Hundy's WILD RIDE pics!!! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 Old 06-22-2008, 10:37 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Hundy's WILD RIDE pics!!!

My buddy Brian in a TJ, socalrubi and Hundy and crew did a run today. I thought MOJAVE GREEN might make it, but didnt hear from him.

Socalrubi is a baddass. He saw my post this morning at 8:30 and was here by 10:30 ready to go Wheelin'!!! He lives 100 miles away! If we still had the CMF club, I'd make him a CMF'r. Kinda the opposite of Dayton

Anyways, the day started out pretty normal. We went up the main wash in LV to Jacoby cyn to the Lucky Balwin mine. From there we headed down the hiway to Cactus Flats, to Horse Thief Flat. SCR got stuck 3 times within the first 15 minutes!

Had a great time up to Horse Thief. Then things got interesting. It is a deadend- one way in, one way out. There is a glint of a old trail following a saddleback down to the desert with 1000' cliffs on both sides and spots so steep that you cant go back up.

Yep. You guessed it. I couldnt resist. I should not have gone down there. This is going to be one of those that the pics will not do it justice. This was probably the scariest thing I have ever done in the Jeep. I dont scare easily. But I was maybe doing something I should NOT have tried. It was SCARY! Did I mention that it was scary? I was shaking! It was so bad that I was planning what I would do if things went really badly. I left my seatbelt off so I could bail out instead of rolling down into the cyn below! Then, the last section was a very steep downhill that you couldnt even SEE the bottom. I was sliding down even with the brakes locked! I took it real slow, and made it. Before I went down that last section, I looked at it several times. But I had no choice. I couldnt go back up. I was planning for the worst and how I could survive it! Things could have gone real bad. But I made it unscathed! I have never been so glad to get through a section! I might sound like I am over dramatizing this- but I am not. It took Michelle 30 minutes to walk down that last section. I made her get out just in case we crashed. Glad to be home.

HUNDY
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MILITARY TIRES
Hi Tread MT 37x12.50x16.5 $150 ea!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 Old 06-22-2008, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

some pics-
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #3 of 35 Old 06-22-2008, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

more pics-
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 35 Old 06-22-2008, 11:00 PM
Rock God

Hundy you crazy mofo! Did you get pics of you going down the nature trail to hell??

Lifted by
, JKS DC's, Skid Row Protected,
ProComp 7105, Kevlar MTR's,
Switchblade rear, Red Rock Fab stinger etc...

post #5 of 35 Old 06-22-2008, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

more more-
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #6 of 35 Old 06-22-2008, 11:02 PM
Wheeler

I can't believe you went down that hill! Did everybody go down it?
post #7 of 35 Old 06-22-2008, 11:06 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

more more more- pics
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #8 of 35 Old 06-22-2008, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Last ones- SCR got a bunch of pics, too. Hopefully they will post them up! He should be home by midnite!!!

BTW- thanks to SCR (Richard, Melissa, CHU CHU), and Brian and Clyde for a great day!
Attached Images

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #9 of 35 Old 06-22-2008, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
I can't believe you went down that hill! Did everybody go down it?
I had those guys stay up top till I could give the all clear. No, I didnt want them to come down. It was totally extreme! I kept in touch on the CB, and then we met up back at my house once I was in the clear. But, I was now about 10 miles away from them! This was better than them following me, though. I didnt want anyone getting hurt.

Thats right- Billy- you saw that trail when we went last time. Dude- the part that Riggermike said "NO"--- that was the EASY part!!! It got worse!

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #10 of 35 Old 06-22-2008, 11:21 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by airric00 View Post
Hundy you crazy mofo! Did you get pics of you going down the nature trail to hell??
The one with my Jeep next to a tree coming down a hill probably shows it best. And the pic before that one, and the pic after that one. But like I said, the pics do not do it justice! It was effin' steep and loose!

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #11 of 35 Old 06-23-2008, 05:37 AM
Granite Guru

That looks like an awesome ride!!! Great pics!!!

'07 Stone White X 2-Dr

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"
post #12 of 35 Old 06-23-2008, 11:36 AM
Granite Guru

Not sure if you noticed or not but the Red Rubi has a little scratch on the front bumper. Nothing that can't be fixed with a completely new aftermarket bumper!!!!!
post #13 of 35 Old 06-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Rock God

Garage

Nice set of pics. That hill does look pretty steep in the pics, but it also looks as if it's been traveled often enough. How would climbing up it be compared to going down it? On the pucker factor that is. Personally, I find going down to be worse than going up, and I'm probably not alone there.

post #14 of 35 Old 06-23-2008, 12:00 PM
Granite Guru

I would have to agree going down a hill that steep scares me more than going up...

'07 Stone White X 2-Dr

"Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity"
post #15 of 35 Old 06-23-2008, 01:37 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

It looks traveled in the pics, but I dont think anyone had passed through in a long time. It IS do-able...because I did it. I am sure someone else could too. I agree with the pucker factor being higher when going downhill. The problem was it was borderline whether I would slide down or not--- I wouldnt know for sure till I tried it! If you did start sliding, it would be hard to stop. Steepness is no problem when its not too far down. This was a mountain! The reason I decided to continue going down is because I didnt think I could make it back up. We'll go back out there from the bottom one of these times and try it!

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #16 of 35 Old 06-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockcrawl View Post
Not sure if you noticed or not but the Red Rubi has a little scratch on the front bumper. Nothing that can't be fixed with a completely new aftermarket bumper!!!!!
What's even better is that he doesn't even have plates yet!!! 's to you man for rockin the rubi! Don't worry it will buff out...

Lifted by
, JKS DC's, Skid Row Protected,
ProComp 7105, Kevlar MTR's,
Switchblade rear, Red Rock Fab stinger etc...

post #17 of 35 Old 06-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100dollarman View Post
Kinda the opposite of Dayton
Wow. That ****ing hurts.

By the way, when you get back from Utah... if all you're toys have flat tires... wasn't me.

Dirty Minion #6

Last edited by dayton1999; 06-23-2008 at 02:35 PM.
post #18 of 35 Old 06-23-2008, 08:46 PM
JKowners Vendor

Hundy just after going down that hill

That's a big brick for such a little baby

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:
post #19 of 35 Old 06-23-2008, 08:53 PM
Rock God

lol , Hi Bret,coming out next weekend?Love to see you peeps again.
post #20 of 35 Old 06-23-2008, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
Hundy just after going down that hill

That's a big brick for such a little baby
LOL!

I want to go back out there to see if anyone else will go down that trail or if I was just being a big baby that **** a brick!

I'll tell you what..... I never have been so glad/relieved to get through an obstacle!!!

HUNDY
'11 VIRGIN 2 dr JK

MILITARY TIRES
post #21 of 35 Old 06-24-2008, 08:16 AM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_calif_rubi View Post
lol , Hi Bret,coming out next weekend?Love to see you peeps again.
I'd go this weekend, but honestly I'm a little skeered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100dollarman View Post
LOL!

I want to go back out there to see if anyone else will go down that trail or if I was just being a big baby that **** a brick!

I'll tell you what..... I never have been so glad/relieved to get through an obstacle!!!
Don't mind me, I'm just jealous that I didn't get to see it.

Looks like an awesome obstacle. At what point was plan B to gas it?
I'm trying to figure out what could have made that trail. Only a dozer?

Do you think you'd ever be able to get it up?

Aren't rainbows a gay thing?

Woods Storage Tub Enlargement Kit - Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit - Evap Can Relocation Kit Muffler Relocation Kit - Tailgate Shock Kit
Buy Woods Kits at:
post #22 of 35 Old 06-24-2008, 08:32 AM
JKO Addict!

Garage

Glad you made it Hundy. Pictures never do justice, but I know what you mean about the pucker factor. It's one thing if it's short or if there are high walls on either side, but the thought of tumbling hundreds of feet to the bottom is not comforting, especially when all you basically have is a controlled slide.
post #23 of 35 Old 06-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

looks like fun

NATE

post #24 of 35 Old 06-24-2008, 07:23 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woods View Post
I'd go this weekend, but honestly I'm a little skeered.

Don't mind me, I'm just jealous that I didn't get to see it.

Looks like an awesome obstacle. At what point was plan B to gas it?
I'm trying to figure out what could have made that trail. Only a dozer?

Do you think you'd ever be able to get it up?

Aren't rainbows a gay thing?
It look like a fire break,done by a dozer,and worked by quads,and yes rainbows are gay,
post #25 of 35 Old 06-24-2008, 08:55 PM
JKowners Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by so_calif_rubi View Post
It look like a fire break,done by a dozer,and worked by quads,and yes rainbows are gay,
Why are they on this forum? Is there something you guys aren't telling me?

Buy Woods Kits at:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode