Crashed my Jeep into a tree :( - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 07:04 PM Thread Starter
kam
Wheeler

Unhappy Crashed my Jeep into a tree :(

We had a very slippery and muddy Sunday last week.

We were driving down a little hill, gaining little bit too much speed. After some point the Jeep started to slide to the right. At this point I lost all steering control and just tried to slow down the vehicle.

Unfortunately it was not enough to prevent the Jeep from going over the bank . And to make it even worse, a huge hole to our right appeared, where we were exactly sliding to. As soon we started to drop into the hole, I turned hard right and accelerated to prevent from rolling.

Well learned from the mistake, fortunately not the hardest way, almost rolled :/

We had our Action Cam running, here is the video.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 07:29 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Minor damage, glad you're okay! Your girlfriend should be embarassed of you screaming like that when you went over...

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead0 View Post
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
Reformed Jeep addict... Jeepless for now.
post #3 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 08:03 PM
JKO Addict!

Mud sucks. Sure you weren't texting?
In 4 wheel drive?

“It isn't so much that liberals are ignorant. It's just that they know so many things that aren't so.”― Ronald Reagan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
kam
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKCTAZ View Post
Minor damage, glad you're okay! Your girlfriend should be embarassed of you screaming like that when you went over...
Haha it was pretty scary from inside

No texting. I was in 4wd. I shouldn't have put background music on. You can hear when it starts to slide. It was pretty long slide way. I guess a video from outside would show it much better.
post #5 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 09:24 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

I always look fwd to seeing y'alls ( that would be you-guys-es) videos, kam.

I thought it was gonna be way worse than it was. I think that I would have been a little nervous of putting it on it's side... the way that you slid off. Glad y'all are okay.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #6 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 10:24 PM
Rock God

Garage

I watched all 4 mins...I was so hoping to see an airbag blow when it started sliding

Minor stuff. The mirror kinda sucks but it happens. Could have been worse if she did decide to pitch more to the passenger side. Look at it this way, the hardtop was fine, that would have been the expensive thing.

2011 Sahara Tan 2dr Rubicon
Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #7 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Door View Post
I watched all 4 mins...I was so hoping to see an airbag blow when it started sliding

Minor stuff. The mirror kinda sucks but it happens. Could have been worse if she did decide to pitch more to the drivers side. Look at it this way, the hardtop was fine, that would have been the expensive thing.
FIF the Down-Under crowd.

Poly Performance - Dynatrac - Currie - Goodyear - Poison Spyder - Warn - PSC - AEV - Reid Racing - Off-Road Evolution - Flowmaster - Delta - Riddler - Micky Thompson - Daystar - Skid Row - Uniden - Rebel Offroad - Firestik - Warrior Products - Viair - HiLift - ARB - Kicker - Infinity
post #8 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 10:41 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Forgot to ask, what in the hell were those wire coming out of the mirror stalk? Power mirrors?

Quote:
Some folks are fine with being screwed over, perhaps finding confrontation to be more stressful than just living with whatever the problem is. These are excellent consumers, manufactured to the finest specifications.
post #9 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 10:50 PM
Rock God

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
FIF the Down-Under crowd.
hahaha oh yeah, I forgot about that. Friggen backwards bastards. Next they'll say that they have a diesel option.

And Yeah, it's for the power mirrors. That's actually both power and heat.

Rock Krawler Stock Mod w/ Fox Evolution 2.0's - 36 X 12.5 X 15" Interco TSL's on Black Steel wheels - Rock Krawler track bars front and back - Poison Spyder Customs BFH front bumper w/ Brawler bar - Warn HS9500i winch w/ synthetic rope - Trail Head Deflators - Viair 440P Compressor Instagram: jeepethan
post #10 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 10:52 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

What kind of mamby pamby shit is that? I didn't even know you could get power mirrors with heat. Dafuq? LoL

Quote:
post #11 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 11:13 PM Thread Starter
kam
Wheeler

Power/Heated mirrors are factory on 2011+ JKs as far I know. Isn't it in US?

Had to order mirror from US, because its so crazy expensive here in Australia, around 300 bucks

Quote:
I always look fwd to seeing y'alls ( that would be you-guys-es) videos, kam.
Thanks so much, its like music in my ears

Last edited by kam; 08-27-2014 at 11:17 PM.
post #12 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 11:17 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kam View Post
Power/Heated mirrors are factory on 2011+ JKs as far I know. Isn't it in US?

Had to order mirror from US, because its so crazy expensive here in Australia, around 300 bucks
Not sure, Brother, I would have laughed at the sales guy if he tried to get me into an option package that had them. Then again, I live in Phoenix so heated mirrors are a very low use item here. Power mirror? Yeah, I swivel my head powerfully to see behind me!

Quote:
post #13 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
kam
Wheeler

Quote:
Not sure, Brother, I would have laughed at the sales guy if he tried to get me into an option package that had them. Then again, I live in Phoenix so heated mirrors are a very low use item here. Power mirror? Yeah, I swivel my head powerfully to see behind me!
Wasn't a option for me. I don't care if it would be manual ^^
post #14 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 11:24 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Just more proof that our domestic market sucks. You should have just ordered a manual replacement U.S. passenger side mirror and capped off those wires.

Quote:
post #15 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
kam
Wheeler

Quote:
Just more proof that our domestic market sucks. You should have just ordered a manual replacement U.S. passenger side mirror and capped off those wires.
I was about to order manual, but the price difference was too small
post #16 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 11:29 PM
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!

Crappy! Well, glad you're getting it all sorted out! We need more videos!

Quote:
post #17 of 23 Old 08-27-2014, 11:34 PM Thread Starter
kam
Wheeler

Plenty of videos are coming soon.
post #18 of 23 Old 08-28-2014, 12:50 AM
Rock God

Garage

Yeah, mine are power. It's an option on 2011+. They are also heated. They come on when I hit the defrost...so it defrosts the rear window and the side mirrors. Useful for me, course, I'm in Canada. And you're right, the price difference between the heated/power mirrors and the manual mirrors isn't enough to warrant giving up the options.

And I like my yuppie Jeep. Fa-qya's

post #19 of 23 Old 08-28-2014, 06:25 AM
JKO Dickhead

Garage

that music was a little dramatic !

Glad the damage was minimal, I expected a little worse when "recovery" flashed on the screen, but then you just drove out ?

Building a capable off road Jeep is easy...building a street legal one that you can drive two hours away to wheel and then drive to work the following morning is the challenge...
post #20 of 23 Old 08-28-2014, 07:33 AM
Rock God

Garage

Heated mirrors would be nice for backing into a spot that has deep snow. Shit kicks up from the rear tires right into the mirrors.

2008 JKU Rubicon. 2.5" Rock Krawler Stock Mod lift, 35x12.50x15 Cooper STT's on Pro-Comp D-windows, 5:13 gears, Uconnect Microphone mod, Husky Floor Liners, Mastercraft Grab Handles, Weathertech Side Window Deflectors, Hitch mounted D-Ring, Rancho Oil Pan Skid, Skid Row Evap Can Skid, and a Rugged Ridge Front Skid. Solid Diff Covers front and rear. Rock Slide Engineering Sliders.
post #21 of 23 Old 08-28-2014, 04:42 PM
Granite Guru

This is one thing you'll learn when offroading. Scratching the paint in the bushes is better then falling off the cliff.

In your case, the mud is always safer
post #22 of 23 Old 08-28-2014, 06:22 PM
Comfortably Numb

Garage

Holy shit, I saw the screen name and thought it said KARN. Glad you all are OK KAM.

08 Rubi Unlimited named Freebird

Quote:
Cat killing would almost certainly decline if we were allowed to hunt liberals.
Asylum media group llc all rights reserved ©2015
post #23 of 23 Old 08-28-2014, 07:16 PM Thread Starter
kam
Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmmns View Post
I expected a little worse when "recovery" flashed on the screen, but then you just drove out ?
Yeah, because Jeeps don't need any recovery :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode