JKOwners Forum banner

P 0304

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Fklein6768 
#1 ·
Second burnt wire/stock lasted longer....threw the old one back on and problem solved. Hotwire not so hot-lol

Prior melt was #6 now #4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·

I went thru all possible ignition wires & packs only to return to the recommended champions plugs & Mopar ignition wires. I melted and got pinholes in2-3 sets until I discovered Heat Shield Products Heat Tape and sleeves as-well-as lava-tape & plug- boot sleeves of thermal-wrap. I never had issues again in 7 yrs.
those msd wires are no better than just using replacement factory ones for the Jeep JK/JKU models of any year.

#5 ·
Decided to see what the plug looked like after the heat level dropped below smelting level of skin and gapped out at .60

Otherwise clean but yikes-lol

Needless to say will be replacing the other five in short order. Off to practice so maybe I can get one a day in[emoji120][emoji3]

#7 ·
I had a few plugs gap out between .60 and .80. Also checked mileage and was only at 50k on this set which was toast.

Will be replacing wires this week/son got me a nice bday present[emoji320][emoji106]

And doing these with a hernia may cause a temporary blackout especially on the ps....lower jeep would have also helped in retrospect with that issue[emoji3]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.