2012 JK No heat resolution - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 02-13-2013, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

2012 JK No heat resolution

Just wanted to report back on an issue I had with my 2012 JK. I finally got to turning on the heater when the temperature dropped below 20. I noticed I had weak to no heat in any vent except the one right of the radio. I did some research on this forum (thanks!) and found out there was an issue with the heater core. I took it to the dealer and told them not to screw around and replace the core as I knew it was a known problem.

After ordering the parts, they did replace the core. Without me prompting them, they actually ordered a new radiator and reservoir. I asked them about this and the service writer actually told me that if this wasn't done, the radiator would would eventually get clogged and create issues. I was told that when the radiator cap was pulled, there was sludge on the cap and visible at the top of the radiator. During my research here, I saw many dealers were just replacing the core.

So case in point, if you had your heater core replaced under warranty, pull the radiator cap and do a check for sludge. Go back to the dealer and complain till they make it right. I was stunned that the dealer actually did the right thing without me causing a stink (first time!).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Banned

Glad to see you got everything sorted out the first try. Unheard of at so many dealerships out there. Might wanna name names on that one just so people know where to go for decent service.

I assume you were still under warranty when this happened, yes?

post #3 of 6 Old 02-13-2013, 04:18 PM Thread Starter

Still under warranty, not even 8k miles yet. I'd normally be singing their praises, but they did give me a bad turn on my wife's Dodge Charger and refused to make some stuff right. I'm just glad I got it fixed up; I thought I knew cold until I was in that jeep when it was -10 with no heat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 Old 02-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Rock God

there is a write up somewhere that will put a filter inline with the heater core and keep it from plugging again. some people have had a few cores replaced and still get clogs.
post #5 of 6 Old 03-09-2013, 07:07 AM
Granite Guru

*****Attention Heater Issues, Please Read*******

Hey Guys...I hope I'm Helping and not Repeating something already Said.

I Just ran across this Website for Car Complaints and only one has reprted the Heater Core Issue and read what this Guy says:

2012 Jeep Wrangler Owner Comments

I purchased a new vehicle and make payments on a new vehicle just to find out that the manufacturer had a problem with the factory in Mexico and it made over 600 vehicles with garbage in the head, so all the((( vin numbers built in a two week period in that plant have to have the left head removed and replaced.)))))

I am pissed that i have to have a dealership strip my engine down and replace the head and then put it back together correctly. most of the techs at dealerships are kids. how do I know that they didn't go out and smoke a joint before they take my jeep apart, how do I know if they aren't on drugs. or have the experience to strip a vehicle down and rebuild it.

then I find out that the dealerships were aware of the problem and they even had vin numbers but they still left the effected vehicles on the lot to be sold and I bought one the next month after the manufacturer informed all the dealerships. What am I suppose to do? I have to let them tear apart my jeep and trust they will put it together properly. I am not comfortable with that. don't buy a jeep

- Marita H., San Leon, Texas, USA

Last edited by sircody; 03-09-2013 at 07:22 AM.
post #6 of 6 Old 11-17-2019, 10:18 AM

Thumbs up 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sport Thermostat Replacement (No Heat) [SOLVED]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode