camera man and chase in YouTube videos. I led the trip out to Marble Falls from the Y in Oak Hill. Easy drive that shouldn't ever take more than an hour and fifteen minutes. Now that you get some of the background on to the fun.

Once on the park and setting up camp we quickly prepared for a day of adventure. Air down, gas up, strap all cargo, hydrate and put on the required sun screen. The Land Cruiser stayed behind and we headed out with the bikes and the Rubicon. Let me tell you that I had one of the best times in my life ADVENTURING through Hidden Falls. The trails are mixed and aplenty. I will warn others that trails rated a 1 can quickly turn into higher difficulties if you do not turn around and you decide like us to push through. All in all an absolute blast and I will be returning. Check out the videos and pictures and let me know what you think. Oh yeah and I AM A JEEP OWNER FOR LIFE!

This is a shorter clip of Mike chasing on his Yamaha. Just bombing some dirt roads on the way to the trails.

https://youtu.be/BHsFfSOloWU

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BHsFfSOloWU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The next two clips are of the trip up the creek with a couple small falls thrown in for good measure. Mike gets little bogged down trying to follow on what is obviously not dirt bike terrain but after we get back going we do a guicka quick turnoff of the main park road that led to a decent mud pit with terraces and then onto a little ditch through the creek bed that I admit was past my skill level as of now and made me tuck my tail and turn around. This amazingly enough is the only time I was defeated and otherwise the Rubicon lived up to absolutely every expectation and even more. It went places I thought it would stick with confidence and ability. It climbed off -camber hills with jagged rocks, it went down 4 foot "cliffs", it went through mud and water and just kept wanting more. The suspension worked flawlessly except for a little fender rub and a couple broken cheesy clips, which was to be expected and a destroyed license plate bracket. The only other worse for wear is I got a little dirty inside but Hey! It's not really fun unless it's dirty! Plus going topless is what it is all about right?

https://youtu.be/iSyHtqlyBgo

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/iSyHtqlyBgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

https://youtu.be/ta_3ZFXkix0

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ta_3ZFXkix0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I know this is kinda long winded and if you are still with me I had a great time. The footage was by far some of the easier stuff that was tackled. I have included pictures of some of the a few of the other adventures we had. Thanks for enjoying with me!

"The love of Money is the root of all Evil"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-11-2015, 07:14 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

One of the things that i like about Hidden Falls, is that it can be as hard as you want it to be.

I think this thing is finally coming together. Still Needed: drive shafts, frame mount rails...then done son! For a while...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 Old 09-29-2015, 07:03 AM
Wheeler

Late to comment, but I'm a fan of Hidden Falls. The facilities are nice and there's plenty of trails to keep me entertained in my daily driver JK.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 11-29-2015, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Been out to Hidden Falls another 5 or 6 times since my virgin trip. I have to say this is the best bang for the buck out there in my opinion. For me this is more fun than any theme or amusement park.

Here are a couple more videos from more recent trips. The Rudicon continues to suprise me. Doesnt really like deep mud but who does. Other than that anything the front tires can touch it is going to climb.

https://youtu.be/kypc7k1tBBs

https://youtu.be/NDfbMFxZ9po

https://youtu.be/gVSqn2zO438
post #5 of 9 Old 12-07-2015, 12:01 AM
Official Monkey Business

Garage
Send a message via AIM to TEXASKEV Send a message via Yahoo to TEXASKEV

Good videos. I love that place!

08 2Door Red Rubicon. Rock Krawler 5.5 Longarm Coilover, Polly rear Coilovers. AEV hood & wheels, 37"KM2s, JE Reel 1350 shafts, 5.38 Yukon gears, Superior axles, Shrockworks stubby, Fab Fours rear, sPod, Rebel Offroad brakes, Warn winch and lots more.

post #6 of 9 Old 01-04-2016, 09:48 AM
Wheeler

Garage

I definitely want to get down there one day. A local guy used to live near the park, and has great things to say about the facility and trails.

Follow Smokey's build, adventures & more:

Black 2009 JKX (3.8L, auto, 3.73)
285/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs │ Level 8 Trackers │ Teraflex 1.5" leveling kit │ Crawler Conceptz Ultra Series F/R bumpers │ Poison Spyder hood louver │ Poison Spyder evap skid │ Teraflex sway bar disconnects │ Rigid D2 HLs │ GenSSi rock lights │ Cobra 75 WX ST │ Spiderweb Shade │ Some other stuff ...
post #7 of 9 Old 01-10-2016, 05:33 PM
Wheeler

Nice videos tcollins! Never been to Hidden Falls Adventure Park. Looks like it's a lot of fun. What are their fees like? Pay one price for the day?
post #8 of 9 Old 01-12-2016, 09:14 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage
Hidden Falls

Hidden Falls is a blast. Headed back out there this Sunday actually. Fees are very reasonable in my opinion. $25.00 for driver $15.00 per passenger. They have camping both primitive and full hookups for RVs although I have never stayed overnight the amenities seem to be top notch. There is also a shooting range on the property Copper Head Gun club I believe. Pistol, Rifle, Skeet, and even class 3 rentals. This is an all day adventure. SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unclebob View Post
Nice videos tcollins! Never been to Hidden Falls Adventure Park. Looks like it's a lot of fun. What are their fees like? Pay one price for the day?

"The love of Money is the root of all Evil"

post #9 of 9 Old 01-17-2016, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Garage

Out on adventure today.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode