JKOwners Forum banner

TDS - March 5, 6, 7

7K views 76 replies 17 participants last post by  MakeItLookEasy 
#1 · (Edited)
Who is going? Just registered online last night.

TDS said:
Tierra Del Sol is proud to announce the 48th Annual Desert Safari to be held March 5th,6th and 7th in the Truckhaven Hills area of the North Ocotillo Wells SVRA.
http://www.tdsdesertsafari.com/

Desert Safari Safety Requirements
All 4X4 vehicles must meet the Mandatory Vehicle Safety Requirements.
No refunds will be given if regulations are not met.
Long whip antennas should be removed or tied down (a hazard to bystanders).

MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
1. Four Wheel Drive Vehicle
2. Roll bar or metal top
3. Seat belt for each occupant
4. Functional emergency brake or MICRO -LOCK
5. Muffler(s) - NO open headers
6. Fire Extinguisher
7. Tow rope, strap, cable, chain or winch

Recommended Items;
1. First Aid Kit
2. Serviceable Spare Tire
3. CB Radio

Our campsite:
GPS:
33.279418, -116.061437
+33° 16' 45.90", -116° 3' 41.17"

See less See more
#2 ·
Registration? I don't need no registration. :thefinger:

I might go down for the day like last year. I enjoyed checking out the vendors and running around on the hills, but I will want to stay away from the evening "Glamis" crowd this time, though.

The guys I hung out with last year:
Puddlz?
Riverkid?
Chromedome?

Anyone else?

#31 · (Edited)
I'll be staying in Borrego Springs at the Palm Canyon "Resort" Hotel. I've only missed a couple of years since 2002 when a client of mine invited me out. This year will be my first in a Jeep.

Yup, I was the guy on the right. :hide:
I'll be hanging out watching the crazies at "notches" off and on Saturday. Ill try to hook up with the JKO peeps on Sunday if that's the plan.:beer:
"Azuza canyon crowd" ...:laughing2:

#46 ·
Not a problem. I'm arriving to meet the group Friday evening. Some of our members should be there probably as early as Wednesday. Everyone in our club is going to be on channel 7 - just ask for Jason from the Social Climbers.

You'll see a large circle of class A's - but just call my cell or hit us up on the CB and I'll meet you out on the road. GPS coordinates for our site are in post 1.

#53 ·
Going to do a run on Saturday with the JK's for JKO TV, but also hearing about this Sunday run... Could easily be talked into going on this run too.
Look forward to meeting you! :smokin:

Please register for TDS! It is a great event! We all need to support events that support us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.