Water leak help! - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By RoubsX2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 Old 09-26-2018, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

Water leak help!

I am at my wit's end with a reoccurring water leak on my 16' jku. I have tried all the fixed found on the forums and YouTube . Not seem to have worked. Last night we had hard rain and I came out to a water filled driver's foot well. When testing with the water hose ,I believe it is coming in where the windshield frame and tub meet. I just can't seem to get it stopped.
I attached a picture of the same spot (not my Jeep) with the same fix.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-27-2018, 10:20 AM
Granite Guru

Garage

I had a door leak as well and just took it to the dealer and let them fix it (about the only thing I would trust them to fix, lol). It is a 2015 and was still under warranty, if I were you I would go that route.

'15 JKU/ 3" Synergy MFG Stage 2/ Fox 2.0 Performance Series IFP/ 35" KM2/ 4.56 Yukon Gears/ Currie Rock Jock 44/ ARB Locker/ Adams 1310/ VKS Fab/ Evo MFG
post #3 of 9 Old 09-28-2018, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

2 words will cure what ails you : butyl tape

(amazon. the black roll. shhhh; dont ask...just go buy a roll. you'll see)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 10-03-2018, 02:59 PM
Wheeler

post #5 of 9 Old 11-12-2018, 06:10 PM
RMY

Garage
Painful

Wow. Great slideshow but that install looked painful.

2016 JKU Rubicon
post #6 of 9 Old 11-12-2018, 06:57 PM
Granite Guru

I wonder if that's where I'm getting water in on my 2012. I just pulled the carpet the other day and found I nice size rust spot.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
post #7 of 9 Old 11-13-2018, 04:11 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb6700 View Post
I wonder if that's where I'm getting water in on my 2012. I just pulled the carpet the other day and found I nice size rust spot.

That's no bueno!
You check rain channels and top latches , etc ? I've had a floorpan plug loosen and water backsplash up thru the drainhole once...just fwiw...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 Old 11-13-2018, 10:30 AM
Rock God

The install is not bad, had to put one on my 2010 as it was a water fall while attempting to drive while it was raining. Swapped it out in a little over 2 hours and that time included swapping the header bar out on the soft top at the same time.
post #9 of 9 Old 11-14-2018, 08:23 AM
JKO Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody_roberts View Post
I am at my wit's end with a reoccurring water leak on my 16' jku. I have tried all the fixed found on the forums and YouTube . Not seem to have worked. Last night we had hard rain and I came out to a water filled driver's foot well. When testing with the water hose ,I believe it is coming in where the windshield frame and tub meet. I just can't seem to get it stopped.
I attached a picture of the same spot (not my Jeep) with the same fix.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I did something similar to what is shown in the pic you posted, however I positioned the weather strip/foam strip/foam rubber sponge tape (whatever you want to call it) more to the outside than inside where the windshield meets the body. More or less ran it along the edge of the bracket that bolts over the windshield and body. After doing that it "seemed" to reduce or eliminate the water I was getting inside the vehicle when it would rain.

This is the product I used and it seems to work pretty well. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb6700 View Post

Let me guess, that rust spot was about where the plastic clips used to hold the floor mats in place would be rubbing the floor pan?

Sure my rig has seen the trail, but I wheel it like a soccer mom looking for a parking spot at Nordstroms.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode