Colorado trip video - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 Old 09-30-2014, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Colorado trip video

For anyone who hasn't been to Colorado. We started in AZ, drove to Colorado, then to Utah. Maybe it will give you an idea of what to expect. This is the first part.

http://youtu.be/Fad5p14denU
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-30-2014, 10:01 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Awesome video!

Thank you for posting that. I made the trip out there in the Jeep in 2013. Ran the same trails and even camped in what looked like the same spot as you in the first location.

Makes me excited to go back out there again and I enjoyed watching your editing skills!

2010 JK
2.5" RK, 4.56 gears, Detriot Trutracs F/R, Or-Fab front cage, Synergy rear cage, Mastercraft Baja RS seats, and a ton of other mods!
post #3 of 13 Old 10-01-2014, 06:04 AM
Rock God

Garage

Nice man! Excellent video, so you guys came across that rolled jeep in the video?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 Old 10-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Granite Guru

Location: Cave Creek, AZ to Fayetteville, AR, back to Scottsdale, AZ

Nicely done! Loved it!
The composition, use of time lapse, etc made the video so much more interesting and pleasing than the vast majority of jeep/travel videos out there.

Kudos!

BTW, are you in Phx?
post #5 of 13 Old 10-03-2014, 10:46 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBreeze View Post
Nicely done! Loved it!
The composition, use of time lapse, etc made the video so much more interesting and pleasing than the vast majority of jeep/travel videos out there.

Kudos!

BTW, are you in Phx?
yeah i'm in chandler... I go up to Carefree Highway a lot though. Lots of Northsider friends up that way.
post #6 of 13 Old 10-04-2014, 05:05 AM
Rock God

Been a lot of places out west, including Colorado, but not the part you showed. Very awesome. Every time I go out west, or watch videos like yours I wonder why the heck I still live in Ohio.
post #7 of 13 Old 10-04-2014, 05:46 AM
Rock God

Send a message via Yahoo to warcop

Awesome video, thanks for sharing!

Warcop

2012 JKU Sport, Rock Krawler 2.5 Flex, Smittybilt SRC Side Armor, Mesh Grille MOD, Sony Double DIN AV Receiver, Back up Camera, Kicker Speaker Upgrade, ARB Twin Compressor, Dominion Off Road High Lift Mount, Homemade Paracord Grab Handles, Nitto Trail Grapplers, Paramount Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier, KC Hilites Daylighters, under seat lock box, Metal Cloak Front Bumper, BARTACT Seat Covers, BARTACT Sun Shade, x20 Comp Winch, sPOD, ARB Air lockers, 4.10 Gears.
post #8 of 13 Old 10-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Granite Guru

Awesome video. We are getting ready to move to Denver. Looking forward to being able to visit places like that.

"The Black Recluse" - 07 JKU Rubicon - RK 3.5" X-Factor - Fox IFP Synergy Shocks - Pro Comp 1069 Wheels, 37" BFG KM2s, Staun Bead Locks, Yukon 5.13s, Gusseted, sleeved, and skidded front 44, Ten Chromoly front and rear axles, RK Tie Rod, Synergy Ball joints, Cooltech CB mount, Vector plate.
post #9 of 13 Old 06-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Wheeler

Garage

Great vid! Nice editing! Planning on heading to CO in July, would love to catch the scenery that you did. Any chance you could hit me up with some must-see trails?
post #10 of 13 Old 06-04-2016, 06:31 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
Great vid! Nice editing! Planning on heading to CO in July, would love to catch the scenery that you did. Any chance you could hit me up with some must-see trails?
This thread is 2 years old. The OP was last on JKO in Feb, 2016. Might try PM'ing him or go to the Colorado thread in the Regional section.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved 2015
post #11 of 13 Old 06-04-2016, 07:13 PM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
Okay, I can help. Not sure what exactly Day One was, something down towards Durango. I have a friend who grew up there if you need to know that trail. Day 2 forward was Black Bear Pass, then most likely Poughkeepsie Gulch up to California Pass. Not sure if they took Poughkeepsie or not. If they did, they edited out some great scenery and a really nice couple of water falls. But then they may not have taken Poughkeepsie as it looked like they have a fairly stock FJ with them. The Wall might have been more obstacle than the FJ wanted to tackle. There are a multitude of ways to get to California Pass, but Poughkeepsie would be my recommendation. The next day was Engineer Pass. Those would be my recommendation for trails in that area - Black Bear, Poughkeepsie and Engineer Pass. There are a few more, do them as you have time or desire.

Part 2 is Moab. I think the first trail was Top of the World, but some shots looked like Dome Plateau - maybe they did both in one day. Then, oh hell, I don't know, could have been any of a bunch of trails. Kinda looked like parts of Metal Masher. Then some shots were Fins and Things. The last shots with the slot canyon is in Dead Horse State Park, at least I am 90% sure. One place I have not been. Mixed in were shots in Arches, Balance Rock and the signature arch in Arches, the name of which escapes me at the moment.

If you come up to the Buena Vista area, there are a bunch of trails around there as well. Chinaman Gulch with a short hike to the exit of Carnage Canyon are a must see. Mt Antero is a cool trail. Iron Chest if you want some boulders to crawl over.

If you come that far, then come east on 285 and hit the trails around Kenosha Pass. Red Cone is my favorite. Radical Hill, St Johns, are all very nice.

Heck just buy Charile Wells trail books, for South CO and the one for Moab - if you are going to Moab. Or hire me as a guide!

Does that help??
post #12 of 13 Old 06-05-2016, 05:39 AM
Wheeler

Garage

That helps a TON! Thanks man. Not sure who's gonna be coming with, I just have some vacation time to burn and a Jeep, so naturally I want to head to the mountains. If I end up heading up there on my own I may just have to take you up on your guide offer! Thanks again dude.
post #13 of 13 Old 06-05-2016, 06:03 AM
Rock God

Glad to help.

Oh and I forgot Imogene Pass. So when you do Black Bear, you go from the Ouray side to Telluride as it is a one way trail. Then once in Telluride you can head to Imogene Pass and take that back towards Ouray. Its a long day, but a great day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode