ac issue - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By BigTB

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 Old 06-13-2019, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

ac issue

Friday my ac was working (don't use it very often ) Monday it wasn't. I'm original owner on a 2008 liberty sport (106k miles) .never recharged system so I figured that would do it .got set up to charge system and found compressor not running (engine running, blower on hi and ac on ). gauge on recharge hose (low side) read over 100psi? what's that all about?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-14-2019, 03:27 AM
Rock God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal O View Post
Friday my ac was working (don't use it very often ) Monday it wasn't. I'm original owner on a 2008 liberty sport (106k miles) .never recharged system so I figured that would do it .got set up to charge system and found compressor not running (engine running, blower on hi and ac on ). gauge on recharge hose (low side) read over 100psi? what's that all about?
That sounds fairly normal when the compressor isnít running. When the compressor runs the low side will get pulled down and the high side will go up. When the compressor isnít running, the pressures will equalize again.

As for why the compressor wonít run; could be a fuse, relay, pressure switch, wiring, compressor clutch, etc. Do you have a multi-meter? Either way Iíd start by checking for a blown fuse.
rich6700 and Laggy like this.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-17-2019, 02:23 AM
Granite Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTB View Post
That sounds fairly normal when the compressor isn’t running. When the compressor runs the low side will get pulled down and the high side will go up. When the compressor isn’t running, the pressures will equalize again.

As for why the compressor won’t run; could be a fuse, relay, pressure switch, wiring, compressor clutch, etc. Do you have a multi-meter? Either way I’d start by checking for a blown fuse.
This. Hi and low AC pressures are 90-100 psi on both when system is resting.

Check fuses/relays related to AC. Swap in a known good relay into AC spot. Or better yet, take the AC relay and put in the fuel pump spot. If Jeep won’t start, then you know it’s a bad relay.

One thing you can do to check clutch operation, is jumper the low side switch harness with a wire. If the compressor turns on and clutch spins, then could be a bad low pressure switch or some wiring. Can try same with the high pressure switch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode