• 1 Post By j3ff3ry_j33p
  • 1 Post By AllJumpStyle
  • 1 Post By Mason
  • 1 Post By Mason

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 Old 11-01-2018, 09:43 PM Thread Starter
Wheeler

ball joints

Im needing new balljoints. i like ordering from rock auto. but im unsure on what brand to buy. i recently ordered the moog problem solver steering linkage. i love it. but i heard bad things about moog joints. can anyone sugguest a brand ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 11-02-2018, 05:04 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Synergy or Dynatrac.
post #3 of 23 Old 11-02-2018, 05:37 AM
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)

I have synergy now, when I replace these I will be going to dnyatrac prosteer rebuildable joints.

so yeah synergy or dynatrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohchief View Post
If people don't take a stand now,you'll be bitches under their thumbs tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StubEXrube View Post
I think too much of a pressure variant between Earth and outer-space... lack of oxygen... something like that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 Old 11-05-2018, 05:33 AM
Granite Guru

They all suck or are overpriced. If you don’t mind replacing and you won’t have this Jeep for along time go oem or synergy. If you will have this Jeep a long time then Dynatrac as it pains me to say. All their shit is overpriced. Rare parts is another overpriced option as well
post #5 of 23 Old 11-05-2018, 07:04 AM
Wheeler

Garage

I have the Synergy on mine and I'm not a fan. We put the Gen 2 Teraflex on the wife's and they're doing great (18k on them so far) Much better feel than the Synergy ever were.
I like them so much I just ordered a set for mine too.

His- 2014 JKUR
Hers- 2018 JK
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Retired- 2016 JKWW
Retired- 2013 JKU
post #6 of 23 Old 11-05-2018, 07:22 AM Thread Starter
Wheeler

where do you buy oem?

post #7 of 23 Old 11-05-2018, 07:33 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hossler1788 View Post
where do you buy oem?

Www.Moparpartsgiant.com or other online dealer sites, or your local dealer. Don't recommend oem - they have plastic / teflon cup liners and don't last long. Probably better off with Moog or Timken if they make em.
post #8 of 23 Old 11-05-2018, 07:36 AM
Rock God

I'm a big fan of the concept of the Rare Parts ball joints that are load bearing on both the upper and lower. I wrecked Synergy joints real quick and did grease them every oil change. My Rare Parts joints have been in longer and are still completely solid no play at all.
post #9 of 23 Old 11-06-2018, 05:30 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

what most folks who exp less than thrilling ( can ball joints even be considered as 'thrilling'? heh..)
results from the extremely well-made Synergy Mfg BJ's is to grease them w/ the recommended molybdenum ,high-performance grease ( Synergy even has their own brand but the same is available all over the internets) regularly. By 'regularly' I mean no less than 3 times annually ...I hit them w a two-pump after each trail ride and w clean grease in them, I would have a hard time destroying them.
It's not truly what grease is used as as much as it is to have clean grease in their cintered ball grooves + that you purge debris and always run clean, heavy duty ncgi2 (sic) grease in them or else they'll get loose and need replacing.

If I ran 40s , I'd likely go with the rareparts load distributing BJ's .

Get to know your greaseguns ( I have four,lol) ; they won't let you down but they'll always irritate the f*ck out of you

Banshee and rockystock like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 23 Old 11-06-2018, 08:26 AM
Minstrel Gigolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post
what most folks who exp less than thrilling ( can ball joints even be considered as 'thrilling'? heh..)
results from the extremely well-made Synergy Mfg BJ's is to grease them w/ the recommended molybdenum ,high-performance grease ( Synergy even has their own brand but the same is available all over the internets) regularly. By 'regularly' I mean no less than 3 times annually ...I hit them w a two-pump after each trail ride and w clean grease in them, I would have a hard time destroying them.
It's not truly what grease is used as as much as it is to have clean grease in their cintered ball grooves + that you purge debris and always run clean, heavy duty ncgi2 (sic) grease in them or else they'll get loose and need replacing.

If I ran 40s , I'd likely go with the rareparts load distributing BJ's .

Get to know your greaseguns ( I have four,lol) ; they won't let you down but they'll always irritate the f*ck out of you

At $20 a tube for magic Synerjesus grease, I couldn't afford to lube up 3+ times a year. I just use the $4 tube of Red n' Tacky.
post #11 of 23 Old 11-06-2018, 09:22 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

Anyone found a way to keep the grease from oozing oil out over time and slowly greasing the whole garage? I've had a tube of the synergy stuff for about a year, and even that grease is separating. I do keep the guns in a plastic bin....
post #12 of 23 Old 11-06-2018, 09:48 AM
Minstrel Gigolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockystock View Post
Anyone found a way to keep the grease from oozing oil out over time and slowly greasing the whole garage? I've had a tube of the synergy stuff for about a year, and even that grease is separating. I do keep the guns in a plastic bin....
Do you mean the grease gun itself is leaking? If so, those little 3oz guns are handy because you can toss the cartridge sooner and let the gun sit empty.
post #13 of 23 Old 11-06-2018, 01:57 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post
At $20 a tube for magic Synerjesus grease, I couldn't afford to lube up 3+ times a year. I just use the $4 tube of Red n' Tacky.

Yeah, I has similar opinion until I got the additional ( dedicated ) greaseguns. I have had the same tube of that pricey grease for goin on 3 years ; it's like, 2-3 pumps per bj...same as the gun for the even costlier RCV grease. I use that redntackey in third gun for all the other stuff/Jeeps. I have a fourth , mini greasegun w those 3.5oz cartridges that I use green Lucas for the dual cardan shafts. Geezus, I sound like a grease lover. Heh.

Somewhere on here a long time ago I posted what I found in the actual grease that Synergy Mfg uses or buys their rebranded stuff from ...it's , like , "MolyB6000" or something like that...in a white tube w teal/gold brand that I cannot recall. It was just as expensive to get it .
I would go with Lucas red , too but they will have less issue replacing anything if you've used the ' recommended' grease 🙄 is all...

post #14 of 23 Old 11-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:

After your last pump for that greasing, don't leave handle depressed ; pull it back like you're gonna squirt it again then store like that...it make a slight vacuum that'll disallow the seepage. I should get some extra credit for finding real world use for the word ,"seepage" , if ya ask me....

I have also placed just the zerk nozzel on the gun within a Ziploc for storing it , but yrmv

rockystock likes this.

post #15 of 23 Old 11-06-2018, 03:53 PM
Granite Guru

For everyone thinking Dynatracs are the only high end option out there, keep your eyes peeled. We have a new patent pending ball joint we have been working on for about 5 years. They just released for the Ram trucks and will be coming to the JK platform in approximately 4-6 months. Lifetime Warranty and rebuildable on the vehicle.

Ram HD Adjustable Ball Joints

Teaser shot of the new JK Lower:
Attached Images

Chris Steimle
Product Manager

post #16 of 23 Old 11-06-2018, 04:36 PM
Minstrel Gigolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by j3ff3ry_j33p View Post

Yeah, I has similar opinion until I got the additional ( dedicated ) greaseguns. I have had the same tube of that pricey grease for goin on 3 years ; it's like, 2-3 pumps per bj...same as the gun for the even costlier RCV grease. I use that redntackey in third gun for all the other stuff/Jeeps. I have a fourth , mini greasegun w those 3.5oz cartridges that I use green Lucas for the dual cardan shafts. Geezus, I sound like a grease lover. Heh.

Somewhere on here a long time ago I posted what I found in the actual grease that Synergy Mfg uses or buys their rebranded stuff from ...it's , like , "MolyB6000" or something like that...in a white tube w teal/gold brand that I cannot recall. It was just as expensive to get it .
I would go with Lucas red , too but they will have less issue replacing anything if you've used the ' recommended' grease 🙄 is all...

lol you are the reason Synergy has granite counter tops in their R&D department.
post #17 of 23 Old 11-06-2018, 05:56 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllJumpStyle View Post
For everyone thinking Dynatracs are the only high end option out there, keep your eyes peeled. We have a new patent pending ball joint we have been working on for about 5 years. They just released for the Ram trucks and will be coming to the JK platform in approximately 4-6 months. Lifetime Warranty and rebuildable on the vehicle.

Ram HD Adjustable Ball Joints

Teaser shot of the new JK Lower:
If your price point is better than a cheap 12k winch and three cases of Newcastle you'll be on to somethin...
post #18 of 23 Old 11-07-2018, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snout View Post
lol you are the reason Synergy has granite counter tops in their R&D department.

I've tried telling @PIG this for years ...lmao

post #19 of 23 Old 11-07-2018, 02:43 PM
Granite Guru

Quote:
If your price point is better than a cheap 12k winch and three cases of Newcastle you'll be on to somethin...
Our Ram ball joints came out to $550. These should end up being a little cheaper.
rockystock likes this.

Chris Steimle
Product Manager

post #20 of 23 Old 11-09-2018, 07:42 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllJumpStyle View Post
Our Ram ball joints came out to $550. These should end up being a little cheaper.
Excellent. Bout time for a Dynatrac / Synergy ball joint price battle.
post #21 of 23 Old 11-11-2018, 01:25 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

I had my OEM ones in my Jeep for better than 110k km (68k miles). I replaced them with Napa premium brand ones. They have a lifetime warranty and are cheaper than all the other big name ones. I have only put 10k km (6k miles) on them, had to replace one, but no questions asked warranty. Same with my unit bearings.
rockystock likes this.

2012 JKU Rubicon - Build Thread -
post #22 of 23 Old 11-12-2018, 04:54 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

can you grease those Premium NAPA BJs or do they ride on nylon like the OEMs?
I am just curious . I'm also impressed as heck you got almost 70k on factory ball joints!

post #23 of 23 Old 11-12-2018, 04:13 PM
Granite Guru

Garage

Yes they are greasable. The lowers you have to remove a plug and install the grease zerk as the zerk won’t clear the stock shafts. The only reason I changed them is that when I did my truss and C gussets I decided to leave the stock ones in when welding the gussets so the holes didn’t deform like a buddy’s did. Obviously the heat from the welding melted the shit out of them, which is what I was expecting. Of those miles 40k km (25k miles) was on 37s and the rest was on stock tires.
j3ff3ry_j33p likes this.

2012 JKU Rubicon - Build Thread -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode